2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Not A Good Day At Work!
Praetorian
Sep 22 2008, 06:06 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I'm a police officer in New York State and we had a drug overdose saturday morning. The guy died, and he was shooting up with three of his friends. They were all sharing the needles with each other. Well, as we were processing the crime scene, one of the needles they were using stuck into my right ring finger. Great. I had to go to the hospital for some shots and now I have to take anti-HIV pills for 42 days that make you VERY sick. So...two days down, 40 to go!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 22 2008, 06:11 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Oh sorry to hear that, hope everything works out and that you don't catch anything that could be on them needles sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 22 2008, 06:27 PM
Learning Tone Master
Thank god there is something like those anti-HIV pills! Better ill for a month or two then getting aids while protecting and serving... Don't you get some kevlar gloves or something like that (unpiercable equip) when you go the a crime scene with drug abuse?!?

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Sep 22 2008, 06:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Sep 22 2008, 01:27 PM) *
Thank god there is something like those anti-HIV pills! Better ill for a month or two then getting aids while protecting and serving... Don't you get some kevlar gloves or something like that (unpiercable equip) when you go the a crime scene with drug abuse?!?

We aren't issued Kevlar gloves. We can buy them ourselves if we want to. Truth is, I have used them before and they are very difficult to manipulate since they are thick. But...I guess they would have been worth it!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 22 2008, 06:40 PM
Instructor
OMG man, that is tough, I hope you have a fast recovery. sad.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Alex87
Sep 22 2008, 06:51 PM
GMC:er
Really sorry to hear that. Hope you will get better soon

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender Lead I - 1979, Hamer Steven Stevens sign. (modified) - 1986, Cort western, Santana acoustic

Amps:
Laney Lionheart LH5, Roland Cube 20 (the original orange one)

Effects (on board):
Boss TU-2 Tuner, Homebrew CPR Compressor, EHX Small Stone, Maxon OD-9 Overdrive, Mad Professor Mellow Yellow Tremolo, Boss DD-2, Carl Martin DeLayla XL, TC Electronic SCF1 Chorus/Flanger/Pitch Mod.

Effects (spare):
Boss OD-1 Overdrive, Boss CE-2 Chrous, Boss CS-1 Compressor, Schaller Volume Control, Boss PH-2 Phaser, Boss RV-2 Reverb

+Quote Post
Fran
Sep 22 2008, 06:58 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Oh man sad.gif so sorry to hear.
Just take those pills no matter how awful they might be and in 40 days this will be just a story to share with friends over a beer. Good luck man.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Capt.Z
Sep 22 2008, 07:01 PM
That's terrible... sad.gif It would've never happened if it wasn't for drug abuse...

--------------------

GMC IS TIGHT DAWG

+Quote Post
Canis
Sep 22 2008, 07:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
My fingers are crossed for you ohmy.gif
Hope you'll be allright =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Sep 22 2008, 07:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
I heard about that pills! You´re a really poor guy! sad.gif I even don´t want to mention what is waiting for you... If I way you, I wouldn´t do anything during these 40 days and just save power to recover very quickly... Good luck anyway!

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 22 2008, 07:28 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Dang bro, sorry to hear that. Wish you a speedy recovery and thank you for putting your life on the line everyday to protect people! smile.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Sep 22 2008, 07:31 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (skennington @ Sep 22 2008, 08:28 PM) *
thank you for putting your life on the line everyday to protect people! smile.gif

Well said, I just have to second that!! Thanks for your efforts, it's much appreciated no matter where in the world we're located! smile.gif

This post has been edited by MickeM: Sep 22 2008, 07:39 PM

+Quote Post
sigma7
Sep 22 2008, 07:46 PM
sorry man! i thought once u get aids ur done?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Sep 22 2008, 07:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
There´s a pill that eliminates the HIV-virus. However, one must start with the therapy within 48 hours I think. Otherwise, you´re done as you said, sigma7... Praetorian had a great chance that he was treated immediately...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 22 2008, 08:01 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Oh I am very sorry to hear this sad.gif Was the needle infected ? I wish you a fast recovery through those 40 days! I hope everything turns out ok..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Sep 22 2008, 08:10 PM
Singing Instructor
Oh,sad news my friend sad.gif.I hope every thing works out.You do a very hard job,and job that requires a lot of bravery.Once again hope you be alright.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Sep 22 2008, 08:11 PM
Oh, that's terrible, as said above, better to do that than getting HIV or AIDS at least, and after a while I'm sure that's quite a story to tell over a beer like Fran said tongue.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 22 2008, 08:26 PM
Instructor
You're in luck they have those pills mate, I didn't thought these pills were available. In addition to your speedy recovery I also must pay my respects to you for putting your life on the line man. Very brave man you are for being a police officer.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kuba Szafran
Sep 22 2008, 08:38 PM
Instructor
Bad news mate. Hope you'll recover from that asap.

--------------------

+Quote Post
bsamn
Sep 22 2008, 08:42 PM
oh man that sucks,
but im sure everything will be fine bro...smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:38 AM