How Do You Learn To Play Fluently?
ChocolateThunda
May 6 2014, 02:24 PM
GMC:er
Hi all,

I am new here as of today! I heard a lot of good things about your website, and I've decided to come along for the ride and see if you guys can help me develop my playing!

I'm a 21 year old guy from Edinburgh in Scotland, been playing guitar now for about 6 months, and in that time I've learned the basics, and I now feel like I'm ready to start getting into the nitty-gritty rigmarole that is learning the geetar!

So, I've had a wee look around the website already, but I've been unable to find a good topic on my question up the top (If I'm doing it wrong and there already are loads of threads, feel free to shout at me and point me in the right direction tongue.gif)..

My friend suggest I learn the ''modes'', so I took his advice, and learned all the modes. I understand the concept that each mode is just a different degree of the major scale, but when I play with a backing track in the key G, I can play through all the modes individually, but when it comes to actually MOVING up and down the fretboard independently, I struggle and lose my place and.. I suppose I can't SEE the notes that I should be playing. Is there a way to learn how to play more fluently? I mean, if this is only in the key of G, there are 11 other keys that I'd need to learn as well!

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, and tips, hints, links, advice would be greatly appreciated, and I look forward to learning a lot more thanks to you guys!!

Cheers,
D

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:54 PM