Buiding A Guitar!, questions on a work in progress
sidewas lightnin...
Aug 17 2008, 10:49 PM
GMC:er
So GMCers, about five of you know that I am building a guitar. biggrin.gif The other five thousand or so don't tongue.gif . So, I basically was inspired by an article on EVH's frankenstein guitars and wanted a frankenstein to call my very own. It is loosely based on the original frankenstein, but a lot of the features I changed deliberately to make it so it was mine and not a copy. This includes the paint job. If I was born forty years earlier, I would have gotten that paint job first. But it didn't work out that way, so instead I thought something different and just as good. I got a nice mighty mites maple neck in the mail yesterday and it has not left my sight since. I've already screwed the floyd rose nut on, and when I get my swamp ash body, I'll do the routing for the tremolo and the slanted bridge pup (unlike ed, I also have a neck pup as well for more versatility.) I'll put on some pictures as soon as I can find my digital camera... If any of you have any experience with building a guitar, it would help here. I haven't run into that many roadblocks... yet. huh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Aug 19 2008, 06:37 PM
Instructor
There are some books about reparing and making guitars. There is one by Bill Wyza called Build Your Guitar and some of Dan Erlewine. Maybe you can get some ideas from those.
I hope it was usefull.
biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Aug 21 2008, 02:59 PM
Instructor
Building guitars is fun, I have built a few. Check out this website

www.projectguitar.net

They have nice tutorials on building guitars, you might also want to check www.reranch.com great website also for finishing guitars with spray cans and obtaining a professional grade job

Good Luck

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 21 2008, 05:08 PM
Instructor
That's pretty cool man. If I had the time (and money for the parts smile.gif ) I would definitely try it as a hobby or something. Please post some pics when your done, I would love to see how it turns out smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 21 2008, 07:06 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (sidewas lightning @ Aug 17 2008, 11:49 PM) *
So GMCers, about five of you know that I am building a guitar. biggrin.gif The other five thousand or so don't tongue.gif . So, I basically was inspired by an article on EVH's frankenstein guitars and wanted a frankenstein to call my very own. It is loosely based on the original frankenstein, but a lot of the features I changed deliberately to make it so it was mine and not a copy. This includes the paint job. If I was born forty years earlier, I would have gotten that paint job first. But it didn't work out that way, so instead I thought something different and just as good. I got a nice mighty mites maple neck in the mail yesterday and it has not left my sight since. I've already screwed the floyd rose nut on, and when I get my swamp ash body, I'll do the routing for the tremolo and the slanted bridge pup (unlike ed, I also have a neck pup as well for more versatility.) I'll put on some pictures as soon as I can find my digital camera... If any of you have any experience with building a guitar, it would help here. I haven't run into that many roadblocks... yet. huh.gif

Ambitious and cool project , can't wait to see its progress !! Good luck and have lots of fun building it!

QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Aug 21 2008, 03:59 PM) *

www.projectguitar.net

They have nice tutorials on building guitars, you might also want to check www.reranch.com great website also for finishing guitars with spray cans and obtaining a professional grade job

Good Luck

Thats a very useful site !!!

Can you post some pictures of your work I would love to see them wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Aug 22 2008, 01:11 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Aug 21 2008, 09:59 AM) *

www.projectguitar.net

Good Luck

Thanks, that website will come in handy.

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:41 AM