2 Pages V  < 1 2  
New Petrucci Custom Guitar Pick
Nihilist1
Jan 29 2013, 09:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 29 2013, 06:09 AM) *
I went by the local music store today looking for these picks, none in stock but they ordered some for me. $4.36 for a pack of 6 was the listing in the catalog they had there which is also the price they passed on to me. It will probably be a couple weeks before I see them though. In the meantime I decided to grab a Jazz III XL and a Jazz III Ultex. I had never seen the Ultex before, It's kind of a yellow or gold color that is translucent.

Mammoth Music?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 29 2013, 08:04 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Nihilist1 @ Jan 28 2013, 11:12 PM) *
Mammoth Music?

Nah I didn't go all the way into Anchorage , this is just a small shop in Wasilla called Mat-Su Music.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 30 2013, 02:42 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (fluff191 @ Jan 19 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Are these the size of a regular JazzIII? I use the XL's because the regular Jazz picks are so small!

Ditto.
If they eventually make em in an XL JIII I'll try them.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 4 2013, 08:54 AM
Instructor
Hehehe biggrin.gif Just look what our local dealer got in store:

http://www.mcmusic.ro/accesorii/pene/dunlo...4427150106.html

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 4 2013, 09:25 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Got them on friday, but didn't have enough time to give it a decent try.. just some simple warmup patterns and few AP-Excercises - worked OK so far. Tonight I'll try to improvise/solo - I'll let you know smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 4 2013, 10:58 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 29 2013, 04:42 PM) *
Ditto.
If they eventually make em in an XL JIII I'll try them.

I think they may be slightly bigger than a standard Jazz III but smaller than the XL's for now.

+Quote Post
mad
Feb 4 2013, 11:04 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
They are, I tried the JIII but they were definately too small for me biggrin.gif

Attached Image

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 4 2013, 10:58 AM) *
I think they may be slightly bigger than a standard Jazz III but smaller than the XL's for now.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 6 2013, 06:10 AM
Well darn sad.gif That's a bit disspointing IMHO, but some folks like the JazzIII size. Maybe they will make an XL petrucci?

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Feb 4 2013, 04:58 AM) *

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2013, 08:56 AM
Instructor
Alright guys here we go biggrin.gif Tonight at 6 I am receiving my JP picks so I'll share my impressions right after that - in comparison to a normal pick smile.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 14 2013, 12:26 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Feb 5 2013, 08:10 PM) *
Well darn sad.gif That's a bit disspointing IMHO, but some folks like the JazzIII size. Maybe they will make an XL petrucci?

Well I just got back from the music store with my new JP Jazz III's and I thought I would share a couple pics to show the size comparison to the standard Jazz III's, the XL's and the new JP Jazz III's. I laid the new JP pick over an XL and also laid a standard Jazz III over the JP.
As the pics show the JP's are actually very close to the size of the XL's so if you like the XL's, the JP's might be alright for you.

[attachment=30664:IMG_0291.jpg]
[attachment=30663:IMG_0290.jpg]
[attachment=30662:IMG_0289.jpg]

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Feb 14 2013, 12:27 AM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 14 2013, 01:40 AM
Thank you for that AKRich.
I will def try a couple of those. Only a little smaller than the XLs. After a day I probably wouldn't even notice.

+Quote Post
ConnorGilks
Feb 14 2013, 05:12 AM
Got to try these the other day, finally. I am still not a fan of the larger size picks, but these things are pretty sweet. The grip is nice and they definitely don't wear down like the Jazz III's can.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 14 2013, 08:15 AM
Instructor
I'm having a bit of a hard time getting accustomed to them smile.gif It feels like they are too tiny at this point, as I've only been using slightly larger picks till now. But I'm getting there smile.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Feb 22 2013, 08:17 PM
I've had a few now for a week.
I like the tone off the string but they're just a little too small from 'what I've been used to'. Better than the Jazz IIIs for me but not as nice comfy as the XLs.
I'm going to try and use them for the next two weeks and see ...

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 23 2013, 08:02 AM
Instructor
Unfortunately, they still feel small... and I am having a hard time to do the following thing:

After pressing REC when recording laugh.gif the pick just won't slide into place between my fingers because of the JP logo and I start swearing like a sailor because I miss the first beat. I can do this with all the other picks I used, but I will give it some more time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 26 2013, 06:45 PM

Seems like they need to make a larger version of this pick or maybe shave off the logo? Petrucci seems to like small picks and God bless him, but I like em a bit bigger smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 23 2013, 02:02 AM) *
Unfortunately, they still feel small... and I am having a hard time to do the following thing:

After pressing REC when recording laugh.gif the pick just won't slide into place between my fingers because of the JP logo and I start swearing like a sailor because I miss the first beat. I can do this with all the other picks I used, but I will give it some more time smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 27 2013, 08:40 AM
Instructor
And I thought I was the one having a problem laugh.gif Unfortunately, they still feel small after almost 3 weeks of playing. Guess they just aren't for me sad.gif

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 27 2013, 09:12 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
So far I am digging them, the JP logo and rough area is giving me that extra grip I think I needed, I seem to drop them less than the standard Jazz III's, so thats a good thing.
Is it just me or does the beveled edge seem slightly different than the standard J3's? Like they kind of roll off the strings a little differently?

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:02 PM