Not Another Buckethead Thread But Rather A Conspiracy...
fatb0t
Jan 3 2008, 07:45 PM
GMC:er
Is Buckethead really Paul Gilbert with a KFC bucket on his head?

If you listen to Cacophony, the album "Speed Metal Symphony" you will find many many bizzare techniques that seem to have found their way into Bucketheads repitore as well.

I dunno, sometimes I just get the feeling they're the same dude somehow.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by fatb0t: Jan 3 2008, 10:07 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 3 2008, 08:14 PM
Lets go fishing!
Paul Gilbert is a big influence on Buckethead for sure ! They are good friends and I think hang out together alot too from what i can make out from bucketheads only magazine interveiws.

But the same guy? I can see why people might think that !! Bucket may have the same deadly accuracy and timeing as paul but theres where the simulatirys end for me - both in terms of music and physical appearence! smile.gif

Buckethead is quite leterally gigantic in stature! His hands are the biggest i have ever seen ! He stands at 7 foot with his stage atire on!! Paul is ever so slight in stature, side by side Buckethead dwarfs him !! laugh.gif smile.gif

Haveing watched much buckethead footage both onthe net and bought all his DVD's its clear to see how different they are ! smile.gif Ive seen footage of bucket playing piano in his basement with just a clear mask on! You can almost make out his face properly.... ohmy.gif

Great thread by the way! biggrin.gif

p.s this is a great video to see the size of buckethead compared to a normal man (if you can call robin Finck normal!) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOGuU87EZSQ

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jan 3 2008, 08:17 PM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Jan 3 2008, 09:41 PM
Instructor
Great thread!
His real name is Brian Carroll.
You can find ome ol pics online.

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
InstruMental Cas...
Jan 3 2008, 11:54 PM
Yeah, his name is Brian, and he was Paul's student for around a year. I recently read Paul mention that he ran into him at an airport (without the mask on obviously), and that Brian had changed a lot physically since when Paul knew him as a teen. So I guess they aren't in close contact.

This post has been edited by InstruMental Case: Jan 3 2008, 11:56 PM

+Quote Post
swingline
Jan 4 2008, 12:06 AM
I never noticed how big his guitar was until that video.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 4 2008, 04:30 AM
Instructor
I just can't understand why someone has to wear mask tongue.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 4 2008, 04:55 AM
beacuse he's Paul Gilbert!

haha

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 4 2008, 05:31 AM
OMG LOOK AT HIS PINKY!!! its hugeee!!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
JOhn
Jan 4 2008, 06:07 AM
Yeh Paul gilbert can't be buckethead becuse when my guitar teacher went and saw gilbert some one asked weather he was buckethead and paul said he wasn't.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 4 2008, 09:54 AM
Lets go fishing!
Well youve now all seen buckethead next to robin fink and the size of his guitar compared to a standard les paul biggrin.gif Just take a look at how tiny in frame paul is now ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84l3AvsShwc

Either way they are both my "famous" favorite musicians biggrin.gif Ahhhhh 2 become one tongue.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
Jan 4 2008, 12:32 PM
buckethead get his guitars made custom to be bigger, cause he says regular sized guitars look like toys in his hands....

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
Owen
Jan 4 2008, 01:17 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 4 2008, 12:54 AM) *
Well youve now all seen buckethead next to robin fink and the size of his guitar compared to a standard les paul biggrin.gif Just take a look at how tiny in frame paul is now ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84l3AvsShwc

Either way they are both my "famous" favorite musicians biggrin.gif Ahhhhh 2 become one tongue.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif

That video rather wierded me out, seeing a middle aged man play a spice girls song is quite strange. tongue.gif

I would have wholeheartedly accepted it, however, if he had butchered the original and just littered it with shred runs - not a huge fan of shredding but I would have found it ironic. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 4 2008, 01:20 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Owen @ Jan 4 2008, 12:17 PM) *
That video rather wierded me out, seeing a middle aged man play a spice girls song is quite strange. tongue.gif

I would have wholeheartedly accepted it, however, if he had butchered the original and just littered it with shred runs - not a huge fan of shredding but I would have found it ironic. biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif I can see why some would think that - it is a little odd seing Paul Gilbert sing the spice girls laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 5 2008, 12:49 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 4 2008, 03:30 AM) *
I just can't understand why someone has to wear mask tongue.gif

That is a GREAT question !! When I first found out about him it was all I could notice. biggrin.gif

But as time has gone by, I have fallen so in love with his music it is not something that I even notice. wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 6 2008, 07:09 AM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Jan 3 2008, 11:45 PM) *
Is Buckethead really Paul Gilbert with a KFC bucket on his head?

If you listen to Cacophony, the album "Speed Metal Symphony" you will find many many bizzare techniques that seem to have found their way into Bucketheads repitore as well.

I dunno, sometimes I just get the feeling they're the same dude somehow.

Cacophony's guitarists are Marty Friedman and Jason Becker.

And no Buckethead and Gilbert are 2 different persons. I don't know why some people find difference between the two of them. Two different styles of guitar playing. Even the way they write music is different.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Jan 6 2008, 07:10 AM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 6 2008, 07:21 AM
If you notice I said "as well", I hear many of the licks from Cacophony directly in Buckethead's repitore.

Perhaps it's just some exotic scale that really sticks out who knows...

+Quote Post
VinceG
Jan 6 2008, 08:34 AM
Oh ok, I just thought you meant that Gilbert played in Cacophony. I was just confused on why you mentioned Cacophony when you were trying to compare Gilbet and Buckethead. Sorry for the mix-up.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
KRmachine
Jan 9 2008, 10:05 AM
Buckethead has a couple of licks Paul Gilbert taught him, since Bucket was at one point taking guitar lessons from Paul, that's probably what you hear. They're definitely not the same person.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:42 AM