My Heart Is Broken, really sad news
Gitarrero
Oct 25 2010, 09:42 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi guys,
maybe some of you have realised that my activity in the forum has slowed down a lot in the last two weeks.
I was having trouble with my girlfriend, and yesterday she told me that she needs a break and we have to break up, for a while or forever, who can say that now.
I have just moved into her place two months ago and given up everything I had, now I have to live at my mom's place for a while and try to get a decent life. To be honest, I don't know how that is supposed to work...
We have been together for more than 9 years, and I was already making plans to ask her to marry me. And now this...she says she needs some time for herself, to see who she really is as a grown-up person (we got together when we were barely 20).
It hit me so hard, I'll start a psychotherapy and have to take meds at the moment.
I will try to become more active here again, hope it will help me clear my head and cheer up after some time.
Just had to get it off my chest.

Christian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
MickeM
Oct 25 2010, 10:02 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Sorry to hear that sad.gif
Try to cheer up, there's no saying what the future holds for you. Most likely it's something good as soon as you find the strength to go on with your life.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 25 2010, 10:03 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I would advice not to take meds and start psychotherapy yet. Being totally "down" for a week-few weeks isn't something that "unnatural", I think trying to solve the problem/live with it for a while isn't a bad thing. If nothing happens and things are not getting better, than searching for outside help is good, but maybe it isn't that necessary. Sorry if it is offending to You in any way, it definitely isn't my goal.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Oct 25 2010, 10:07 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Marek,
you're not offending me. I decided to start psychotherapy because I had some psychological problems in the past that were also solved by psychotherapy, plus I am a pretty fragile person with a low self esteem (though nobody would think that about me...), so it is definitely necessary to get a therapy, otherwise things will completely fall apart for me. I see what is going on in my mind, and I really don't like it.

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Oct 25 2010, 10:12 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Eh I see. The good thing is that therapy worked for You once, so most probably it will be the same this time. So good luck, and take care!

--------------------

+Quote Post
emirb
Oct 25 2010, 10:47 AM
Accomplished Tone Guru
That's really nothing I would wish for anyone.. Been there once and I know how it feels(felt for me at least). One thing is for sure, you will go on with your life, and thing will sort out. Bad part is that it takes time..
All the best mate!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 25 2010, 11:07 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
sad news but chin up mate, some counselling if you feel you need it will certainly help get things into perspective, just in my opinion meds can confuse and cloud issues, better to get things out in your counselling sessions than have them rear up later on.

It all takes time to heal, these things can certainly have a big impact, your guitar is a great avenue to escape and you have friends here that you can always talk to.

good luck and hope you start to feel stronger soon smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Oct 25 2010, 11:36 AM
Learning Tone Master
I hope things will brighten up for you. Good luck smile.gif

+Quote Post
maharzan
Oct 25 2010, 11:40 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
The best med is to learn to let it go. While I haven't been in that long relationship, I was too obsessed with a girl I loved and it felt perfect. But as everything, it came to and end and took me 2 good years to overcome. I still miss the good times we had had in the short time but not everything / everyone can be yours forever. You have to let it go so you can start fresh and continue. Good luck mate. I think everyone goes with that phase and the question is just how fast you can let it go. Concentrating more on other things like (guitar for me) is definitely a plus. Write some songs!

Lifes like that! The more precious one you lose, the harder it gets to let it go. But the truth is if you get someone / something, one day you will lose it, in whatever form it might be.

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Oct 25 2010, 12:06 PM
Learning Roadie
We wish you well. Good luck. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 25 2010, 02:21 PM
Instructor
man, I can't believe it. very sad news sad.gif
as the others said, I would recommend to not take any meds right now.
these things happen, so, don't give up. you are so young and you have a great future. if this relationship came to an end, let it go. I know it hurts, I REALLY know! so, try to spent some time with your friends and family, here, with your guitar, with you.

you have to know that you are not alone. smile.gif

Be strong!

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 25 2010, 04:08 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That sucks man. Sorry to hear sad.gif

Life is unpredictable. That's why it sucks so bad, in my opinion. Then again, one out of ten times it brings something good, so stay tuned, something nice ight be around the corner. When things go wrong I like to tell myself that things happen for a reason.

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 25 2010, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Hey dude, i'm so sorry to hear that man, but dude, you are single again man!!, that's sad and happy at the same time, now it is YOUR time man, no more asking before something, do what you want, and i know the bed might feel empty been myself 8 years in a relationship, i thought i LOVED her, but hey one month after i met my real love and i couldn't be happier.

Please brother, don't take any anti anxiety or something like that, been there too, i'm nervous too, but that wont solve a thing dude, live your depression it wont last forever.

Hear to good music, watch a lot of comedy, for me the office and family guy works perfect! even if you don't feel like doing it, IT HELPS, and mostly, play that guitar.. you are going to go to the shrink just to say whatever you are unable to say right now, you just need a little bit of expression, play that guitar it will do wonders, never underestimate the magic power of the music.

just my two cents here, i know how it's like to loose everything overnight, but thank god or whatever you believe in for having your mother, music, and all your friends, hope to be somewhere in that list!

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Oct 25 2010, 05:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Man, I know that hurts. sad.gif I haven't been there, maybe halfway there but not even close, and I know it hurts. If you want to share your feelings (more than you already have), feel free to PM or anything, it's alright for me. The whole GMC's here for you, man.

I'd say, take it easy and let time do the rest. But that's just me, no-one can really be there except you yourself.

Courage, man.

- Kristian

EDIT: About the meds - I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea to take them. They can help people through the worst - though sometimes the only way is to go through the worst, sooner or later. Do whatever feels good: if you believe the meds will ease your life even just a bit, it might just be a good idea.

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvarinen: Oct 25 2010, 05:18 PM

+Quote Post
Rik Veldhuizen
Oct 25 2010, 05:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
Good luck, Christian. Of course things will get better, in hindsight things aren't so bad, etc. But for now, it just sucks... On the other hand, Adrian has a point...

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Oct 25 2010, 05:59 PM
Instructor
I agree with Adrian. Value your singlehood now. You are free to get to know cool new people and girls. The truth is there are millions of worthy girls out there.

Let go, and even if you get back together that will help a lot in the relation as well.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 25 2010, 07:14 PM
Instructor
I'm really sorry to hear that Christian. I can only imagine how you feel right now. However, I'm really heartened by how supportive everybody else is here, they've all said some excellent things and at the very least, you know that you don't have to go through it alone.

The only things I can say for sure, from my own experience.. is when life has dealt me change, it's because I was ready to grow in some way. (although it doesn't feel like it at the time !) The important thing you need to do, is to open your self to change and try not to hold onto to what was. I think we are all afraid of change (I know I am) but after we push through the fear and accept things, we are a lot stronger than before. Also, it's not 100% that it is over between you and her. The relationship is shifting in some way, but it remains to be seen yet what it will shift to. Either way, to preserve your sanity and avoid getting stuck in a rut, you have to accept the uncertainty of the future and not hold onto to the past.. because although change is upsetting and scary, it means you are not standing still in the world. It means you're growing as a human being. Please trust me on this, I know it to be true.

I agree with the above posts about meds.. try not to automatically rely on them when you're feeling vulnerable. But I do believe that talking to somebody you can trust (whether a psychiatrist or friend) is incredibly important. And also, don't forget to check in here and let us know how you are, it will give you something to look forward to ! Oh, and of course.. the guitar !!! smile.gif It's so important for us humans to have purpose - a reason to get up in the morning. Without it, we don't feel there's any point in getting out of bed. Hold onto your purpose and it will carry you through anything !! All our best wishes are with you !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
playaxeman
Oct 25 2010, 09:00 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Christian,

Sad to hear this. If she is the right one for you she will be back.

Me and my wife broke up a couple of times hid me hard also what you win will makes you stronger. And still everything turned on okay. So cheer up and use this time to play a lot and make a song off , this will cheer you up you will see.

--------------------
Gear:

Guitars
Music Man Luke BFR , Music Man JP LTD 2008, Paul Reed Smith Santana III, Gibson Les Paul, Ovation Adamas, Ovation Ultra

Amps
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade 50 combo

Effects
Korg Pandora PX5D, Line 6 Pod XT Live

Recording
Guitar Rig 5, Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000, Magix MusicMaker2008

Visit My Website

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Oct 26 2010, 12:53 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hey Christian, believe it or not, this is actually a blessing in disguise. It is hard to no longer be with someone you've been with for so long, but you will meet someone that will make you totally forget about her. Having your heart broken helps you with your next relationship, because it matures you in a way nothing else can.

Theres plenty of other women out there, I've been to Germany, and theres a lot of good looking women there that are really kind. Just whatever you do, try not to dwell on this, you gain nothing by stressing your self out.

As far as the medications, stay clear of antidepressants, such as Zoloft and Paxil, as they can cause some serious mental disorders. Once you start taking them, they're really hard to come off from. If you forget to take your medication for one day you will have a mental breakdown. Antidepressants effect your natural seratonin levels and not taking your daily dose completely throws everything off.Once you start taking antidepressants, your body depends on it to maintain seratonin levels. Also, heres the real downer, antidepressants, especially Zoloft, diminish your ability to experience an orgasm. I don't know if this is GMC friendly material, but I feel this is something you and everyone has to know.

I wish you the best of luck smile.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Oct 26 2010, 01:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mudbone @ Oct 25 2010, 06:53 PM) *
As far as the medications, stay clear of antidepressants, such as Zoloft and Paxil, as they can cause some serious mental disorders. Once you start taking them, they're really hard to come off from. If you forget to take your medication for one day you will have a mental breakdown. Antidepressants effect your natural seratonin levels and not taking your daily dose completely throws everything off.Once you start taking antidepressants, your body depends on it to maintain seratonin levels. Also, heres the real downer, antidepressants, especially Zoloft, diminish your ability to experience an orgasm. I don't know if this is GMC friendly material, but I feel this is something you and everyone has to know.

I wish you the best of luck smile.gif

I support this, 100%, been there, took a lot of garbage, alprazolam diazepam, clonazepam... and i can really tell you that you don't that ehmm "garbage"... also tried prozac and anti depresives, same stuff.

The pain wont stay that much man, believe it or not, everything is clearer without any medicine, a lot of doctors will give you pills without putting any real "human" thought to it, they probably don't care about you, they just want you going month after month to renew your prescriptions etc.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 11:34 AM