2 Pages V   1 2 >  
These People Give Gamers A Bad Name
The Uncreator
Feb 16 2008, 05:00 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This is why most people think gamers are lazy and dont care about anything, i guess they have never heard of Moderation.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/videogames.yahoo.com...arcraft/1186366

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 16 2008, 05:10 AM
GMC:er
Thats exactly why i hate WOW.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Vinicitur
Feb 16 2008, 05:19 AM
I've actually lost contact with a friend because of MMORPGs. He was pretty ok when he played EverQuest and Dark age of Camelot. It's when he started playing WOW that things got out of hand. It's been about a year since I last heard from him.

This is like alcohol there are some people who can drink reasonably and some that should never touch the stuff.

--------------------
IPB Image

There are 2 types of people in the world: consumers and creators. Which one are you?

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 16 2008, 05:19 AM
Learning Rock Star
I played WoW for a month and got bored. How do people find it addicting? huh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 16 2008, 05:22 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I dont have a problem with WOW itself, I know people that LOVE that game but they know how to manage there time so they see the outside world, these people need rehab seriously

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Feb 16 2008, 05:23 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Feb 15 2008, 11:19 PM) *
I played WoW for a month and got bored. How do people find it addicting? huh.gif laugh.gif

heh, me too. i thought, whats the big deal here?

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Feb 16 2008, 05:23 AM
Learning Rock Star
Yeah, I too know people that are addicted. One of them started playing guitar though and is playing WoW less and less now though smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Feb 16 2008, 05:59 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 15 2008, 10:00 PM) *
This is why most people think gamers are lazy and dont care about anything, i guess they have never heard of Moderation.

Thats so sad, i hate WoW mad.gif mad.gif

QUOTE (Vinicitur @ Feb 15 2008, 10:19 PM) *
I've actually lost contact with a friend because of MMORPGs. He was pretty ok when he played EverQuest and Dark age of Camelot. It's when he started playing WOW that things got out of hand. It's been about a year since I last heard from him.

This is like alcohol there are some people who can drink reasonably and some that should never touch the stuff.

Agreed

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Feb 16 2008, 06:19 AM
When I was 13 I started playing Runescape and was an instant addict for about 8 months before switching over to WoW and playing it for about 1.5 years. While I played, I pretty much lost 3 of the most important years of my life that I will never get back and lost a bunch of friends as well. By the time I quit earlier this year, I realized that I had really gained nothing and lost so much. Don't make the same mistake.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 16 2008, 06:30 AM
Wow, that's pretty pathetic...I can't believe someone could get so addicted to a game blink.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
kahall
Feb 16 2008, 06:45 AM
Learning Roadie
If you take out any mention of "WOW" and replace it with "Playing The Guitar"...well I could understand a little better. I lost contact with a friend due to Evercrack.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 16 2008, 10:00 AM
Lets go fishing!
Hey that game looks pretty good - which is why i wont even start trying to play it wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Feb 16 2008, 10:52 AM
I played wow for like 12+ hours each day for a year or something, not because I was addicted, but because it was fun. Then, when I got bored with it, I just stopped playing. I think there might be some other reasons that they only play a game and not do anything else than addiction, it can work as somewhere to hide from "real" life, etc. I mean, you don't end up getting addicted to a game if everything else in your life is super, remember that.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Feb 16 2008, 01:42 PM
Moderation Policy Director
There's a thread on a WOW forum somewhere saying "Yeah, these guitarists are addicted ... problem is you can never finish learning guitar it takes forever, its like a drug. I had a WOW buddy, we used to play together a lot. Since he got his guitar a year ago, I never heard from him"

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 16 2008, 01:46 PM
Lets go fishing!
I was addicted to the game "Americas Army" - no doubt about that in my mind. I would spend my entire life on there. I havent played any games since I started with guitar, im most likely addicted to that now... still its alot cooler to be addicted to a musical instrament than any computer game smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 16 2008, 02:00 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I don't know , WOW never seemed interesting for me to try it..I have some friends that play it non stop and I think its not normal..All the things they could do with that time smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Owen
Feb 16 2008, 02:04 PM
I think theres a major difference between guitar and WOW, I mean, when you play guitar your always trying to get out there so other people can appreciate your music, theres no real appreciation or proper interaction from a game. Thats what is lost, that and the creative output you get from playing guitar smile.gif

In terms of people playing it 12+ hours a day, I mean, get real, what a waste, I played it for an hour and got bored (same with Guild Wars) , it was tedious, just number counting, point and click, meaningless, even the actual game didnt require a lot of thought. I dont understand how people could like it. unsure.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
at lights end
Feb 16 2008, 02:10 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 16 2008, 04:00 AM) *

sad.gif i feel so sorry for her...

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 16 2008, 02:32 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Thats really quite bad- i have 2 brothers that are both hooked, lucky the gamer gene missed me biggrin.gif

my older brother was lucky enough to find a girlfriend that really likes the game too, but i hope this doesnt happen to them...

Wasnt really impressed with the game- wasnt boring as such but just didnt really do it for me, tried it for 15 minutes and went to play guitar instead biggrin.gif

Thats so sad that it can affect people's lives like that though...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 16 2008, 03:31 PM
Instructor
I've heard many stories about game addiction, and I think it is a very serious problem. I've spent a tone of time on games, and could practice a lot more and be a better player today but.... wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:50 AM