6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Got A Question? Get A Video Response!, Sometimes reading just isn't enough...
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 5 2014, 02:30 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I totally recommend you to read a bit about the major scale and its modes, as well as about the harmonic minor scale and its modes in the threads below, as it will help you understand the concepts behind the lesson very well - check the video out and follow the links below:

(It will take a few minutes to upload wink.gif)

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=48825
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=50246

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Barthandelus
Jan 5 2014, 06:04 PM
GMC:er
Makes sense on how you came up with the track. Some really interesting stuff going on there.

Thanks SO much for taking time in helping me out - i know what i need to work on next now: how the modes are structured and related and how to apply them.

Can't wait to get going again! Iv been glancing around the forums and found some lessons on breaking out of scale boxes - another big thing for me.

Anyway, time to warm up those tubes and get practicing!

Thanks again man!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 6 2014, 09:14 AM
Instructor
Nothing to it bro smile.gif I am very fond of using the relationships between chords and notes, so it was fun for me as well biggrin.gif let me know how it's going and why not - make a recording of the lesson if you wish and either send it to me in a PM or post it in the Practice room or, why not in the REC zone smile.gif

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 8 2014, 05:10 PM
Hey Cosmin, i've got this clean part that I wrote for a song, but I don't think its possible to play the way I had it in mind. Could you take a look? I guess in some parts it isn't possible to sustain the bass note.

I normally just use a midi acoustic for my clean parts, since I write them in guitar pro and it normally sounds better than me trying. laugh.gif

https://soundcloud.com/socky42/8dio-steel-guitar-plugin
2nd part of the guitar pro file, I can play the first 8 bars easily. The other chord changes just seem too fast for me to sustain and still get in position for the next chord.

If it doesnt change on its own, bar 26 onwards is 155BPM

This post has been edited by Socky42: Jan 8 2014, 05:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 8 2014, 11:31 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif I placed my ideas in this little movie here - please let me know what you think and maybe I will be able to help out more smile.gif

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 9 2014, 12:46 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 8 2014, 10:31 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif I placed my ideas in this little movie here - please let me know what you think and maybe I will be able to help out more smile.gif

Thanks man, I think I will just take it slow if you can't see anything thats impossible to play. laugh.gif

Fingerpicking has never been my strong point, might as well start working on it now.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 9 2014, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jan 8 2014, 11:46 PM) *
Thanks man, I think I will just take it slow if you can't see anything thats impossible to play. laugh.gif

Fingerpicking has never been my strong point, might as well start working on it now.

Hey matey! Nothing to it -> Precisely - some of the things that you have written in there can't be played without fingerpicking or hybrid picking smile.gif I for one use hybrid picking a lot because I tend to write stuff which cannot be played with just normal picking, simply because of the reason you mentioned: some notes need to be played simultaneously.

I am very curious to see this piece played so please, keep me updated smile.gif Maybe you would also like to work on developing your fingerpicking/ hybrid picking together? Let me know smile.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 9 2014, 08:15 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2014, 09:26 AM
Instructor
Anybody has one? smile.gif

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 17 2014, 09:33 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Yes biggrin.gif

In Gabriels latest Lesson (bfmv style) I'm wondering how to achieve this tight and fast downstroke picking (like in the first seconds of the video). I can play it at 140bpm, but when speeding up it gets sloppy - just because changing from picking palm muted to unmuted (where I'm slightly releasing my palm) just takes "too long".. what's the trick?

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 17 2014, 10:20 AM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Lemme analyze things a bit, although I think I already know what the answer is smile.gif Stay tuned wink.gif

Here we go wink.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jan 17 2014, 07:28 PM

+Quote Post
mad
Jan 22 2014, 08:09 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Thanks mate! Didn't saw this, because I didn't get notified as usual by email ?!
But finally that's what I'm doing - I was able to increase speed for the intro-riff by 20bpm smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 17 2014, 10:20 AM) *
Hey mate smile.gif Lemme analyze things a bit, although I think I already know what the answer is smile.gif Stay tuned wink.gif

Here we go wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 23 2014, 08:51 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (mad @ Jan 22 2014, 07:09 PM) *
Thanks mate! Didn't saw this, because I didn't get notified as usual by email ?!
But finally that's what I'm doing - I was able to increase speed for the intro-riff by 20bpm smile.gif

Well, it's good you got to see the vid and even better that you incorporated the technique with success! Good going matey! When can we expect a REC take then? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Feb 3 2014, 03:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Cosmin could you do a quick vid on Rhythmic delay Even when I have a dotted 8th note setting which I presume a lot of Rhythmic delay stuff uses, I struggle to get the effect I'm looking for, I think it might be down to over playing and not enough repeats, but settings and playing examples would really help

The sort of thing that's on this at 6 mins

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 3 2014, 09:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Feb 3 2014, 02:09 PM) *
Cosmin could you do a quick vid on Rhythmic delay Even when I have a dotted 8th note setting which I presume a lot of Rhythmic delay stuff uses, I struggle to get the effect I'm looking for, I think it might be down to over playing and not enough repeats, but settings and playing examples would really help

The sort of thing that's on this at 6 mins

hey mate smile.gif I'm on it - let's see what I can come up with wink.gif Here we go:

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Feb 4 2014, 10:59 AM

+Quote Post
ivanaquino
Mar 6 2014, 02:13 AM
Hello Cosmin, great idea.
I feel important by having my question answered in a video tongue.gif .

So, my question is:
There is an effective way to get better at horizontal soloing?
I fell like im really used to play fast scales vertically, but it's a bit tricky to play it horizontaly.
Any tips other than practicing with a metronome?

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 6 2014, 06:01 PM
Instructor
Hey mate smile.gif Here are my thoughts - hope it sparks some ideas for ya:

+Quote Post
ivanaquino
Mar 6 2014, 10:58 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 6 2014, 05:01 PM) *
Hey mate smile.gif Here are my thoughts - hope it sparks some ideas for ya:

Thank you man, ill try that one string aproach on my studies.
Maybe this will help my solos to sound a bit different and get another aproach, instead of up and down scales as i do sometimes.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 7 2014, 05:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ivanaquino @ Mar 6 2014, 09:58 PM) *
Thank you man, ill try that one string aproach on my studies.
Maybe this will help my solos to sound a bit different and get another aproach, instead of up and down scales as i do sometimes.

Knowing the notes of the scale you are using and then understanding their effect when being played over various chords is usually the recipe for success - let me know how it goes mate wink.gif

+Quote Post
X14Halo
Apr 15 2014, 06:01 AM
Hi Cosmin, I have 2 questions for you!

1) Being a beginner guitarist (4 years or so), my goal is to be able to improvise rhythm and solos. I know a few moveable chord shapes, but I can never figure out which chords go well together. I end up just playing 3 power chords or something boring over and over. (2 styles I like to play are jazzy/fusion, and metal) How do I go about making something good sounding with all these major and minor chords I know up and down the neck? Is there a formula on how to combine them, or something I can practice to be able to improvise interesting sounding rhythm parts on the fly using chords?

2) When it comes to soloing, I am familiar with the pentatonic scale positions and how the modes are formed from them. My problem is, I am only comfortable playing in one or 2 of the positions, and I get stuck just going up and down the same pentatonic positions which leads to all my solos sounding the same. What can I practice (in a fun way) to break out of this, and to be able to improvise different sounding melodies and solos using my knowledge of the major/minor pentatonic scale?

I know that these questions are a little broad and you could probably go on forever about them, but I have hit a wall with my playing and hopefully you can shed some light to get me moving on the right track again! Thanks!

- Ian

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 15 2014, 08:04 PM
Instructor
Hey man smile.gif coming up with a vid for your questions in a short while wink.gif Stay tuned smile.gif

The link to my practice schedule program: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

All the best and write me as soon as you want to smile.gif

Cosmin

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Apr 15 2014, 10:08 PM

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:07 AM