The Who's Awesomness And Weird Amps.
Jesse
Apr 3 2009, 04:33 PM
GMC:er

Gotta love the who, Pete's tone is amazing. What kind of amp does he use here? I think it's a Vibro-King. And, their positioning is odd, he has 2 stacks, with 2 stacks right in front of em..... hmmm.

Goosebumps when the guitar kicks in!BTW IVAN (Milenkovic) were playing such harmonica solo's in no time!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 3 2009, 04:44 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sted
Apr 3 2009, 05:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Brilliant to see a Who post, well done Jesse!! I saw these live at the Knowsley Hall music fest in liverpool last year before they headlined at glastonbury and they were awesome, they totally roll back the years with their performances (Just try that windmill, its not as easy as it looks!) I would imagine the two rears would be backups or part of a stereo rig, or maybe some kind of strange effect pete discovered! Who knows!
Just a technical point, that 2nd vid isnt baba o'reilly its teenage wasteland! And what happened to the union jack on the 2nd vid??!?? sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Apr 3 2009, 05:17 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
ATM Di-Rect is doing Tommy again in Holland, I've been there, I thought it was great music!

Ow, and Spike (guitarist form Di-Rect) does the windmill aswell wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Jesse
Apr 3 2009, 06:09 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Apr 3 2009, 06:17 PM) *
ATM Di-Rect is doing Tommy again in Holland, I've been there, I thought it was great music!

Ow, and Spike (guitarist form Di-Rect) does the windmill aswell wink.gif

Lol, ive heard some of their Tommy covers, I thought it sounded absolutely (VERY BAD WORD)! I mean, come on, these lyrics in dutch sound so dull.... sooooooo dull... it's not even fun.

QUOTE (sted @ Apr 3 2009, 06:12 PM) *
Brilliant to see a Who post, well done Jesse!! I saw these live at the Knowsley Hall music fest in liverpool last year before they headlined at glastonbury and they were awesome, they totally roll back the years with their performances (Just try that windmill, its not as easy as it looks!) I would imagine the two rears would be backups or part of a stereo rig, or maybe some kind of strange effect pete discovered! Who knows!
Just a technical point, that 2nd vid isnt baba o'reilly its teenage wasteland! And what happened to the union jack on the 2nd vid??!?? sad.gif

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I didn't know that! The video said baba so... sad.gif Aawww. Oh lol, DUDE IT'S THE SAME SONG:D aww, I don't know. Can an expert on The Who help us out?

This post has been edited by Jesse: Apr 3 2009, 06:12 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 3 2009, 07:48 PM
Instructor
Jesse, have you tried new Amplitube Fender? That thing can emulate Fender amps like no other modeling software. The only shame is that it doesn't have any good overdrive stomps within software, so either you gotta use pedal before PC, or put some stomp emulation before the plug in DAW.

PS I will record some harp stuff soon! cool.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Apr 3 2009, 07:48 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 3 2009, 10:39 PM
The Dark Canuck
Thanks for The Who post Jesse smile.gif I LOVE The Who and Won't Get fooled Again is probably my fave by them so thanks for sharing.

And yes, Baba O'Riley is the same song as Teenage Wasteland. Baba O'Riley is the actual name of the song.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 12:04 AM