Guitar Height / Small Hands
PosterBoy
Jul 13 2021, 10:57 AM
Learning Roadie
I was listening to the Everyone Loves Guitar podcast at the weekend and specifically the Martin Miller episode. He mentions that he has small hands, saying even his girlfriend has bigger hands than him.

As someone who also doesn't have the biggest of hands or long fingers I checked his youtube videos a little closer to see if I could pick up any handy tips.

The most obvious one is how high he wears his guitar when standing up,

It does look like I may have to forego the looking cool height for the sounding cool height!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 13 2021, 10:21 PM
Learning Rock Star
I wear my guitar higher than most people you'll see. Average hands though, I suppose. I just prefer the ease of access and playing that way. It doesn't even rest on my legs when I sit down while using the strap.

Tom Morello style, or Petrucci 1986:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 16 2021, 04:08 AM
GMC:er
Ideally, your guitar should hit you in the same spot sitting and standing. this is a mistake many players make that when they stand the guitar hangs much lower than where they have it in the seated position and they have to learn to play everything twice. Once for sitting once for standing.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 13 2021, 05:57 AM) *
I was listening to the Everyone Loves Guitar podcast at the weekend and specifically the Martin Miller episode. He mentions that he has small hands, saying even his girlfriend has bigger hands than him.

As someone who also doesn't have the biggest of hands or long fingers I checked his youtube videos a little closer to see if I could pick up any handy tips.

The most obvious one is how high he wears his guitar when standing up,

It does look like I may have to forego the looking cool height for the sounding cool height!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:07 PM