My Attempt At Trond's Rock Solo Lesson
Fran
Aug 30 2008, 07:46 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Here's my attempt at Trond Vold's Rock solo lesson, recorded the whole thing four times, all of them had some mistakes here and there, so and I ended up choosing my first take!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Trond_RS.mp3 ( 1.65MB ) Number of downloads: 156

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 30 2008, 07:53 PM
GMC:er
sounds good, bro... got a little off at the end on that fast run, but that part sounds like its hard... ill have to learn that lesson

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Aug 30 2008, 07:54 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Fran @ Aug 30 2008, 08:46 PM) *
Here's my attempt at Trond Vold's Rock solo lesson, recorded the whole thing four times, all of them had some mistakes here and there, so and I ended up choosing my first take!

Hi Fran!

It's not bad, but it's not perfect either. I think you have very nice vibrato. Sometimes the timing seems off. Like during the first notes. I mean the first pull off. I know it's hard, but maybe try to hold the first note a bit longer before you pull of! You know what I mean? You did the octaves very neat'o! Also the harmonics sounded! The harmonics were a bit sloppy, but you had sound! I don't get decent sound wink.gif The run in the end wasn't totally perfect either, but quit good! Try to play the run a couple of times on a lower BPM. This will help you with the accuracy, speed comes later!

I hope this helped, and not offended you! You did a great job, I just thought I'd help you by telling what to improve. I did this solo myself... I found out it's not very easy tongue.gif I thought I did it quit nice, then I recorded it and I suddenly heard all the mistakes!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 30 2008, 08:11 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments! Will try to improve it, last legato run is probably the hardest part (that's why it sounds horrible in my take laugh.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:

Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!

+Quote Post
Outlaw2112
Aug 30 2008, 08:16 PM
QUOTE (Fran @ Aug 30 2008, 08:11 PM) *
Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments! Will try to improve it, last legato run is probably the hardest part (that's why it sounds horrible in my take laugh.gif

It doesnt sound horrible, it sounds a little off... dont be soo hard on yourself

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Aug 30 2008, 08:21 PM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I think you should work on the muting there are some nise in the background but its not much but it would sound much better tonewise..... otherwise great job wink.gif

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Siggum
Aug 30 2008, 09:28 PM
Nice job Fran, you got the hang of it for sure smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 30 2008, 09:40 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
I thought it was a very nice attempt Fran. Sure, not mistake free but that's what practice and these lessons are for. Good Job smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Aug 30 2008, 10:30 PM
Instructor
I thought you did great smile.gif

But there's 2 things i notice that you could work on; timing and muting. Some notes were played quite out of time and there's a some noise at times that can be avoided.

Your bends and vibrato were quite good at times, although a bit too "fast".

But all in all, well done smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Aug 30 2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the insight guys, and specially yours Trond! smile.gif

I'll work on timing specially with the bends at the beginning and the legato run at the end, and muting of course!

--------------------
Guitars:
Amp:
Effects:
Recording:

+Quote Post
kjutte
Aug 31 2008, 04:03 AM
You hit most of the notes, and your timing is ok.
However, you plass very statically.

To improve on this you should build a strong vibrato, and also it's VERY important that you bend to the correct pitch, or else you're totally out of the scale (in a bad way tongue.gif)

Hope this helps!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:32 AM