Pentatonic Workshop Fifth Intervalls
MirkoSchmidt
Oct 4 2009, 10:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Ivan, hey GCM

Im still learing the pentatonic workshop.
The fourth lession is about the fifth intervalls. i dont understand the meaning of this lession.

how can i use that intervalls in a solo? i mean, when im playing in the key of F like the lession before, what intervall sounds good? i cant use all of them isnt it?

Is there a lession that explaines that?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 4 2009, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Actually this lesson is more rhythm/riffing-oriented, because you go through all the fifths/powerchord combinations in the pentatonic scale. This enables you to track the powerchords and their strong notes fast during the solo, so yes soloing will benefit from it as well, because if you know how to play the powerchords, where they are and what notes they have - you will know how to accent those notes through a solo as well.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Frankster
Mar 2 2010, 07:47 PM
GMC:er
Hi!

I have also a question about this lession.

You call this lession Pentatonic Workshop Fifth Invervalls.
And in this lession you are using the Am scale.

So I´m a little confused wink.gif
Now you are using the Am sacle instead of Am pentatonic scale.
Because B und F are not in the Am Pentatonic

Thanks
Guenther

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 3 2010, 03:03 AM
Instructor
Well spotted. But the lesson itself is covering all fifth intervals that are important for pentatonic scale usage. As I wrote bellow the main video: "The riffing is essential when making a song or playing either rhythm or a solo, so we must go through it, before we move on to the 5th level lesson, which will be a solo composing one, using all the previously learned knowledge."

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
rhoads
Sep 2 2010, 08:45 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi,

I am also working on this lesson and I am trying to get a tone that is close to yours but I have a problem.

Right in the beginning where you rest on the that A note your tone fades away nicely. It's like the sustain is cut off. Now is this only from the gain or something else. I don't know, I am using Amplitube, but no matter how little gain I set it still rings until I have to pass to the E note and it is hard to control. It is noisy. I can do a slide or something but I want to get the same effect as yours.

So is it only from the gain or something else ? I am still trying.

It is the same problem I had i this lesson (which I failed twice tongue.gif ) https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/slow_rock_solo/.

My notes do not fade away like in Emir's playing and it is hard to control them when I have to pass to a different phrase.

Thanks.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:58 AM