Combo Amp - Acoustic And Electric
Rolls
Oct 27 2008, 05:45 PM
GMC:er
Hey All,

Does anyone know if there are amps that are good for both acoustic and electric guitar? If so, any suggestions on a model?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 27 2008, 11:08 PM
Instructor
I haven't heard of any amp like that, mostly it's just either electric or acoustic amps. for acoustic guitar it is best to use the DI box and PA system I guess, because you will need a sort of a hi-fi treatment for acoustic guitar, different speaker etc. But you can use acoustic on regular amp as well, just it will sound a bit boxy and poor comparing to full range speaker set. If you are planning this amp for gigging, it would be best to get an regular amp, and DI box, and play like that IMO.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 27 2008, 11:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well you can play acoustic on normal electric guitar amp and get pretty decent results..But I don't think it functions vise versa...So I would suggest getting an electric guitar combo amp...What is your budget and what styles do you play ? What do you want from amp (good clean , hi gain ? ) ... ? smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Boson
Oct 28 2008, 10:39 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I have just bought an Ovation LX and would be interested to know if anyone has any recommendations for an acoustic amp to go with it

So far I'm very happy with the guitar.

--------------------
"Better to live one day as a tiger than a thousand years as a sheep"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 28 2008, 10:42 AM
The Fender Acoustasonic Series is incredible if you can pay mid range for an amp. For low range Marshall Acoustic amps are alright for most people and if you have lots of cash get a Fishman Acoustic amp smile.gif

I'd get a Fender Acoustasonic Junior DSP smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 28 2008, 10:43 AM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 28 2008, 10:51 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Rolls @ Oct 27 2008, 05:45 PM) *
Hey All,

Does anyone know if there are amps that are good for both acoustic and electric guitar? If so, any suggestions on a model?

Check this out a bit further, the PA system from Bose
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_...p;src=musicians

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 28 2008, 10:53 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 28 2008, 09:51 AM) *
Check this out a bit further, the PA system from Bose
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_...p;src=musicians

haha biggrin.gif That looks like the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. What's with the huge pole? I'd want to tie some rope to the top with a ball on the other end and play that old summer garden game of hitting it back and forth with someone biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 28 2008, 11:02 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 28 2008, 10:53 AM) *
haha biggrin.gif That looks like the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. What's with the huge pole? I'd want to tie some rope to the top with a ball on the other end and play that old summer garden game of hitting it back and forth with someone biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif There you go, well worth the money. Also you could make a dance around the pole, like an indian or a more teasing act if you prefer laugh.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 28 2008, 11:05 AM
Maypole Dancing biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 28 2008, 11:16 AM
Instructor
Yes Fender Acoustasonic seems like a pretty good way to go. You can also by a PA system instead of acoustic amp, you won't make a mistake.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Rolls
Oct 28 2008, 08:03 PM
Awesome, thanks for the replies guys. I think you are correct in saying two separate devices will work/sound best.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:55 AM