Ibanez Js 1000, Is it worth to buy?
ErikEklund
Oct 13 2008, 05:39 PM
GMC:er
I have thought about buying a new guitar for a very long time now. Now I have an Yamaha AES 620 but and I am thinking of buying an Ibanez JS 1000 Black Pearl. http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product...itar?sku=519439
If I am going to buy it, I am going to order it from USA so I can not test the guitar before I buy it. I have thought about buying this guitar for a while but non of the music stores here in sweden have it.

my questions is just:

has anyone tested the guitar? and what did you thought about it?

and is Musiciansfriend.com a good site to order from? smile.gif

(sorry for my english) ^^

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
MickeM
Oct 13 2008, 05:41 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
I wonder if they will ship it to sweden, I'm not so sure about that.

Plenty of guitar companies are aware prices are lower in the USA so in order to protect other markets they have struck a deal with music shops to never ship abroad. And if they do they can lose their licence to carry that brand.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jer
Oct 13 2008, 05:42 PM
I cant comment on the guitar.

I have had so so luck with Musicians Friend.

Accessories I bought were packed horribly and got banged up when delivered.

Other stuff was fine.

One time I had a VERY slow order. It didnt ship for 4 days after they said it would. I ultimately cancelled and bought locally.

Its been about 50/50 for me.

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Oct 13 2008, 05:43 PM
Well, if you like strats then you will love the JS 1000. smile.gif Js1000 is a bi more modern with the floyd and pickups, but same feel really as a strat imho.

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Oct 13 2008, 05:45 PM
Instructor
I have read reviews about this guitar and all they say is 100% great. Why don't you want to buy it from your local store? You can also test it there. Is it more expensive or you think it might not be the original product? When you transport something from USA, you're taking a bit of a risk of damage. One of 50 guitars don't have perfectly straight neck so it's always recomended to try before buy.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Oct 13 2008, 05:49 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Oct 13 2008, 06:45 PM) *
I have read reviews about this guitar and all they say is 100% great. Why don't you want to buy it from your local store? You can also test it there. Is it more expensive or you think it might not be the original product? When you transport something from USA, you're taking a bit of a risk of damage. One of 50 guitars don't have perfectly straight neck so it's always recomended to try before buy.

not one of the local stores where I live and in the towns around here would order it so I have not had the opportunity to try it, and it would be a lot more expensive.

Thanks for your help guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Oct 14 2008, 12:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
I also am a little ambivalent about Musicians Friend - they can be slow and a little uncommunicative although they have always delivered ok eventually,

I have found zzounds.com to be better - for me at least they can deliver overnight and have great prices.

My absolute favourite though is sweetwater.com - their service is amazing - they have real people who call you after an order is placed and check things over with you and give great advice. They also ship internationally, but I suggest you call and talk to them rather than oredering online if you want to do that.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Oct 14 2008, 01:03 PM
Seems 1600 bucks is kinda pricey on a non USA guitar... just my opinion...

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 01:07 PM
You can't order with Musician's Friend as they won't sell Ibanez guitars to people outside of USA. As MickeM said Ibanez have deals with all sellers of Ibanez guitars to not sell outside of USA.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ErikEklund
Oct 14 2008, 02:42 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Oct 14 2008, 01:50 PM) *
I also am a little ambivalent about Musicians Friend - they can be slow and a little uncommunicative although they have always delivered ok eventually,

I have found zzounds.com to be better - for me at least they can deliver overnight and have great prices.

My absolute favourite though is sweetwater.com - their service is amazing - they have real people who call you after an order is placed and check things over with you and give great advice. They also ship internationally, but I suggest you call and talk to them rather than oredering online if you want to do that.

Thanks!

I am really going to take a look at those sites smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 02:44 PM
QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Oct 14 2008, 02:42 PM) *
Thanks!

You can't order off any of those sites in Sweden I'm afraid. They don't ship Guitars out of USA as they have manufacturer restrictions

You can buy off ebay shops if you find one on there and they ship to Sweden.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Oct 14 2008, 03:02 PM
You can't buy from musiciansfriend, as states above...

Here you have a KILLER deal:Ibanes JS 20th anniversary

The guy is trustworthy, I have bought high-priced guitars from him.

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Davidian
Oct 14 2008, 03:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi

Maybe you can use www.thomann.de or www.musicstorekoeln.de?
I think they ship to Sweden... Not sure though

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 03:23 PM
QUOTE (Davidian @ Oct 14 2008, 03:21 PM) *
Hi

They should do yes. I just checked and they do smile.gif

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 14 2008, 03:24 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 14 2008, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (ErikEklund @ Oct 14 2008, 03:42 PM) *
Thanks!

Same problem there as I flagged for about musiciansfriend

QUOTE (Davidian @ Oct 14 2008, 04:21 PM) *
Hi

Stick to thomann.de they have a good reputation.
Musicstore.de has no customer service what so ever. As said in another thread there's a couple of us here who got broken things from there and then just got ignored when we tried to contact them to have it fixed.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 03:36 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 14 2008, 03:32 PM) *
Same problem there as I flagged for about musiciansfriend

I feel I say the same thing to people everyday lol. We should have a FAQ section and that question should be number 1. Q: Can I buy this guitar from [insert USA website here]? A: No due to manufacturers restrictions however you may find the guitar on ebay stores that will send internationally.

But you can buy within the EU no problem but the problem is they are still way overpriced. Best bet is ebay stores. Like the link above.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 14 2008, 03:42 PM
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Oct 14 2008, 04:02 PM) *
You can't buy from musiciansfriend, as states above...

Here you have a KILLER deal:Ibanes JS 20th anniversary

The guy is trustworthy, I have bought high-priced guitars from him.

That sure looks like a good price !!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 03:44 PM
I always buy my guitars from ebay stores and eventually you get contacts that you buy off regularly. I always save about 800-1000 UK pounds when I buy from America which is a huge amount. I've bought a few from Canada also.

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Oct 14 2008, 03:44 PM

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 14 2008, 03:46 PM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Oct 14 2008, 04:36 PM) *
I feel I say the same thing to people everyday lol. We should have a FAQ section and that question should be number 1. Q: Can I buy this guitar from [insert USA website here]? A: No due to manufacturers restrictions however you may find the guitar on ebay stores that will send internationally.

But you can buy within the EU no problem but the problem is they are still way overpriced. Best bet is ebay stores. Like the link above.

Yeah I feel the same. I keep repeating myself, two times in this post alone for me and also your post and we both got ignored laugh.gif While new US sites were suggested and we repeated ourselves again only to get ignored once more laugh.gif

I think we should have a popup that displays automatiocally if a US store is requested and the one who puts the question in not in the US. A fairly easy solution biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 03:47 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 14 2008, 03:46 PM) *
I think we should have a popup that displays automatiocally if a US store is requested and the one who puts the question in not in the US. A fairly easy solution biggrin.gif

That would be an awesome solution smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 09:07 AM