R.s. Top 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time!, If you thought that that top 100 guitarists thread was funny, you'
Suib
May 15 2007, 02:15 AM
GMC:er
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/110...ngs_of_all_time

BOB DYLAN?!?!?!?!?!?!

Wow...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Suib: May 15 2007, 02:16 AM

--------------------
"THAT ONE GUITAR!!!" - Foriegner
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 15 2007, 03:05 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Rolling Stone has the worst polls / lists of greatest things ever.

They just suck, Bob Dylan is cool, but hell no he shouldnt be at number 1.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
May 15 2007, 08:04 AM
How sad.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
jete124
May 15 2007, 08:21 AM
Alright now I'm 100% positive they make these lists just to piss people off and generate conversation about their product. I'm sorry, I love a lot of those bands and songs, but this list looks like they just starting naming the first 500 songs that came to mind and simply put them down in that order.

+Quote Post
Robin
May 15 2007, 08:46 AM
I hate those crappy lists, they suck. There was of course many good songs, but still, jesus.

+Quote Post
MickeM
May 15 2007, 12:17 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
laugh.gif It looks as if the list was made some time during the late 70's or early 80's but some retro guy with an Elvis hairdo still stuck in the 60's.

This could be a list of the first 500 songs ever recorded on vinyl, LP.

+Quote Post
Suib
May 15 2007, 12:28 PM
too funny

--------------------
"THAT ONE GUITAR!!!" - Foriegner

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
May 15 2007, 09:31 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Its so lame!

Every one knows the greatest song ever is Powerslave by iron maiden.... ive got math to prove it!

Iron + Maiden + Power + Slave = Greatest Song Ever.

You just cant deny the facts biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
JCJXXL
May 17 2007, 03:28 AM
OK come clean, who's grandpa is responsible for this list?

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
May 17 2007, 04:12 AM
You'll find that a massive number of musicians from many genre hail Bob Dylan as the best song writer ever. I certainly don't argue the fact. Whether it is Hendrix doing <i>All along the Watch Tower</i> or Guns and Roses <i>knocking on Heaven's door</i> nearly 4000 different artists have put Dylan covers on their albums. When I think about great songs, I'd have to say that songs still being recorded and released by younger generations 40 years after their release is exactly what a great song is.

+Quote Post
fkalich
May 17 2007, 05:04 AM
OK come clean, who's grandpa is responsible for this list?

hey I know grandpas younger than me, and I think that list is as bad as anyone else does. but I expect no better from the mass media. rolling stone was once a quality mag. those times are long gone, same with pretty much all media publications. generally a finite sensible number of views of things, and a nearly infinite number of stupid views of things. no point in letting the stupid views bother you, they will never run out of more to throw at you.

This post has been edited by fkalich: May 17 2007, 05:05 AM

+Quote Post
sillyman
May 18 2007, 06:52 PM
what i find hilarious is that the top two on the list have rolling stone in them and the magazine just happens to be rolling stone

--------------------
Ibanez sa260 (hell ya)
Ibanez 10 watt amp (hell no)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:05 PM