My Brother's Music (dubstep)
Bluesberry
Feb 11 2010, 05:09 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi GMC,

I'm helping my brother to spread his music. He has been doing music with computer software for some half a year now and he's developing all the time. If you like it even a bit, I encourage you to spread it, too. biggrin.gif

He publishes stuff mainly in Soundcloud.com and Youtube under the nickname Evil Kitten. smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjtpTlFNc9c

-Kristian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Feb 11 2010, 05:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Sorry Kristian, I dont get it... probably I'm too old... laugh.gif I cant find any melodies or motifs, it more like a collage of strange sounds....

//Staffay

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Feb 11 2010, 05:41 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Staffy @ Feb 11 2010, 06:23 PM) *
Sorry Kristian, I dont get it... probably I'm too old... laugh.gif I cant find any melodies or motifs, it more like a collage of strange sounds....

//Staffay

Yeah, well, my brother is very fond of weird sounds and ideas. biggrin.gif Of course he's not even close to becoming perfect yet and this type of music is really "underground". Thanks for your comment anyway.

+Quote Post
intemperateContr...
Feb 11 2010, 06:03 PM
Learning Tone Master
I found it interestingly cool - something like that would go well in a movie background
during an intense scene I think. For Music maybe more frequent change ups at certain
points along with the repetitive melody on occasion might liven it up a bit. He definitely
has his own style and it is worth pursuing. cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 12 2010, 12:49 PM
Instructor
I like electronic music, and I think this is nicely composed. I think more work can be done tho, the track lacks a bit of fluidness at some points, although it is dubstep. Bass needs more work, and the panning sounds dizzy often. Perhaps a more gentle pan sweep would do it nicely. I think it is better to insert some panning pads then bass, and let the bass serve the rhythmic function a bi better. The track is cool, and full of great ideas, but I think it lacks structure. A more structurized track with some clear sections would be nice to hear. say hello to your brother, it's a cool music! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Frederik
Feb 12 2010, 01:07 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
I think its cool, im really into dub step atm, and its really cool in club situations!
i like it, but i agree with ivan, the transistions could need some work to make it flow better, and yeah in the beginning the panning is a is a bit over the top

-Frederik
tell your brother i dig it wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Feb 12 2010, 02:10 PM
Learning Roadie
Thank you all for your help and comments! biggrin.gif Or more like: my brother will thank you as soon as he sees this thread.

-Kristian

+Quote Post
Bluesberry
Feb 12 2010, 11:51 PM
Learning Roadie
My brudda thanks you all, especially Mr. Milenkovich for your feedback! smile.gif Meanwhile he has been working on these:

http://soundcloud.com/evilkitten/evil-kitten-fattest-sound

http://soundcloud.com/evilkitten/evil-kitten-headtrip

These have been done before he had a chance for your feedback, so they have some of the same faults his earlier "songs" did.

-Kristian smile.gif

This post has been edited by Kristian Hyvarinen: Feb 12 2010, 11:51 PM

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 13 2010, 01:04 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 12 2010, 12:49 PM) *
I like electronic music, and I think this is nicely composed. I think more work can be done tho, the track lacks a bit of fluidness at some points, although it is dubstep. Bass needs more work, and the panning sounds dizzy often. Perhaps a more gentle pan sweep would do it nicely. I think it is better to insert some panning pads then bass, and let the bass serve the rhythmic function a bi better. The track is cool, and full of great ideas, but I think it lacks structure. A more structurized track with some clear sections would be nice to hear. say hello to your brother, it's a cool music! smile.gif

It's ok and there is some interesting bits going on but generally I'd agree with Ivan here. I'd also add that I'd like more musical dynamics in the track generally - perhaps more use of automated levels during the mixing. A lack of structure doesn't worry me much here but without it he needs something that will hold and maintain interest more - Autechre are very good at this.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Feb 16 2010, 07:38 AM
GMC:er
Interesting. Let me check a lil' more before feedbacking....

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Feb 23 2010, 05:38 PM
Instructor
I like the synthesis, the noises are surprising,

but I agree that its randomness tends to be too much and the listener tends to lose it

damn radio, it has our brains programmed

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:06 AM