Hello Everyone
Chris Evans
Oct 25 2007, 10:11 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Hi there,

I`ve been a member of GMC now for a few weeks and sitting here at work bored as hell thought I`d introduce myself.

My names Chris and I`m from Sittingbourne, Kent in the UK, I`m 37 years old married for 2 years now and have a beautiful 1 year old daughter called Stephanie.

I started off playing the drums at age 12 and played for just over 3 years when my parents moved to a neighbourhood that didnt appreciate my drum practice sessions in the garage mad.gif laugh.gif after many complaints I gave up and picked up the guitar! now some 20 years on I`m still playing, I`ve never considered myself neither a poor player and certainly not a great player, I fortunatly have always picked up things fairly quickly and much to my wifes disapproval can sit for hours upon hours playing the same piece over and over and over again.

I`m mainly into Heavy rock, Judas priest, Maiden, Ozzy etc but really anything, if I like it I like it smile.gif

I have four guitars, an Ibanez ergodyne (several years old now), a Jackson Pile of bones (unfortunatly not the USA model), a Fender Strat (Mexican) Buddy guy sig model (seems to be my weapon of choice at the moment) changed the bridge pickup for a hotrails humbucker, and an OLP MM1 (cheap as chips but plays fantastic!)

I only use stomp boxes for effects, I`ve tried various modelling gear and just not got on with it, I like to keep things nice n simple, a lot less to go wrong IMO, 4 stomp boxes, Behringer UM300, Behringer Chorus, Behringer Multi FX and a Boss EQ.

I use a Crate 150watt Power block head and run it through a Behringer 4x12" cab.

For recording I use a Boss BR8 digital 8 track, bit old now but does what I need.

Currently in a band and play a mixture of covers and originals, some I`ll post at some point.

I`ve joined GMC to improve and learn new techniques and skills, I have a strong desire and passion for playing and am enjoying the 2 or 3 lessons that I`m working on at the moment, the Muris lessons are a great challenge! smile.gif

Sorry for going on, I did say I was bored

all the best and good luck everyone

Chris rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
botoxfox
Oct 25 2007, 10:19 PM
GMC:er
Welcome smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gen
Oct 25 2007, 10:22 PM
Welcome ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 25 2007, 10:23 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Welcome! I'm fond of british heavy metal too cool.gif

+Quote Post
Fabian Schulz
Oct 25 2007, 10:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris,

nice to get to know you smile.gif

Enjoy you stay smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Ibanez RG 2550, Squier Showmaster Jimmy Shine Signature

Amps: Marshall G30R CD Combo, Marshall MG100HDFX Halfstack

Pedals: Digitech DF-7, Boss RC-2, Dunlop Cry Baby

Wishlist: Brunetti XL R-Evo II or Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Fabian Schulz Signaturemodel by Ibanez :D

Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Oct 26 2007, 06:53 AM
Instructor
Welcome !!! have a good time wink.gif

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 26 2007, 07:49 AM
Instructor
Hey!!

We spoke before but anyhow,welcome!!! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Oct 26 2007, 07:55 AM
Welcome. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 26 2007, 08:00 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Welcome to GMC!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Oct 26 2007, 08:26 PM
Lets go fishing!
Welcome fellow Brit ! biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 26 2007, 08:29 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Oct 26 2007, 08:26 PM) *
Welcome fellow Brit ! biggrin.gif

heheh thanks mattacuk cool.gif

and thanks everyone biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kosei Kubota
Oct 28 2007, 12:51 AM
Classical Instructor
Hi, Chris. Welcome to GMC.
I have a dqughter, too. Playing the guitar with my daughter is my dream!

+Quote Post
Pavel
Oct 28 2007, 02:07 AM
Instructor
Welcome man! Enjoy your staying! smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 28 2007, 06:54 AM
QUOTE (Kosei Kubota @ Oct 28 2007, 12:51 AM) *
Hi, Chris. Welcome to GMC.
I have a dqughter, too. Playing the guitar with my daughter is my dream!

arr gr8! I`m hoping she wants to do something musical later on. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ActiveX
Oct 28 2007, 07:35 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Oct 27 2007, 10:54 PM) *
arr gr8! I`m hoping she wants to do something musical later on. smile.gif

Welcome! I have a daughter who just turned 3.
No singing purple dinosaurs for her...she likes Kiss and Motley Crue!
- I have high hopes for her biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Oct 28 2007, 08:01 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Hi Chris,
we've spoken already but welcome again!

Lovely photo of your little girl btw.

Have fun,
Cheers,
Tony

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 29 2007, 03:58 AM
QUOTE (ActiveX @ Oct 28 2007, 06:35 AM) *
Welcome! I have a daughter who just turned 3.
No singing purple dinosaurs for her...she likes Kiss and Motley Crue!
- I have high hopes for her biggrin.gif

M8!! if I have to sit through another episode of the Backyardigans I`ll go mad blink.gif

shes fascinated when I`m playing so hopefully later on!

I`ve had to buy a real cheap guitar (that I dont play) just sits on a stand for her to bash and pull about!, I`ve cried too many tears the amount of times I`ve seen my Jackson and fender go crashing to the ground sad.gif

thanks Tony, its a good job she takes after her father in the looks department .... w8 till I get me hands on him! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
maes
Oct 29 2007, 05:33 AM
welcome ph34r.gif

--------------------
If you like it, play it.
If you can play it, enjoy it.

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Sep 24 2009, 09:20 AM
well, thought I`d revive my original intro thread (I pinched the idea from Mr Cockburn)

Its 2 years since I joined GMC

ohmy.gif where has the time gone???

so I`m still here, made some great friends along the way and somehow I dont think I`ll ever be leaving GMC!! wub.gif

So thank you Kris for putting together such a fantastic site, and making me part of some of the infrastructure, 2 years ago I never thought I would be able to contribute to what was already a fantastic site!

thanks to everyone for putting up with me for the last two years (especially Andrew putting up with me on skype smile.gif ) biggrin.gif

heres to many more smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Sep 24 2009, 10:56 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Welcome to GMC mate biggrin.gif

...Oh, you've been here for two years!?
I haven't noticed unsure.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:02 AM