2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Your Favourite Live Dvd
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2011, 03:39 PM
Instructor
Hey guys, we are starting to create a show with my band that should be special because it's in a very important place. The show is in November and we are watching lots of live dvd to get cool ideas.

What is your favourite live DVD (or show) and why?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Aug 31 2011, 05:14 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Oh man, so many great DVDs...my personal favourites are:
Foo Fighters live at Wembley: awesome show, awesome crowd, awesome band...no cool ideas, just music wink.gif
Green Day - awesome as oink: Great show, also saw that show live, great connection with the audience
Metallica - live in San Diego: pure energy!
Pink Floyd - Pulse: maybe the best effects ever wink.gif

I think you are familiar with "Die Toten Hosen", since they toured in Argentina some years back. They've got some awesome live DVDs out as well.

I could name a couple more...but these are my favs wink.gif

Christian

Edited for language
Micke on behalf of the moderator team

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2011, 05:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Aug 31 2011, 01:14 PM) *
Oh man, so many great DVDs...my personal favourites are:
Foo Fighters live at Wembley: awesome show, awesome crowd, awesome band...no cool ideas, just music wink.gif
Green Day - awesome as oink: Great show, also saw that show live, great connection with the audience
Metallica - live in San Diego: pure energy!
Pink Floyd - Pulse: maybe the best effects ever wink.gif

I think you are familiar with "Die Toten Hosen", since they toured in Argentina some years back. They've got some awesome live DVDs out as well.

I could name a couple more...but these are my favs wink.gif

Christian

Thanks Christian! Yeah, the Die Toten Hosen are very welcome here but I've never seen them live. I'll check their live dvds.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Davidian
Aug 31 2011, 05:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Rammstein - Völkerball is awesome!

But my absolute favorite is ZZ Top - Live In Texas biggrin.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 31 2011, 05:53 PM
Instructor
i love the peppers live at slane castle, bullet in a bible from green day and the song remains the same by led zep.

Now my idea is that you guys should record a dvd there wink.gif, where are u playing?

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 31 2011, 07:26 PM
Instructor
Whitesnake - In The Still Of The Night 2006 (live)
Simply, it's so good concert that I can watch it every day and never will not be bored !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2011, 08:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Adrian Figallo @ Aug 31 2011, 01:53 PM) *
i love the peppers live at slane castle, bullet in a bible from green day and the song remains the same by led zep.

Now my idea is that you guys should record a dvd there wink.gif, where are u playing?

The place is called "La trastienda" and it's a nice place for around 800 persons. It would be our most important solo show so we want to make something special...

this is a dvd of a reggae band recorded there..

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 31 2011, 09:07 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
QUOTE (Davidian @ Aug 31 2011, 06:49 PM) *
Rammstein - Völkerball is awesome!

But my absolute favorite is ZZ Top - Live In Texas biggrin.gif

I love that too

Rammstein that is

This post has been edited by superize: Aug 31 2011, 09:08 PM

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 31 2011, 09:12 PM
Instructor
RHCP - Live at Slane Castle is great, has great intro check it out:

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Aug 31 2011, 09:13 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 31 2011, 09:21 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Aug 31 2011, 05:12 PM) *
RHCP - Live at Slane Castle is great, has great intro check it out:

yeah, I like that intro! Thanks for the link! This are the ideas that I'm looking for! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 1 2011, 01:23 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Iron Maiden - Flight 666/ Somewhere Back In Time Concert // Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio

If you have seen Iron Maiden live then you know how immensely deep the shows get, near the end when everyone - even the quiet ones - are shouting "run to the hills" or "fear of the dark" at the top of their lungs with absolutely no inhibitions. Its complete, infinite, never ending happiness, and these DVD's remind of those moments when I was squished against the stage with 20,000 people behind me, covered in so much sweat most was probably not my own, a little blood, a cup or two of someones spilled beer, body nearly dead from exhaustion, face in pain from smiling and screaming, muscles aching from the force of the crowd. Greatest time of my life.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2011, 07:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 31 2011, 09:23 PM) *
Iron Maiden - Flight 666/ Somewhere Back In Time Concert // Iron Maiden - Rock In Rio

If you have seen Iron Maiden live then you know how immensely deep the shows get, near the end when everyone - even the quiet ones - are shouting "run to the hills" or "fear of the dark" at the top of their lungs with absolutely no inhibitions. Its complete, infinite, never ending happiness, and these DVD's remind of those moments when I was squished against the stage with 20,000 people behind me, covered in so much sweat most was probably not my own, a little blood, a cup or two of someones spilled beer, body nearly dead from exhaustion, face in pain from smiling and screaming, muscles aching from the force of the crowd. Greatest time of my life.

yeah, I love Maiden. I saw those dvds, and aso the Seventh son of a Seventh son live dvd. I have seen live Maiden 3 times, 1 with Dickinson and 2 with Blaze Bayley, I also saw Dickinson as soloist with Adrian Smith. They always give awesome shows. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 2 2011, 08:40 AM
Learning Roadie
This would have to be my fav....COHEED & CAMBRIA
They are not big here in Australia, but have a big following in the US
If u dont know them, check them out, Claudio Sanchez is amazing.....After i saw this concert, i sat down and learnt every word of every song.

What makes it so good? Their ability to produce their sound live compared to the studio recording. The space in music, where the crowd sings....Anger, Passion....Gives me goose bumps....
They are a very tight unit, musically.....

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Sep 2 2011, 08:41 AM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2011, 04:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 2 2011, 04:40 AM) *
This would have to be my fav....COHEED & CAMBRIA
They are not big here in Australia, but have a big following in the US
If u dont know them, check them out, Claudio Sanchez is amazing.....After i saw this concert, i sat down and learnt every word of every song.

What makes it so good? Their ability to produce their sound live compared to the studio recording. The space in music, where the crowd sings....Anger, Passion....Gives me goose bumps....
They are a very tight unit, musically.....

Thanks man! I listen to their albums but I didn't see live videos.. Checking it now! (the sound quality is awesome! the drums sound so powerful!)

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 9 2011, 06:03 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Sep 9 2011, 03:49 AM) *
Thanks man! I listen to their albums but I didn't see live videos.. Checking it now! (the sound quality is awesome! the drums sound so powerful!)

They are one of a few bands that actually sound ALOT better live than recorded....

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 9 2011, 08:27 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 9 2011, 02:03 AM) *
They are one of a few bands that actually sound ALOT better live than recorded....

I see! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
El Fortinero
Sep 9 2011, 10:30 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Aug 31 2011, 03:26 PM) *
Whitesnake - In The Still Of The Night 2006 (live)
Simply, it's so good concert that I can watch it every day and never will not be bored !

+1

La trastienda? that's great Gabe! congrats! if I were you i'll try to add special lights to the place and some lasers and smoke ,...just ideas

--------------------
WWW.GROOVERMETAL.COM.AR

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 10 2011, 09:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (El Fortinero @ Sep 9 2011, 06:30 PM) *
+1

La trastienda? that's great Gabe! congrats! if I were you i'll try to add special lights to the place and some lasers and smoke ,...just ideas

yeah! those are really cool ideas! we are starting to think on the details for that show so every idea is welcome! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Fusar
Sep 10 2011, 11:49 AM
The usual ones... Pink Floyd - Pulse (think you cannot play better than Gilmour on Comfortably Numb Solo!!) and Red Hot Chili Peppers Live At Slane Castle, amazing musicians, amazing place to have a gig, amazing gig biggrin.gif
maybe as well Muse Live At Wembley Stadium.

--------------------

For all who are interested, I own a Yahama Pacifica 112 and a Spider Line 6 15W Amp

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 10 2011, 01:32 PM
Muse - H.A.A.R.P (2007)
Mr. Big - Back to Budokan (2009)
Steve Vai Where the Wild Things Are (2009)

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:02 PM