4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Satch/coldplay Pt. 4, Coldplay speaks.
MickeM
Dec 13 2008, 06:34 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Latest news is that they folded and Joe S. has demanded they change their name from Coldplay to either Copyplay or Copypaste which Satriani will also settle for. TOUGH ruling!!! ..at least this is what I've heard, the voices in my head told me wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 13 2008, 07:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Dec 13 2008, 12:19 PM) *
This adds a bit of a twist to the whole thing.

LOL! Tiny weenie string bikini! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 13 2008, 07:17 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (opeth.db @ Dec 13 2008, 01:14 PM) *
LOL! Tiny weenie string bikini! biggrin.gif

i l o led

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
jdriver
Dec 13 2008, 07:26 PM
It doesn't matter if they ever heard the song or not.

If you accidentally invent something that already exists and is patented, you do not get to profit from your invention.

As far as for how similar the songs are, does anyone remember "My Sweet Lord" by the little known artist George Harrison. He was the one accused of doing the copying, and he lost.

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Roko
Dec 13 2008, 07:26 PM
I live in San Francisco as a teenager, and as a result, I know Satch's son ZZ very well as well as Satch himself on a few occasions. Joe has various moments like this where he comes across as really picky and aggravating, but let me tell you, he is a very kind man, he just lets some things get in the way of himself sometimes: an example is this: he sends his son to the same music school I go to (Blue Bear SF, Check it out) but although he is the most well known client of the school, he refuses to donate or perform at any of the school's events because the school's music reading lessons are optional. Now, he gets a bad rap for this and other things, but honestly, I think it's that he cares very passionately about his craft, and is understandably aggravated when somebody rips him off and refuses to give him credit.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:32 AM