I'll Go To See Steven Wilson Tonight
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2013, 07:31 PM
Instructor
Hey guys! I got tickets for Steven Wilson who will be playing tonight at Vorterix, one of the cooler places to see bands and to play here, and now that I moved, it's just 1 block from my new home. smile.gif

I'm very anxious to see his show, have you ever seen him live? what can I expect?

mmm I was reading some reviews... and it seems that the guitar player today will be Guthrie Govan!!!! Is this REAL??? ohmy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 18 2013, 08:02 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 18 2013, 07:31 PM) *
Hey guys! I got tickets for Steven Wilson who will be playing tonight at Vorterix, one of the cooler places to see bands and to play here, and now that I moved, it's just 1 block from my new home. smile.gif

I'm very anxious to see his show, have you ever seen him live? what can I expect?

mmm I was reading some reviews... and it seems that the guitar player today will be Guthrie Govan!!!! Is this REAL??? ohmy.gif

hehe lucky you biggrin.gif hope you have a nice gig.

Yeh both Guthrie and Marco Minnemann were with Steven tongue.gif (not sure how live setup works though)

here:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 18 2013, 08:05 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2013, 08:05 PM
Instructor
yeahh, this is confirmed! I'm gonna see Guthrie Govan live today!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
BTrian
May 18 2013, 08:06 PM
Learning Roadie
yep Govan is currently playing guitar there (also on the latest studio release)

I saw him twice with Porcupine Tree and am also planning to get to one of his solo tour concerts when he comes to Germany in November.

playing and sound were always great on the PT concerts, guess his solo work is no difference smile.gif

I really did regret not hitting his last tour when I saw this video popping up on youtube after

not sure what else to tell to expect from the concert hm...
He is always playing barefoot so he has someone vacuuming the stage before they start, it's always quite funny when all the ppl. cheer for that guy biggrin.gif

have fun on the show and give some short report after tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2013, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (BTrian @ May 18 2013, 04:06 PM) *
yep Govan is currently playing guitar there (also on the latest studio release)

I saw him twice with Porcupine Tree and am also planning to get to one of his solo tour concerts when he comes to Germany in November.

playing and sound were always great on the PT concerts, guess his solo work is no difference smile.gif

I really did regret not hitting his last tour when I saw this video popping up on youtube after

not sure what else to tell to expect from the concert hm...
He is always playing barefoot so he has someone vacuuming the stage before they start, it's always quite funny when all the ppl. cheer for that guy biggrin.gif

have fun on the show and give some short report after tongue.gif

Exciting stuff!! Can't wait to be there. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2013, 07:58 PM
Instructor
This one has been one of the best concerts that I have ever seen. It was pure magic. Each musician is killer and the overall band sounds amazing. It's really cool how they can be technical, precise but also sound relaxed, natural and as a jam band for some moments. This feeling gives it a very special touch. The can go from Progressive, to rock, to Jazz, to Extreme Metal in a very smooth way.

and seeing Guthrie Shredding his guitar has been so cool. He is the master. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 19 2013, 08:18 PM
GMC:er
So Jealous biggrin.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2013, 08:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 19 2013, 04:18 PM) *
So Jealous biggrin.gif

haha yeah, I would also be jealous. biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
BTrian
May 19 2013, 10:12 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 19 2013, 07:58 PM) *
This one has been one of the best concerts that I have ever seen. It was pure magic. Each musician is killer and the overall band sounds amazing. It's really cool how they can be technical, precise but also sound relaxed, natural and as a jam band for some moments. This feeling gives it a very special touch. The can go from Progressive, to rock, to Jazz, to Extreme Metal in a very smooth way.

and seeing Guthrie Shredding his guitar has been so cool. He is the master. smile.gif

sounds awesome,
still got half a year to wait smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 19 2013, 11:24 PM
Instructor
I enjoyed this song a lot:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2013, 01:57 PM
Instructor
Awesome mate! I remember how impressed I was seeing Guthrie perform live. But in this context, it must've been much, much more interesting than a clinic! Congrats on your experience biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 20 2013, 02:24 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2013, 09:57 AM) *
Awesome mate! I remember how impressed I was seeing Guthrie perform live. But in this context, it must've been much, much more interesting than a clinic! Congrats on your experience biggrin.gif

yeah. You know, this project is very related to Pink Floyd, the overall texture is done with many layers of instruments and voices so it's difficult to follow exactly what is doing each musician but every time Guthrie played a solo I was like... ohmy.gif smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:45 AM