Mp3 Opens In Quick Time, I want it to open in Media Player
MickeM
Jun 23 2007, 10:31 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I hate Quick time!!!! I had to install it the other day to watch some demo movie and like always I make sure to deselect EVRYTHING for file assocoation that doesn't specificly say "Quit time file"

And like always before Quick time takes over. Suddenly my mp3's open with iTunes (which I fixed the file association for, no problem) and when I click a link in IE which is an mp3 it opens in IE instead of Windows Media Player and here is the problem...
Where do I change so that mp3 that I click in Internet Explorer will not open a Quicktime window in IE but is opened by the Media player?

This has happened like 20 times before and I always uninstall Quick time since it's like a bad virus that takes control of my files... really hate it!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pavel
Jun 23 2007, 11:16 AM
Instructor
Hey! Instead of installing Quick Time, install a QuickTime Alternative - it's kind of a plugin which allows you to watch *.mov files in Media Player.

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/QuickT...Alternative.htm

There is also a REAL Alternative if you need to watch real media files in WMP.

As for opening....it also opens in QuickTime for me and it is not a problem for me so i never tried to switch it to MP. Anyway installing QTAlternative will make your life easier - you'll have 1 program instead of 2 to play all media you need.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Jun 23 2007, 11:17 AM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Robin
Jun 23 2007, 12:06 PM
GMC:er
Right click on the mp3 file and click "Open with", "Choose program", select windows media player and click "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file".

I think thats just it, if I understood your question tongue.gif

EDIT: I read it correct now, I dont really know sorry laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Robin: Jun 23 2007, 12:07 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:32 AM