Guitar Rig 3 Vs Amplitube 2 (software Only), The Final Fight !
Keilnoth
Apr 24 2009, 10:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I would like to buy a software for modeling my guitar sound on my PC (and perhaps, in a while, do some recording). I already own a POD 2.0, an amp, whawha pedal, loop box, etc... But the problem is that I currently have a girlfriend. So I cannot play guitar on my amp when she's watching the TV. tongue.gif

I could just plug a headset in my POD 2.0 and switch my amp off but it's not really comfortable to listen to GMC lesson on my PC headset and then move to my amp headset, etc...

Soooo my question is, what's the best software ? I tried Guitar Rig which I like because it is simple and seem powerful even if it takes some time to get a nice sound. There is a loop box and metronome, plenty of amp, cab, effects, etc... The price is €299 or €99 for the limited version with less amp/effects.

I also tried Amplitube 2 on which the sound seems to be more "solid" but the interface looked a bit ... well, not that clean. The price is €299 as well. I didn't find any cheaper version.

Both are "Cubase ready" I think ? I mean, could be used as a plug-in ?

I read a lot of forum and Googled a lot on that question. The main answer is that both are good. But this is not an answer. I wanna know which is the BEST !! cool.gif

I didn't tried POD Farm or XT or other stuff like that because it contains hardware (I guess) and I do not want hardware. I am only talking about software in this thread.

What are your advices on that question ?
Thanks for sharing your experiences before I spend my money. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Guitars: Fender Stratocaster Billy Corgan Signature, Ibanez RG270
My Amp: Peavey Bandit 112
My Pedals: Blackstar HT-Dual, Boss DD-7, Boss CS-3, Boss RC-20
My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Skalde
Apr 24 2009, 11:28 AM
Learning Roadie
Overloud and Revalver are currently the best amp simulation softwares. (When you play Rock / Metal )
I tested Amplitude Metal and Guitar Rig - Coulnd't get one metal tone out, that satisfied me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 24 2009, 11:47 AM
Instructor
Excuse me for asking, but why don't you want any hardware? (the easiest and cheapest thing for you is to connect your POD 2.0 to the PC, instead of buying software)

Anyways, I've heard great tones with both Guitar Rig and Amplitube (haven't tried them myself though). Isn't there a demo to download so you can check them out? smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Skalde
Apr 24 2009, 12:02 PM
Learning Roadie
You will need some hardware. Either a audio interface or a good soundcard with Asio support.
Don't know if you can use your Pod for that purpose.

/e by the way: of course you can use all these amp simulations as a VST plugin in cubase.

This post has been edited by Skalde: Apr 24 2009, 12:03 PM

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Apr 24 2009, 12:29 PM
I forgot to say I already have a soundcard and an external soundbox where I can plug my guitar. I tried both GR3 and Amplitube 2 but cannot say which one is the best. That's the reason I am asking to you, sound pros. smile.gif

I could plug my POD 2.0 in my PC. I never tried that. Thanks for pointing this to me. tongue.gif

Overloud and Revalver, will check them as well even though I don't really play metal.

--------------------

My Wishlist: New bridge + Pickups for my Ibanez, EHX POG2, EHX Cathedral / Holy Grail

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 24 2009, 01:06 PM
GMC:er
lol! The pod 2 is superb for pc:D Because you just dial in the tone on the pod. I use one too!@!

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Apr 24 2009, 01:39 PM
Do you use the midi interface as well ? What kind of cables do I have to buy to use that midi ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
enforcer
Apr 24 2009, 03:08 PM
What about Revalver?

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 24 2009, 03:42 PM
Instructor
I tried Guitar Rig 3, Amplitube 2, Pod XT and X3 and my conclussion is that pod models sound better. I preffer them. You could connect the pod to the computer and play with headphones.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Apr 24 2009, 04:44 PM
I have Revalver MKIII, 4 Amplitube versions, Guitar Rig 3, and i've found that ReValver blows everything away except for Guitar Rig 3, but only because Guitar Rig has great presets. Revaler's my personal favorite.

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 25 2009, 01:49 PM
Instructor
Definitely check them out both. There is no "best" there is only "best for you" kind of software. I personally thing that Guitar Rig is a bit better, and has more defined low end, but you will have to tweak a lot to get the sound and dynamics right - most of presets have very little headroom and dynamics is pretty "hidden" among various components. I would pick GR3 full version anytime over any other VST FX modeler tho.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 26 2009, 12:26 AM
Instructor
I prefer Guitar Rig whenever i use a software amp. I find it easy to dial in good sounds in it.
But.. it's impossible to say what will be the best option for everyone. Someone else might find Amplitube to be easier finding good sounds in.

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Apr 26 2009, 12:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 26 2009, 01:26 AM) *
I prefer Guitar Rig whenever i use a software amp. I find it easy to dial in good sounds in it.
But.. it's impossible to say what will be the best option for everyone. Someone else might find Amplitube to be easier finding good sounds in.

+1

I also tried Amplitube but couldn't get what I wanted.
And do not expect to have everything you need just
by browsing through presets, preset are made
with certain audio interface using some guitar
and listened on specific monitors,
you'll always have to do some tweaking.
Try demos to see what's closest to your needs. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 26 2009, 05:48 PM
Instructor
i think the hard ware still the best from any software.
i tried many soft wares but you can get all what you want.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 26 2009, 06:05 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
My favs are Softube Vintage Amp Room, and Metal Amp Room smile.gif
Great software, well worth the price smile.gif

You should check it out smile.gif

+Quote Post
Keilnoth
Apr 27 2009, 08:51 AM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the answers. I tried to plug my POD 2.0 directly in my computer and it is working fine. So I can use what I already have and don't need to spend my Money for Nothing.

I didn't try the Amp Room's though. Yesterday, I checked a lot of VST and other sound softwares and well... music on computer seems to be a vast and overwhelming world. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 28 2009, 07:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Apr 27 2009, 09:51 AM) *
Thanks for the answers. I tried to plug my POD 2.0 directly in my computer and it is working fine. So I can use what I already have and don't need to spend my Money for Nothing.

I'm glad to hear that! Good for you! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 28 2009, 12:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Apr 27 2009, 09:51 AM) *
Hey guys,

I didn't try the Amp Room's though. Yesterday, I checked a lot of VST and other sound softwares and well... music on computer seems to be a vast and overwhelming world. smile.gif

We're glad to help anytime man. I'm glad you managed to plug in the POD to computer, that is probably the wisest option for you atm. Cheers bro.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 28 2009, 01:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Keilnoth @ Apr 24 2009, 10:53 AM) *
The main answer is that both are good. But this is not an answer. I wanna know which is the BEST !! cool.gif

You're never gonna get this answer. I have both Guitar Rig and Amplitube. Last year I moved to Amplitube and I am really happy which again doesn't mean that you wouldn't be able to achieve the same thing with the other one. It's really your decision and what you find more user friendly.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Apr 29 2009, 06:14 AM
Instructor
I think GTR 3 is a great program to get some very cool sounds. I've tried and tested the others but to me that one is really nice.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:53 AM