> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Yoncopin's Thread, for Gab's Army
yoncopin
Oct 3 2015, 09:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 3 2015, 03:01 PM) *
Hi mate, here I am ready to help you to organize your creativity time. smile.gif

Are you in?

Yes!!! Teach me oh wise one!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 5 2015, 02:03 PM
Instructor
Well, at first I'd like to ask you to share here 5 songs that you think show a bit the direction of your own album. Please share names and links here.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Oct 5 2015, 03:39 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 5 2015, 09:03 AM) *
Well, at first I'd like to ask you to share here 5 songs that you think show a bit the direction of your own album. Please share names and links here.

Alright, in no particular order, I have lots of favorites/influences but I tried to keep these stylistically similar.

Sleep - Dragonaut
Black Sabbath - Into the Void
Motorhead - Ace of Spades
Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
Kyuss - Green Machine
UFO - Prince Kajuku
Trex - Buick Mackane

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2015, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Awesome! Let's star analyzing these songs. Please choose one and write down what's happening based on the following table:

Structure // What's happening? (arrangement) // Theory (chord progressions and scales)

Try doing it and let me know if you need help.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Oct 9 2015, 01:53 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 6 2015, 08:36 AM) *
Awesome! Let's star analyzing these songs. Please choose one and write down what's happening based on the following table:
Structure // What's happening? (arrangement) // Theory (chord progressions and scales)
Try doing it and let me know if you need help.

Ok, here's the first one, is this what you're looking for?

Sleep - Dragonaut

Tuning: C Standard
Scale: F Minor

Chords:
F5 A#5 C5 G#5

Structure:
Intro A B A C A

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2015, 02:20 PM
Instructor
That's a good first step. I think that a deeper analysis will be more eye opener about the main concepts used by each band to create their songs. I have a notepad where I do my analysis and create columns for each of the three elements of the table.

I write Intro on the first column, write what's happening regarding arrangments (for example, guitar starts playing 8th notes arpeggios during 4 measures, then drum starts with a mid tempo groove and bass plays roots and fifths), and the theory behind the part on the third column (I write the tonality, the chords with name and also grade of the scale, and the scale used). Every detail can be useful to understand what is being used and also will add vocabulary to your own composing skills.

This thread can give you ideas: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=707977

As soon as you analyze many songs from the same band or maybe from different bands, you'll start to identify the concepts that you like more and what's the secret behind the music that you like.

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Oct 9 2015, 06:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Yes, that makes perfect sense and the reference thread was very useful. Ok, so I redid that song, and this is every detail I could extract from it.

Sleep - Dragonaut

Tuning: C Standard
Tempo: 126bpm
Scale: F Minor

0:00 Intro x10
F Minor Pentatonic
G# F D# F 8th notes
1 - Guitar only (light distortion)
2 - Bass added (wah effect)
3 - Drums added
6.5 - Distortion / volume increase

1:17 A x6
C octave double stop palm muted
Open C used almost as a drone note with more F Minor Penatonic double stops A# C C#
Riff ends with descending chromatic G5 F#5 F5
1 - Guitar only
2 - Bass, (light drums - tempo only, like a count-in or metronome)
3 - Vocals

2:03 B x4
A#5 C5 G5 F5 Chords

2:34 A x4 w/ Vocals

3:06 C x6
1+2 - Guitar Only

3:55 A x4
1 - Guitar (light drums - tempo only, like a count-in or metronome)
2 - Bass added
3 - Vocals (Strong fade in effect)

4:26 Guitar Solo

5:00 Bass & Drums only
5:26 Bass Outro

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 11 2015, 11:52 PM
Instructor
Awesome analysis mate!! I can imagine that you have clearer idea of the structure and overall concepts behind this song. Let's continue with more songs to see which are the concepts that are most used in the music that you like.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Oct 22 2015, 02:49 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel, just wanted to check in. My wife and new baby are in the hospital, there was an emergency and the baby had to be delivered prematurely at 28 weeks. Things are all kinda scary right now and I probably won't be too talkative for a while. Regardless, I'm still practicing, so don't give up on me, we'll get through this. Thanks, Brian

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2015, 04:25 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'd like to send you all my best wishes and positive feeling to your new baby. I hope that everything works good during this period.

Thanks for the update. I'll be hear if you need anything. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Nov 3 2015, 02:29 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
So I know I said I might be gone a while, but things are going ok here for now. I've been playing my guitar a lot and finding it very calming. I've been working on the Winter Tune II for a long time now and decided to post a new REC take of it. Let me know what you think!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 4 2015, 01:50 PM
Instructor
I forgot to say here that I've commented this video at REC. Check it out!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Nov 4 2015, 05:02 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 4 2015, 07:50 AM) *
I forgot to say here that I've commented this video at REC. Check it out!

Thanks for the feedback! I always post it here so we can discuss the feedback I get. I'm waiting to see what the other instructors think but I see all of your points clearly. Gonna keep working on this one, but maybe take a break to work an easier rhythm lesson or something. If your score is an indication of the ones to come, I'd like to do better.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2015, 01:27 PM
Instructor
Ok! Let's wait! Please remember that REC grading is not more strict and takes pass with a 6.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=54577

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Dec 9 2015, 02:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gab! It's been a while, but I wanted to check in and let you know I'm still out here working. Life has been crazy, but I've been working on Gary Moore Meets Peter Green to continue building my vibrato. I can really feel my control improving. I have to keep small goals right now because of our new baby, but I'm still practicing every day. I also finished a MAJOR project of releasing my iPhone game, Code of Arms. It's all my art, music and programming and took me almost 3 years to build. I've been getting a lot of good feedback and am very proud of it. Anyways, just wanted to say hi.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 10 2015, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hey mate! Great to hear from you! I'm also happy to know that you are following your dreams and growing as a person and professional. Congrats on the game released! Are you planning to make it available for android too? I'd like to try it. smile.gif

About your playing, feel free to share some clips to let me check your progress.

Keep going!

Cheers,

Gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Mar 4 2016, 03:43 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel, just wanted to check in, it's been a while smile.gif

I finished my first pedal build, a Madbean Slow Loris, which is a modded up ProCo Rat. Pretty fun, I'm definitely going to build some more stuff. Downside is it takes up some of my playing time, but I'm having a LOT of fun with it.

I've been working on To The Stage from Troy Stetina's Metal Lead Guitar Vol 1 for about a month now. I'll post a take here when I've got it down, just a little more speed needed at the end section.

Attached Image

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2016, 07:33 PM
Instructor
Wou!! It looks great! Congratulations on your pedal! smile.gif

I'd like to head some samples! I like rat pedal, I've used one from a friend and use a lot the plug in emulation.

Troy is a great teacher, looking forward to hear your take on his song.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
yoncopin
Mar 18 2016, 02:44 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Gabriel,
I hope your shows are going well! I posted some samples of my Rat clone pedal A/B'd with my Pod HD500X over in this thread. Can you tell the difference? It was pretty hard for me, very interesting.

I was hoping you could help me get over a barrier I'm having with my practicing. I've been working on that Troy Stetina solo for almost two months now. When I practice a piece I tend to focus on only playing it because of my limited practice time (it's just how I like to do things). So... after two months I'm getting pretty bored with it and the limiter is my speed on this final section. I think I'm doing everything I need to to move forward: isolate movements, practice small chunks, slow down, metronome, etc... but is building speed like building bending/vibrato? By that I mean does it take a LOOOOONNNGG time? I feel like speed is now the primary limiter in my playing. Should I try a different approach or am I on the right track?

I've started to look for a complementary lesson to practice alongside the speed work, something more musical/style focused which is easier technically to play. I was thinking something Hendrix/Classic/Blues rock-esque. I've been looking around GMC but haven't found anything that inspires me, I was inspired by this lesson (video) but I don't want to pay for anything else right now. Any suggestions?

This post has been edited by yoncopin: Mar 18 2016, 02:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2016, 08:20 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

I don't have good monitoring here to check your pedal samples but I'll do it when I get back home. About building speed, in my personal experience, repetitive technique exercises are what helped me to expand my limits regarding speed. I remember that THIS clinic helped me a lot when I was a teenager who wanted to shred.

I've also shared HERE, all the exercises that helped me to polish my technique.

There are no short cuts, but the secret is to practice every day and repeat the same routine for at least 1 week before you change it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:53 AM