5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Epic Pop Collab, Let's make a tasty tune.
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2017, 02:39 PM
Instructor
Hello friends! Welcome to a new GMC collaboration!

This time I'll use the backing of my Ed Sheeran lesson which is an epic pop acoustic ballad that could become a killer song with the help of you. We could make this one with vocals or instrumental, it depends on the material that I receive here. Everything is welcome.

There are only two requisites: try to make simple and tasty stuff for this one. smile.gif

This is the backing track: Attached File  Epic_Pop_Collab___GuitarMasterClass.net.mp3 ( 3.75MB ) Number of downloads: 528

Tempo: 105 bpm

The chord progression is:

Intro: E - B - C#m - A

Verse: E - B - C#m - A

Pre-chorus: F#m - E/G# - A

Chorus: E - B - C#m - A

The scale suggested is E major, or E Pentatonic Major.

IF YOU NEED HELP LET ME KNOW! I'M HERE TO GUIDE YOU.

IMPORTANT INFO About files required:

In order to make the things easier for compiling takes and mixing I need that each participant shares 3 files:

- Audio file with the mix of the backing and your guitar.
- Audio file only with your guitar (If possible this audio should have the same length than the mix version)
- Video of you playing the solo, and if it's not possible a picture. (Mp4 format if it's possible)

The best way to share this is compressing in a zip file to be downloaded from here or using sharing service as dropbox, wetransfer, and copying the link here.

If you decide to share your files using soundcloud please remember to "allow downloads".

Thanks!

DEADLINE: April 27 th

PS: Are you a new member? A GMC collaboration is based on a backing track over which you can add your playing (solos, arrangements, vocals, other instruments) and share it here. Then I'll mix everything to build a full song.

Who is in?? smile.gif

So this is the final work for this one:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: May 5 2017, 04:52 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Apr 7 2017, 03:58 PM
GMC:er
Yep, I'm in Gab!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2017, 04:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Apr 7 2017, 11:58 AM) *
Yep, I'm in Gab!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Welcome!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 7 2017, 04:14 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab, Hi SJones

Very nice track, I think I'will in smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2017, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Cool! Welcome MisterM!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2017, 04:57 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Time allowing I'm in smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 7 2017, 05:11 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Major key! ph34r.gif The backing is quite uplifting.... not sure I know what to do with that cool.gif
I'll give it a go smile.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2017, 06:18 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 7 2017, 01:11 PM) *
Major key! ph34r.gif The backing is quite uplifting.... not sure I know what to do with that cool.gif
I'll give it a go smile.gif

Follow the chords. Start by finding the third of each chord and play them. Then slowly start connecting this thirds with other notes from the scale. That's a good trick. wink.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 7 2017, 12:57 PM) *
Time allowing I'm in smile.gif

Welcome friend! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 7 2017, 06:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm in. Can I give some vocals a shot? biggrin.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2017, 09:22 PM
I had a bit of a mess around. I haven't got my Atomic now and the Helix will be some days yet so I just pulled something out of my GT100.

The tone is not good for the piece but I've put an idea down for you to listen to. I thought about finding a better clean tone and then as the tension builds, adding some drive to it, but that's down the road.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/epic-pop-messing-take-1

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 7 2017, 10:02 PM
Learning Roadie
i'm in, even if do not have lots of time because of a new job.....

a preview take..... wink.gif

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 7 2017, 10:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Here's my first chorus idea. I'll try and record it better tomorrow. I can't really kick through on singing as it's almost 00:00 here.

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/chorus-idea-2

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Apr 7 2017, 11:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 7 2017, 11:50 PM
NICE!!! I can't believe how much progress you have made on your vocals!! CONGRATS!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 7 2017, 05:49 PM) *
Here's my first chorus idea. I'll try and record it better tomorrow. I can't really kick through on singing as it's almost 00:00 here.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 8 2017, 12:33 AM
I can't wait to see how it turns out!! I really like BENS vocals!!

Todd

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2017, 10:04 AM
Great singing Ben smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2017, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 7 2017, 05:22 PM) *
I had a bit of a mess around. I haven't got my Atomic now and the Helix will be some days yet so I just pulled something out of my GT100.

The tone is not good for the piece but I've put an idea down for you to listen to. I thought about finding a better clean tone and then as the tension builds, adding some drive to it, but that's down the road.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/epic-pop-messing-take-1

Hi Phil! I really like this! In the case you don't get your Helix, could you please send me a direct guitar take, without any pedal or emulator? In this case I can assign one of my favorite plug ins to improve this tone. What do you think?

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Apr 7 2017, 06:02 PM) *
i'm in, even if do not have lots of time because of a new job.....

a preview take..... wink.gif

Cheers

Laurent

Nice Laurent! I like your ideas here. I enjoyed a lot the tapping pattern. Please find the time to send me this one or an updated version of this solo. smile.gif

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 7 2017, 06:49 PM) *

Wou!! This will be killer! That's a great first demo man! I'm happy to know that we will have vocals on this one. A new GMC hit is coming.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Apr 8 2017, 07:25 PM
Learning Roadie
have a new way to play the whole track, with only tapping !! no shred

soon !!

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2017, 09:28 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 8 2017, 04:49 PM) *
Hi Phil! I really like this! In the case you don't get your Helix, could you please send me a direct guitar take, without any pedal or emulator? In this case I can assign one of my favorite plug ins to improve this tone. What do you think?

Attached File  Epic_Pop_messing_take_1_guitar_only_no_process.mp3 ( 1.16MB ) Number of downloads: 479

There you go Gab, this was a bit of ear training for me as I only knew what notes were first in each little piece. I think I went for thirds on the chord changes but I may be wrong G#, D#, F# and C#

Can you tell me what it is you like about it please?

I will try to evolve it some more, after that part the backing gets stronger so I was going to add a tiny little bit of drive and some bending phrases.

Thanks

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Apr 8 2017, 09:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 9 2017, 01:20 AM
Learning Rock Star
Working a bit on the verse and pre-chorus, still very raw and I want to add some more stuff:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/verse-prechorus-wip

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Apr 9 2017, 04:44 AM
You have a very rich texture to your singing voice. Singing is something that genetics play a part in. Anyone can learn to sing, but unlike guitar, to some degree, your genes have a big impact on your vocal chords. of course, as a guitar player your genes could give you stubby fingers or spider fingers, so there's that smile.gif But some folks are born with better pipes. You sir have a nice set of pipes!! I would encourage you to keep exploring your singing technique!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Apr 8 2017, 08:20 PM) *
Working a bit on the verse and pre-chorus, still very raw and I want to add some more stuff:

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-storm-linnebjerg/verse-prechorus-wip

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:30 PM