Happy Canada Day
NoSkill
Jul 1 2009, 05:56 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
We are celebrating Canada's National Day today. On July 1st 1867, The British North America Act was enacted, uniting a single country of four provinces. The act joined the British Colonies of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and the Province of Canada (later divided into the provinces of Ontario and Quebec.) The British North America Act was renamed in 1982 when it became the Constitution Act as Canada patriated it's own constitution.

My family came to Canada, landing in the British Territory of Prince Edward Island, June 25, 1817. My Great Grandfather moved to the Province of Alberta in April of 1910, settling about a 10Km from where I'm typing this.

The province of Manitoba was formed on July 15, 1870. The provinces of British Columbia was formed July 20, 1871. Prince Edward Island became a province on July 1, 1873. Alberta and Saskatchewan were formed September 1, 1905. And finally Newfoundland and Labrador became the 10th province of Canada, on March 31, 1949.

Canada has three Territories constituting it's northern most lands. The Northwest Territories were formed July 15, 1870. The Yukon Territory was formed June 13, 1898 and the Territory of Nunuvat was formed April 1, 1999.

Currently the ten provinces and 3 territories of Canada make it the world's second largest country and second largest land mass. It's the largest country in the Western Hemisphere. Has the longest coastline and the longest border with one other country (with the United States).

Canada is 9,984,670 square Kilometres of land.

My favorite Beer Commercial!

Cheers!

Tom from Canada!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by NoSkill: Jul 1 2009, 06:02 PM

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Jul 1 2009, 06:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow ! Very good topic, Tom ! I think everybody's going to learn some history and geography from what you wrote ! biggrin.gif Thanks a lot, and Happy Birthday, Canada ! biggrin.gif USA's Independence Day in 3 days ! wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Carlos Carrillo
Jul 1 2009, 06:14 PM
Instructor
Is Great know about Canada´s History! Cool topic,Happy Birthday Canada !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Jul 1 2009, 06:16 PM
GMC:er
Yes, It's going to be great amounts of beer and fireworks tonight biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 1 2009, 07:10 PM
Instructor
Happy national holiday Tom ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 1 2009, 07:36 PM
Instructor
Very nice topic and thanks for this nice info. Canada is cool lots of Serbian folks travel there. Happy national holiday man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Jul 1 2009, 09:55 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
That's cool, Happy holiday Tom! smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Jul 2 2009, 06:01 AM
Instructor
have fun man! happy Canadian day!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 2 2009, 09:52 AM
Instructor
Nice topic, good to know all those details!!
Happy National Day. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Canis
Jul 2 2009, 05:16 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for the info, and happy Canada day biggrin.gif

I've actually never seen a map of Canada, other then on the world map. Looks a bit like a badass RPG world laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Jul 2 2009, 06:28 PM
Jazz Instructor
Happy Canada day! smile.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 2 2009, 06:35 PM
The Dark Canuck
I'm a day late but I hope all the Canucks on here had a great Canada Day smile.gif

We have been having a heck of a time with forest fires up here, so we didn't have any fireworks but it was still a great celebration of our Nations birthday!!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:21 AM