How Do I Use Pod Farm Within Reaper?
purple hayes
Dec 11 2009, 05:05 PM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
I think what I'd like to be able to do is record the 'dry' guitar signal and then later choose what effect/cab/whatnot to use.

I bought a POD Studio GX and hooked it up to my computer and I installed POD Farm as well it seems to work, but I can't figure out how to incorporate it into Reaper.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 11 2009, 08:28 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well first you need to use Line 6 Monkey that should have installed along with POD Farm to purchase the VST. It doesn't come with the pack unfortunately. I believe it is around $49.00 US.

Once you have that you just open up POD Farm like normal and load your favorite tone. Click on the MIX button on the left. You will them see 2 mixing sliders with drop down boxes at the top. Click on the drop down box and you'll see and option for DIRECT so select that for both sliders. Open up Reaper>add a track and record as normal. The signal recorded is dry even though you hear your guitar tone from POD Farm.

Once that is done then you click on the FX button of your track in Reaperand add the POD Farm VST. Create what ever tone you want and make sure to save the FX chain so you can use it later with other things you record.

Hope that helps

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
JVM
Dec 11 2009, 10:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Pod farm is a really nice thing to have in the daw, I find it much much better than gearbox. I like very much that you can record and choose your tone later, effects, etc as you said. It puts the focus back on getting the right take, then editing your tone. Also, the ability to run two signal chains through two different amps is great as well.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2009, 01:31 AM
Instructor
Purple, POD GX sends the signal into POD Farm. There signal is being processed, and splitted. There is a mixer in POD Farm, try to locate it. MIxer has options for sending dry and wet (processed) signal into Reaper. POD Farm sends these signals via ASIO POD GX driver into Reaper. In Reaper, when choosing inputs for recording, choose one of the sends. Channels that are being sent from POD Farm carry names: SEND 1, SEND 2 etc..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 15 2009, 01:51 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Dec 11 2009, 02:28 PM) *
Well first you need to use Line 6 Monkey that should have installed along with POD Farm to purchase the VST. It doesn't come with the pack unfortunately. I believe it is around $49.00 US.

Is there any way to use the VST in Reaper with a POD X3 Live? I've got one of those, too.

--------------------
My guitar bits on YouTube: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/duathlon70</a>

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 15 2009, 02:13 AM
Instructor
Yes. Open the plugin in Reaper, use it as an insert on a guitar track, and record dry signal from POD X3.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 15 2009, 02:32 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (purple hayes @ Dec 14 2009, 07:51 PM) *
Is there any way to use the VST in Reaper with a POD X3 Live? I've got one of those, too.

I'm not really sure about the X3 Live mate. I use a UX1. X3 Live, correct me if I'm wrong is a self contained unit and doesn't need software on a PC to produce the modeling (like gearbox or POD Farm). However if you can set it to bypass mode or direct in the setting of that unit then you should be good to go! Look for the bypass option!

I'm sure their is someone here that records with one that can confirm this. Help the guy out! smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Dec 15 2009, 02:34 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
purple hayes
Dec 15 2009, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Dec 14 2009, 08:13 PM) *
Yes. Open the plugin in Reaper, use it as an insert on a guitar track, and record dry signal from POD X3.

How do I do that? That seems to be the piece of the puzzle I can't find.

--------------------

+Quote Post
edguy
Dec 15 2009, 11:13 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey maybe this thread helps ypu. I wasn't able to use POD Farm as a plugin and as a standalone Version.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=28517

You can open the plugin version in reaper with add new fx on track. Before you can do this you have to put the podfarm.dll in the right vst direction from reaper.

cheers Roman

This post has been edited by edguy: Dec 15 2009, 11:14 AM

--------------------
My gear:
Schecter Blackjack ATX FR
Ibanez SA 220 Fm
Line 6 POD HD (Desktop)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:08 PM