Tone Control
shammy
Oct 30 2008, 08:54 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

Have any of you guys ever cut the wire leading to your tone control. Espcially on a strat I'm interested to hear the results. I have a godin I tried it on and got a significant volume boost. I Noticed I don't really ever touch my tone knobs and thought what the hell, it's cutting some sound by going through tone pot so give it a shot. I just haven't done my strat yet, was looking to see if anyone has worthwhile results.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 30 2008, 09:17 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
"The potentiometers are just the gateway to all kinds of fun experiments with a guitar. People modify their pots with nail polish, cut them right out of the circuit, wire them together in different way… Any interesting configuration that works, you can bet people have tried, all in the search for that holy grail of tone. People look for vintage bumblebee capacitors to go with their 500k pots, and buy pickups that they can coil tap with their push-pulls. You can get caught up in all the racket very easily, trying to find the perfect electrical components to brighten up your sound, or mellow it out. Let the music flow from your fingers, and I know you’ll be impressed, no matter what’s in your axe."

I found this quote to be pretty interesting on the subject.. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 31 2008, 02:13 AM
Instructor
My strat has Delta Tone circuit, which means a middle/bridge tone control is out of the circuit when on 10. It kinda clicks in there and the whole pot is removed from the circuit, thus allowing the signal to go unchanged and boosting up transients and overall sound a bit.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 31 2008, 06:59 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (skennington @ Oct 30 2008, 09:17 PM) *
"The potentiometers are just the gateway to all kinds of fun experiments with a guitar. People modify their pots with nail polish, cut them right out of the circuit, wire them together in different way… Any interesting configuration that works, you can bet people have tried, all in the search for that holy grail of tone. People look for vintage bumblebee capacitors to go with their 500k pots, and buy pickups that they can coil tap with their push-pulls. You can get caught up in all the racket very easily, trying to find the perfect electrical components to brighten up your sound, or mellow it out. Let the music flow from your fingers, and I know you’ll be impressed, no matter what’s in your axe."

I found this quote to be pretty interesting on the subject.. smile.gif

Nice quote Andrew, I can agree with that smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 10:38 PM