2 Pages V   1 2 >  
All My Solos, from Defining Armageddon
Ben Higgins
Mar 6 2013, 10:14 AM
Instructor
Hey guys, I've wanted to make one of these videos for ages but kept forgetting about it.. plus I wasn't picking up my guitar that often. But I finally got around to making a video of all my solos from Defining Armageddon smile.gif

I didn't aim for perfection and just listen to that obnoxious squeal in the solo for the title track itself huh.gif but it was fun to do !

I recorded this as I usually do.. a DI from the back of the amp head. As I say in the video, the tone of this amp really comes alive through a speaker and it was mic'd up to record the DA album, both rythm and lead, but for non album projects I always use the DI for quickness and convenience smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Mar 6 2013, 10:14 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jouve
Mar 6 2013, 11:06 AM
Learning Roadie
Just wow. Rusted fists ph34r.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ninjastorm
Mar 6 2013, 11:21 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Fantastic! "Defining Armageddon" is my favorite.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 6 2013, 01:44 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2013, 03:07 PM
Instructor
Fantastic solos Ben! Your playing is wild on this video. I love the energy. Great job!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Mar 6 2013, 04:50 PM
GMC:er
GODLIKE!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Mar 6 2013, 06:46 PM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Hard to pick a fav here. Really dig the whole album and the solos! cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wollace03
Mar 6 2013, 06:54 PM
wow, thanx!!!

rusted fist is THE killer solo!

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Mar 6 2013, 07:52 PM
Tone Seeker
Hey Ben nice video ! cool.gif

I have to ask - Did you remember all the notes of the solos ? Or did you have to re-learn some of them for the video ?

This post has been edited by WeePee: Mar 6 2013, 07:53 PM

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Mar 6 2013, 07:54 PM
This really is amazing mate

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 6 2013, 09:05 PM
Instructor
Wow, thanks a lot guys !! smile.gif

QUOTE (WeePee @ Mar 6 2013, 06:52 PM) *
Hey Ben nice video ! cool.gif

I have to ask - Did you remember all the notes of the solos ? Or did you have to re-learn some of them for the video ?

Yes I remember them all. It's strange how it never goes away. It's something I always wondered about.. forgetting how to play things etc.. but so far, so good (so what ?) biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Mar 6 2013, 09:05 PM

+Quote Post
Patrik Berg
Mar 8 2013, 03:44 AM
Great video Ben, there are some filthy solos in there smile.gif

--------------------
When your fingers bleed you're getting somewhere

+Quote Post
zoom
Mar 8 2013, 06:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Great Ben your solo's are epic. Ha I noticed your T shirt! I wonder where the art work came from?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 8 2013, 09:49 AM
Instructor
Ben... as I said on FB smile.gif You are a very talented guitarist and your playing is great! I miss your donut jokes sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 8 2013, 10:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Patrik Berg @ Mar 8 2013, 02:44 AM) *
Great video Ben, there are some filthy solos in there smile.gif

Haha, what a brilliant description - love it !!! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (zoom @ Mar 8 2013, 05:23 AM) *
Great Ben your solo's are epic. Ha I noticed your T shirt! I wonder where the art work came from?

Thanks Z-Master !

As for the artwork.. I have no idea ph34r.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 8 2013, 08:49 AM) *
Ben... as I said on FB smile.gif You are a very talented guitarist and your playing is great! I miss your donut jokes sad.gif

Do-nut worry !! I have not dissapeared completely smile.gif

+Quote Post
HungryForHeaven
Mar 8 2013, 10:56 AM
Learning Tone Master
Great video, thanks for sharing!

As you know, I'm a big fan of your playing style. It's also cool how well all the solos are composed and thoroughly thought through (now try to say that while munching donuts), and that you can "reproduce" them like this, I guess that's convenient for live situations. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 8 2013, 11:11 AM
One word 'Bloody Hell!'....two then wacko.gif

+Quote Post
Timmy b
Mar 8 2013, 12:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow Man!! Just Fantastic!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 8 2013, 03:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HungryForHeaven @ Mar 8 2013, 09:56 AM) *
It's also cool how well all the solos are composed and thoroughly thought through (now try to say that while munching donuts

Well, seeing as you've suggested it.. I guess I should try it just to see.................. tongue.gif

Thanks guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
Mar 14 2013, 09:48 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Amazing. I'm gonna check your band smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:41 AM