Wikiwriters Entry/regrade : Harmonics
kaznie_NL
May 27 2008, 03:05 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi guys, here's my page I wrote: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Harmonics
This page already existed, but was a very small page. I wanted to add a media file, but it didn't work sad.gif I have another thread on that in the wiki writers topic.

I used internet information, but wrote everything myself. I hope someone can help me adding the media (.ogg) file. This took me quit some time and I go for the 5+! As being a regrade (the old article was 2 points worth) I won't get much in total points, but it's the + I do it for biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking at it,

Kaz

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
May 27 2008, 03:26 PM
GMC:er
It's a good article but try and split the larger portions of text into different paragraphs. It just makes it easier for people to read. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 27 2008, 03:26 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ May 27 2008, 04:26 PM) *
It's a good article but try and split the larger portions of text into different paragraphs. It just makes it easier for people to read. smile.gif

Thanks for the advice, I will!

EDIT: I did some work on it, I tried to make it a bit more splitted, but it's hard to split the physics part! check it out if you want to see the diffrence. Thans for the comment again!

This post has been edited by kaznie_NL: May 27 2008, 03:36 PM

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
May 30 2008, 01:17 PM
Moderation Policy Director
Hi Kaz,

A great article, but the physics section isn't quite accurate - check out my lesson on harmonics for some more background. When you put your finger on a node, you aren't splitting the string, you are making a selection of a number of the naturally occuring harmonic series which is a little different.

For this reason I'll give it a 4 for now, it could be a 5 if you fix that, an a 5+ with just a little more work!

The good news is that I think this is enough of a rewrite to justify you getting all 4 of those points smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
May 30 2008, 04:08 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ May 30 2008, 02:17 PM) *
Hi Kaz,

A great article, but the physics section isn't quite accurate - check out my lesson on harmonics for some more background. When you put your finger on a node, you aren't splitting the string, you are making a selection of a number of the naturally occuring harmonic series which is a little different.

For this reason I'll give it a 4 for now, it could be a 5 if you fix that, an a 5+ with just a little more work!

The good news is that I think this is enough of a rewrite to justify you getting all 4 of those points smile.gif

That's so cool! Thanks you Andrew! I'l try and fix it, maybe get a 5+ with some more work!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:43 PM