Dumb Luck
The Uncreator
Sep 8 2011, 11:13 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
So to day, my starter went bad on my car. Tracked one down that was local and not out of town and for a decent price ($104.99). Got my old starter out, which was horrific, then installed the new one. The new one turns out to be bad, and now I have to wait until they can get a new one in, forcing me to miss two days of work.

Anyone else have really dumb luck like this?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 9 2011, 01:54 AM
Instructor
yeah, I bet we all do. Don't take it personally or think it's just you because we all have these bad luck stuff happening sometimes,

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 9 2011, 02:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
our toliet was clogged, I TRIED A TOLIET snake -didn't work,so I proceded to try a 15ft sink snake - came off the reel and got stuck in my drain-eventually had to pullup the toliet , turns out it was a toy monkey caught at the pee-trap af the toilet and around the same time my wife ran over the outside cleanout with the mower and before we could get anew cover on it, our "boy" ( the same on that thru the monkey in the toilet) put a rock and a plastic cup in the drain, these have cost me about 400 US so far and the 15ft snake is still there( the plumber recomemded leaving it as it might never become a problem)

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2011, 02:34 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 8 2011, 06:13 PM) *
So to day, my starter went bad on my car. Tracked one down that was local and not out of town and for a decent price ($104.99). Got my old starter out, which was horrific, then installed the new one. The new one turns out to be bad, and now I have to wait until they can get a new one in, forcing me to miss two days of work.

Sadly yes. sad.gif But don't let it get you down. Bad crap happening is really just a chance to "practice" dealing with things. And like everything else, practice makes perfect. So try to look at each one of these as a chance to work on your "ZEN". That way you can try to draw something positive out of it. Eventually, folks will tell you "wow, nothing seems to shake you up?" then you can tell them you have spent serious time practicing your Zen!

+Quote Post
JD_
Sep 9 2011, 07:31 AM
Learning Roadie
Yes I believe we have all encounted dumb luck at some stage....Mine is more Ironic and stoopid luck....

I had recently returned from a deployment to Afghanistan for 9 months, got into some pretty sticky situations indeed, luck was definatly on my side. 2nd day back at work we were playing a friendly game of soccer that turned a bit silly, i launched myself into the air in the hopes of of performing a spectacular headbutt, when 2 other blokes also jumped in the air, we all collided and i fell onto my left ankle breaking it in 2 places, the pain was pretty decent.....A few guys rushed over and started to help me out.....They were asking "Are you ok mate?" and they were a bit suprised by my answer....

"Of course I am ok, it's just my ankle, I can still play Guitar!" cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 9 2011, 10:17 AM
Instructor
Yeah I had minor scratch on my front glass of the car, and payed 150e for fixing it, only to find out couple of days later that I could do it for 50e no problem, but buying a second hand that is as good as new. Well, it happens..

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 9 2011, 10:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Sep 9 2011, 07:31 AM) *
"Of course I am ok, it's just my ankle, I can still play Guitar!" cool.gif

That is a legendary answer ! laugh.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 8 2011, 11:13 PM) *

That really blows ! That's the trouble with car parts.. we're over a barrel with it because we can't do without them so we're forced to pay whatever the asking price is dry.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Sep 9 2011, 12:41 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Sep 9 2011, 02:23 AM) *
our toliet was clogged, I TRIED A TOLIET snake -didn't work,so I proceded to try a 15ft sink snake - came off the reel and got stuck in my drain-eventually had to pullup the toliet , turns out it was a toy monkey caught at the pee-trap af the toilet and around the same time my wife ran over the outside cleanout with the mower and before we could get anew cover on it, our "boy" ( the same on that thru the monkey in the toilet) put a rock and a plastic cup in the drain, these have cost me about 400 US so far and the 15ft snake is still there( the plumber recomemded leaving it as it might never become a problem)

Had kind of the same thing with ours - neighbours kid put his toy car down and I ended up having to remove the toilet, cystern and inside trap to get it. We also had a bird that got in to our septic tank via the exhaust gas pipe. It then got stuck and died along way up the drain and blocked it. Had to get it from the septic tank end and it was not easy to get out.

Bad luck though - got a call from a good friend and client of our mastering studio last month. His recording studio was broken in to, lots of kit stolen or trashed and the thieves also smeared dirt and excrement over everything and then tried to set fire to it. He's had the studio broken in to before and stuff smashed or stolen. This time though he's had enough and he's decided to give up and retire. I'm really gutted that this has happened to him because he's a great engineer and he also a nice guy. (He used to train a lot of poor kids in the barrio how to record and mix and let themand local musicians use the studio for free.) It also means that we lost a valued client and quite a bit of income all at once.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:46 AM