15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >  
I Love Gmc!, Hey.. whats all the comotion here???
Bondy
Mar 22 2008, 09:58 AM
Learning Roadie
Well i came here to learn guitar not to whine about politics of the site and forum.If people put more practice in there would be no time for negative postsThis used to be a fun place but i have noticed it's new members rocking the boat not older ones sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 22 2008, 10:16 AM
Get to da Chopper!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
demonmyst
Mar 22 2008, 11:17 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Mar 19 2008, 08:50 PM) *
+ 1 with Ivan

It is not a big deal so not to worry. Those who have signed up with a competitor site are probably just curious more than anything! And i doubt many of those are leaving GMC wink.gif

GMC gave me something very special when life wasnt so good to me - and for that I am VERY greatful !! There will always be competor sites, there always has been - this is not a new thing ! i wish them the very best of luck, as long as they are happy. smile.gif

GMC is very unique in many special ways, so lets get back to learning and haveing fun biggrin.gif

That's a major thing about this site.

We're here to learn, not so much talk. Talking is just a giant bonus. :] This forum makes the comforting side about this website. Also the instructors willing to answer any and every question you have, even if it's the dumbest most obvious one .biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 22 2008, 11:34 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (RobM @ Mar 22 2008, 05:09 AM) *
Rofl, what really gets me is how really close to the truth Goliath really was with what he said about the seniors and how people will just about agree with anything they say to get a few brownie points from it.

I will reply to your post RobM but my reply goes for several more who I think should think one step further.
I have to disagree completely about brownie points. I could on the other hand state the same regarding you and Goliath who walk hand in hand whily stirring things up.
I never asked to become a moderator, I was asked.
I never asked to become a senior, I was asked and as far as I know that was because I had been helpful to others. I know I have been doing by best to help you out several times when you have asked questions. I now I hear it's bad (draw a parallell) since it's affecting members to suck up. Come on! It's so much BS you can't belive it.

I can't belive some people use up so much energy on trying to change an already good place. If it's cussing and nudity you miss here, there's plenty of other sites on the internet for that. Maybe even guitar sites.
If you want to change something, why not aim for something better, like providing means for research for finding a cure for heart dicieases, or work to find ways to help poor children in the third world, help the WWF any way you can so save the nature.
You could get your own badge and your own forum for lobbying at GMC I'm sure. Just use that energy in a positive way instead of negative trying to change the best guitar community - I've ever seen at least - just because a tiny detail doesn't please you. Surely you should try to better GMC aswell but I for one and sick and tired of reading posts with so much negativity and back patting others who find flaws with GMC. A bit of self control is all that's needed.
Say you manage to get all the moderators to tire of this, like a buch of school kids would hassle their teacher (yes, some of you are not lobbying, some of you are just whining over and over and over again) into tears, would that make you happy? Most of the seniors gone and only a few left which would make an easier target since they can't gang up on you people.

I say like Basil Fawlty said
Guest: I'm not happy!
Basil: People like you never are, are they?

+Quote Post
Bondy
Mar 22 2008, 12:09 PM
Learning Roadie
+1 Well said Mickem just what i wanted to say but more articulate

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 22 2008, 12:11 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hmm +1 to mickem.. maybe its time to finish this and get back to guitar:D anywas.. I wrote a solo in middle of posting this, so there was no practicing pause to me:D

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Mar 22 2008, 12:30 PM
GMC Founder
A few words about seniors - seniors are selected if they add something to the site (for instance they create valuable tutorials, provide excellent help to beginners, new board activity, or provide in depth experince to the board). I can't really understand why members who get all this extra material would have anything against seniorization - unless it is that you are frustrated that you haven't been seniorized.

If that is the case, all you have to do is pm a moderator and they can give you a suggetsion on what you can do to be seniorized! smile.gif Everyone is welcome! biggrin.gif

This thread has had a quite depressive character - so I have taken the liberty to change its title to "I love GMC" laugh.gif - Jakub I hope you don't mind!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 22 2008, 12:35 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Me being the TO.. I can quite without fear say, that I have strong feelings towards GMC and am quite dependant on it and I can really agree, that it saved my life quite a few times - if there were no GMC, I wont be playing guitar now (inspiration...), I wont jsut have had made up my 3rd solo in my life and I would also had NOTHING to do, while in depression.. Since I am heterosexual, I wont say, that I love it.. but for me it is second most precious thing in my life:) So if Ya want.. Yes.. I love this place:)

Oh and.. what can I do to be senior?smile.gif I promise, I will be not ganking on anyone and be fair and honest and helpful and caring and sharing and everything else.. Or if not senior, what about GMC Judge? biggrin.gif Now thats function, I would love to have smile.gif

Oh.. just realized.. I am definietly NOT frustrated by not being senior:D

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Mar 22 2008, 12:39 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 22 2008, 12:35 PM
Instructor
I support "I love GMC" title! It sounds so much better. biggrin.gif

Also I agree with Kris 100% - If someone thinks that someone should be given a senior status or anything at all on the forum - please fell free to write it down or send it anonymously to management. You will help much more by doing this! smile.gif

Also be aware that seniors - regardless how long they've been on the site - are doing the best they can to make this place a better place for all of us. It is quite well deserved if you ask me! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Mar 22 2008, 12:37 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 22 2008, 01:39 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Mar 22 2008, 07:35 AM) *
Oh and.. what can I do to be senior? smile.gif I promise, I will be not ganking on anyone and be fair and honest and helpful and caring and sharing and everything else..

Thats the spirit Jakub smile.gif You need to find a way of helping people and showing a lead - you obviously have a love of GMC which is a pre-requisite smile.gif Look at some of the seniors we have so far:

Micke - always helping people with Gear
Tony - always helping people with recording
Smells - started virtual bands and is making lessons

Find something that you can do to help everyone, and work on it, and Seniorhood is within your grasp - and that goes for everyone. Having seniors around is not intended to be elitist, it is intended to recognise the people that make GMC a better place. If we didn't have seniors or moderators, Kris would have to close down the forum, or stop looking for new instructors and developing the site as he can;t do it all on his own, so we need more Seniors, not less, but we won't create seniors just to have them, it has to be earned!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 22 2008, 01:46 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I guess I'll be able to help with songwriting? I'll think about this all, hang around on forums (as ever..) and see what more can I do:) I like to be producer, rather than consumer, which I am now.. so this is a way for me:) thanks for kind words for now:) Btw.. huge THANKS for your theory lessons.. I fell in love with it biggrin.gif So instead of fairy tale story..

Cheers,

Jakub smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 22 2008, 01:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Joe Kataldo @ Mar 21 2008, 03:42 PM) *
+1

To much noise in my opinion

+1

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 22 2008, 01:51 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Mar 22 2008, 12:39 PM) *
Thats the spirit Jakub smile.gif You need to find a way of helping people and showing a lead - you obviously have a love of GMC which is a pre-requisite smile.gif Look at some of the seniors we have so far:

Micke - always helping people with Gear
Tony - always helping people with recording
Smells - started virtual bands and is making lessons

Find something that you can do to help everyone, and work on it, and Seniorhood is within your grasp - and that goes for everyone. Having seniors around is not intended to be elitist, it is intended to recognise the people that make GMC a better place. If we didn't have seniors or moderators, Kris would have to close down the forum, or stop looking for new instructors and developing the site as he can;t do it all on his own, so we need more Seniors, not less, but we won't create seniors just to have them, it has to be earned!

You forgot Matt sad.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Mar 22 2008, 01:53 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Sounds cool Jakub, take Smells lead and figure out a way you can bring people together to work on this, look what Smells is doing with the virtual bands - maybe you can start a Songwriting group to feed the virtual bands, or run collaborations with?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Mar 22 2008, 02:06 PM
Instructor
Love the new title,A LOT!!! biggrin.gif

Seniors are doing great job,both for site improvements and community feel. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Goliath
Mar 22 2008, 02:23 PM
MickeM I have absolutely no desire to get seniority aside from getting GMC for free, but it's such a value as is that I really don't care about that that much either, and I assure you every bit of my gripe with the system is my own and I honestly couldn't care less whether I get support on it or not, the fact that I have gotten some shows you that the issue is indeed valid and not quite as trivial as you would suggest (everythign after the comma is from an edit, I reread your post and got a little more ticked at your obvious swift dismissal of an issue that is very real). Nor do I really want to appear as some champion of the forum masses airing grievances of GMC, this topic sort of derailed and turned into a topic like this several pages ago and I just jumped on. Then you go out on the bit about back patting, ROFL, which is at the very center of my gripe about it. You probably have a hard time seeing what I am saying because there is a bit of disconnect between you and just a joe-user who's paying to be here and odds are you don't notice it because you've become so used to it. Now as for coming to each other's aide, I feel that's not really a strong one since your seniors ARE the more active forum users and are seniors for PRECISELY that reason. This is no way a jab at you or a personal affront, but I can tell you're marginalizing my argument and you aren't getting WHY I made it in the first place, which is exactly what's wrong. You and I don't see eye to eye on many issues on the board, well that's pretty much limited to gear and off topic posts since those are the only places I really check, but I know we both have the civility to treat each other with respect, which is what a community is about. I don't need "forum popularity" (nor am I insinuating any senior/instructor/Kris does this) to measure my self worth, I take the GMC forums for what they are: a pleasant way to waste a few minutes at work here and again and a great way to interface with instructors and squeeze knowledge out of folks more experienced than myself.

As i mentioned pages and pages ago I am incredibly pleased with GMC, just think that a lot of times the senior system gets in the way of serious discussion because of your aforementioned "back patting".

And no I don't have a subscription anymore if anyone besides Kris has access to that, but it's not because I canceled it, but right after my 6 mos reupped my appt was broken into and check book stolen so I started a new bank account and have yet to link it back to paypal (I took some Rolaids and got rid of some of my GAS, no linked paypal acct is a nice added hurdle to keep me from shopping on ebay tongue.gif). I assure you when the current 6 mo block lapses you will still see my smiling face at the lessons with a fresh shiny new 6 mo subscription tongue.gif

EDIT: And the seniors post farming with ridicule is pretty much the embodiment of what myself and others have talked about. You take a valid viewpoint then in your "good natured" responses pile on some posts creating an air that any sensible person shouldn't take these seriously all the while refusing to properly respond to the issue. Andrew is the only one that's come close in this thread.

This post has been edited by Goliath: Mar 22 2008, 02:34 PM

--------------------
"King V" enthusiast

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Mar 22 2008, 03:15 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hmm Andrew.. now thats a cool idea:) but I guess, they can write songs themselves.. And if they dont, I will gladly help them biggrin.gif I found out, that my mind is extremly quick at producing ideas biggrin.gif But if anybody wants, I can lead a songwriting collab.. just for fun.. it would surely be nice experience smile.gif The question is, if there will be enough people interested.. I'll start a thread on this..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Mar 22 2008, 03:29 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 22 2008, 08:51 AM) *
You forgot Matt sad.gif

matt just liked to fish......JK biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 22 2008, 04:30 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Goliath @ Mar 22 2008, 02:23 PM) *
MickeM I have absolutely no desire to get seniority aside from getting GMC for free

Useless! I never said that. You're plain nasty. I stopped reading right there.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Mar 22 2008, 06:05 PM
Would have thought some people on this forum would have been mature enough to know when to drop it..

Who cares..

I made brownies!!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post

15 Pages V  « < 11 12 13 14 15 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:46 PM