> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

137 Pages V  « < 135 136 137  
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Apr 11 2021, 08:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hola Gab,

I've tried it with different patches, different guitars, it always seems the same unless I play unplugged.

I can't shoot a video at the moment, I will tomorrow, maybe with a couple of different guitars and patches and clean. Can you see anything mechanical with my hands that might be causing it? What did you mean "the highly sound"?

By the way, I've just managed to play that dominant 9 chord with all of the strings ringing biggrin.gif

Salud

Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2021, 03:13 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 12 2021, 09:04 PM
Hola Gab,

First things first, you were correct in thinking "trebly" https://www.lexico.com/definition/trebly wink.gif

Okay, here is a take of the first bar and a half of the Blues Dynamics Lesson, as I said I'm really struggling with the dominant 9 chord, it's harder than the Hendrix chord biggrin.gif This video is dome completely freestyle, you'll see why when you watch it laugh.gif I thought it would be good to put it here to look back at when I get better. Also, it might inspire others who are struggling to keep going wink.gif

Any advice on anything greatly appreciated. I think I may have a little bit too much drive going on, what do you think?

https://youtu.be/fbPS5C501bc

Here is a video of that end lick in the Shuffle lesson but played on my Telecaster using exactly the same patch/settings.

I know you were thinking of trying out and possibly getting TH-U, if you did/do here is the patch I used to try and get close to your tone in the lesson Attached File  GAB_SHUFFLE.zip ( 8.99K ) Number of downloads: 1

https://youtu.be/P3G4NyRk2Fg

Here is the actual REC take last phrase with the gain on full, it was just over halfway on the original.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/rec-take-last-phrase-full-gain

I'm out of time now but if you want me to try anything else just let me know. Personally, I don't think it much of a problem but I'd like to understand why.

Salud

Nos hablamos amigo

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 13 2021, 01:09 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

“Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in installments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.”
Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2021, 05:35 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 13 2021, 06:41 PM
Hola Gab,

Thanks for the advice on the chord, the hardest thing for me is to fret the high E string on the 10th fret, I think that is why my hand is contorted as it is.

I'll try your suggestion later, thanks.

I do like the way you assess my videos and seeing the thought process that you use to reason.
We would normally use "extinguish" when putting out a fire but it could have a nice poetic use like, "her love for him was extinguished when she found out about the affair".
With the note on the guitar, most people would just say, "it's dies too quickly" or, "it fades too quickly", or "it stops too quickly", something like that.

I'll practise again this evening so if you read this, check back tomorrow please.

Salud

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 13 2021, 07:19 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2021, 06:51 PM
Instructor
Cool! Thanks for the phrases! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 13 2021, 09:07 PM
Hola Gab,

Very quick rough video mate, just using the camera mic. I ran out of time, did four videos for Todd, didn't even have time to change T-Shirt, sorry huh.gif

https://youtu.be/cYdr1VfaYfY

Here is how Piotr's hand is, it's a bit like mine. I'll keep working on it though buddy.

Salud

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 13 2021, 09:24 PM
Instructor
Yes, there is not only one way to play chords, but your thumb position (not behind the first finger is suggested), and the angle from your wrist can affect the difficulty which is also conditioned by fingers length and guitar's fretboard shape.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 13 2021, 10:09 PM
How do you get all three (e, b and g) strings fretted? I saw one bloke on YT use his ring finger but mine won't flex enough, Piotr uses his ring finger and pinky like I try to. If I didn't have to play the D on the high E I think it without be fine but that's irrelevant because the lesson calls for it.

I'll give it a good session tomorrow buddy.

Salud

Nos hablamos

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2021, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Quick vid playing the higher notes as a bare:

This is a dominant chord (I played the major 3rd in the 4th string) but it would be the same for a minor 9.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 14 2021, 02:40 PM
Thanks Gab,

I did try that but my ring finger won't bend in reverse at the knuckle like yours biggrin.gif It will only bend in the direction of making a fist, I've been trying to use my pinky, seems I'll have to train my pinky or grow another finger.

I'll find a way, I'm sure.

Salud

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2021, 02:45 PM
Instructor
Yeah! You'll find the way, I know mate. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 14 2021, 09:08 PM
Hola Gab

No video mate, been experimenting, found one way to play the chord but it won't be good at speed, I use my pinky to bar all three strings (ebg) and my ring finger sits on top of it to help force the pinky down flat on the fretboard. I'll keep working but it's not worth me posting anything until some improvement is found.

One thing I keep meaning to say, I think you may have missed it in the forum , I also put it in our thread when you were having problems with the sync. I don't know if it will help you but it has a lot of info and it's free. Check it out https://download.cantabilesoftware.com/GlitchFree.pdf

Nos hablamos amigo.

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 14 2021, 10:07 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 15 2021, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil! Thanks for the update and the book! I'll save it to check it out later.

Have a nice day!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 15 2021, 09:16 PM
Hola Gab,

Just letting you know we're going to our holiday home tomorrow morning until Sunday. As it's the first visit of the season we have a lot of stuff to take so there's may not be room to safely store a guitar. I've put it in a gig bag ready to take along with my laptop and Scarlett Solo so I'll see what happens.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Cool! Enjoy your vacation mate!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Couldn't fit the guitar in buddy, we usually take a break on the way and leave the car parked for a while, as you know, insurance doesn't cover items not in the boot (trunk) and most stuff in the boot wouldn't be safe on the back seat in the event of an emergency stop the guitar would have to be behind the front seats.

Next time though. I might consider leaving a guitar down here but over winter there is no heating on as the system has to be drained. What do you think? It's obit one weekend anyway. Not so bad going back at the end of the season as there's no beer, wine or food going back cool.gif

Salud

This post has been edited by Phil66: Yesterday, 03:10 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 03:16 PM
Instructor
I would let there a guitar with a good bag or hard case. Maybe your less favorite guitar so in the case you can't take one, you have on to play.

I let one of my guitars at my parents in law house. I use to miss this guitar, but the good thing is that even when I can't take my guitar there, there is always one waiting for me.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Yesterday, 03:46 PM
Yeah it's hard to pick which one, it will probably be my Peavey Falcon II Telecaster which was only around £125 twenty five years ago, it has a lovely neck profile, many people have commented how nice it is.

I was more concerned about the temperature and condensation affecting it. My wife bought it me for a Christmas present so I don't want it damaged.

There is only one weekend per year when I won't be able to pack a guitar, you can guarantee that whichever one I leave will be one I want to use at home, it's sod's law laugh.gif

UPDATE:
Whilst typing this I've decided to buy something like THIS, no trem, 24 frets, two pickups, probably pretty good value for money due to having none of the extras wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Yesterday, 03:50 PM
Instructor
Go for it!! A cheap guitar (without sentimental value) is the best for this.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

137 Pages V  « < 135 136 137
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2021 - 02:58 PM