2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Pop Music... :o
Twibeard
Nov 22 2007, 02:38 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Robin @ Nov 22 2007, 02:59 AM) *
OMG how could I forget Paralyzed, my cousin and her friends band, a duo. I participated with bass and electric guitar on "I can see my life"... lol I did way too much vibrato.

http://www11.nrk.no/urort/Artist/Paralyzed/default.aspx "Lytt" means Listen and "Last ned" means Download. They are amazing, check them out!!

I really like "I can see my life"... Robin ... awesome! smile.gif

QUOTE (Hemlok @ Nov 22 2007, 09:26 AM) *
Indie? Thats a new word for me, I am just going by what I hear all the time on the radio.

Hemlok .. knock ya self out with Indie here biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Twibeard: Nov 22 2007, 02:44 PM

--------------------

Guitar: Ibanez RG370DXCE my backup is a Fender Strat.
Amps: Marshall MG and Line6 Spider III 75W combo (preferred)

Recording stuff: Cubase SX3, Logic emagic, Novation ReMote SL, M-Audio Pro
Synth experiance: Roland, MoTu, Native Instrument, Spectrasonics and Steinberg
Main VST's: Kontakt2, FM8, Bass station, Ezdrummer, MoTu EI, Atmosphere, Crystall
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 22 2007, 04:42 PM
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Nov 22 2007, 09:26 AM) *
And often not written by the singer.

In that case, none of the artists I posted are pop laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Twibeard and vince: She sure has a great voice, its just too bad she stopped. I keep telling her and her friend that they'll get a record deal without a problem, but they dont believe me tongue.gif

Anyway, I'll bring the good words to her biggrin.gif

QUOTE (VinceG @ Nov 22 2007, 11:24 AM) *
You surprise me with your music choice sometimes hehe.

There are only two types of music: Good music and Bad music. Nothing has anything to do with genres.

I think it was Miles Davis that said something like that.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Nov 27 2007, 01:14 AM
The Dark Canuck
Well I enjoy pop every now and again I must say. Mostly 80's retro stuff though. So it's no surprise that my favourite pop song is "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics. Great band and amazing song. I mean loads of people have either sampled or covered this song. I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQHrspjw4aA

+Quote Post
Robin
Nov 27 2007, 01:21 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Nov 27 2007, 01:14 AM) *
Well I enjoy pop every now and again I must say. Mostly 80's retro stuff though. So it's no surprise that my favourite pop song is "Sweet Dreams" by the Eurythmics. Great band and amazing song. I mean loads of people have either sampled or covered this song. I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQHrspjw4aA

Oh yes, that song is cool!

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Nov 27 2007, 11:04 AM
hehe, ABBA's awesome...
What do we mean when we say pop? If we mean the Spice Girls, then it's utter balls, if we mean The Offspring, Blink 182, catchy songs, crappy players (Offspring aren't bad players, but Mark & Tom....), but good songs none the less.
I think Pop music is just a style of music where the SONG is the most important thing, catchy hooks, however simple, are the key ingredient. It does NOT take any kind of degree of technical proficiency to play pop music, but I think it does take a hell of a lot of creativity.
This is where most guitarists go wrong...(me especially, and I'm really improvising this post, and realizing a whole lot biggrin.gif) they practice and practice and practice to be technically proficient and become amazing at playing exercises, but when it comes to writing songs....how good are they? A good example would be...Yngwie Malmsteen (IMHO), technically FANTASTIC....but really crappy music that NO-ONE but guitarists who want to play technically proficiently would listen to it....
Point is,....no matter how much you hate pop music,....we all need a little bit of it, I think.

This post has been edited by Paul Coutts: Nov 27 2007, 11:05 AM

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:49 PM