11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Gmc For Free?
PlayAllDay
Jan 6 2008, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
I guess its a bit like the wiki page - your articles will be edited mercilessly by the community , so be aware of that before you choose to write one...
and your threads will be discussed mercilessly also; as we all have opinions and love to talk , joke, laugh, be happy, like each other very much, say we disagree in an agreeable fashion etc etc laugh.gif
So if nobody takes anything too personally we will all be fine.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Joey
Jan 7 2008, 03:15 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Jan 1 2008, 09:35 AM) *
Guys, $10 USD a month?

Thats pretty much free, thats like lunch money for an elemtary school kid every day.

hell im in high school and lunch is 10 bucks a week lol

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Joey: Jan 7 2008, 03:16 AM

+Quote Post
Rolls
Jan 7 2008, 01:22 PM
Here are my 2 cents :

I think having the word "Free" in the advertisements is vital. The more people who view the site the better. As you all know it is not only instructors giving advice on lessons and tips/tricks etc., but members as well. Also, having potential new instructors checking the site out is always a good thing. The more different styles/types of lessons the better.

Does the advertisement say "ALL GUITAR LESSONS ARE FREE?" or "FREE GUITAR LESSONS?" There are free guitar lessons and lessons that you must be a member to get the full deal. I personally am extremely happy with the way things are now at GMC. I playing continues to improve everyday by using this site and I know I wouldn't be at the same level without this site.

Cheers,
Rolls

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 7 2008, 02:47 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Pls read history posts, this has already been discussed to very deep height and all the thread opener actually pleased this thread to be closed. Havent happened yet, but I think it would be suitable, to leave him a rest.

With regards,
Phoenix

This post has been edited by Jakub Luptovec: Jan 7 2008, 02:48 PM

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 7 2008, 02:51 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Jakub Luptovec @ Jan 7 2008, 01:47 PM) *
Pls read history posts, this has already been discussed to very deep height and all the thread opener actually pleased this thread to be closed. Havent happened yet, but I think it would be suitable, to leave him a rest.

With regards,
Phoenix

I agree its been discussed in length but if someone wants to add an opinion that hasnt already then I think its their right to do so, they may even have an idea that is worth discussing further, who knows, if you arent happy with the thread (or the topic starter) then dont read it wink.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Jan 7 2008, 02:52 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 7 2008, 04:38 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 7 2008, 08:51 AM) *
I agree its been discussed in length but if someone wants to add an opinion that hasnt already then I think its their right to do so, they may even have an idea that is worth discussing further, who knows, if you arent happy with the thread (or the topic starter) then dont read it wink.gif

+1 !

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 7 2008, 05:23 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Jan 7 2008, 02:51 PM) *

Absolutely!!
This is not a matter of just few member but whole community.
Thanks to thread opener of course!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jan 9 2008, 02:31 AM
Moderation Policy Director
Interesting perspective from Mark, who just joined after browsing the free stuff for a year :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=115827

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 9 2008, 10:06 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jan 9 2008, 02:31 AM) *
Interesting perspective from Mark, who just joined after browsing the free stuff for a year :

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=115827

You are right Andrew that's very interesting! Thanks for connecting that topic to this thread! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 9 2008, 10:15 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 9 2008, 09:06 AM) *
You are right Andrew that's very interesting! Thanks for connecting that topic to this thread! biggrin.gif

Andrew beat me too it, It gave me a big smile when I saw it biggrin.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
JWBauer
Jan 9 2008, 07:29 PM
Yah! The free caught my attention too and I used the "free" lessons to get a feel for the site. If I didn't like what I saw I would have just gone somewhere else. The going rate for personal lessons her where I live is about $25-$35 per half hour. For what I pay for 1 hour of personal lessons I can create my own lesson plan and learn what I want to learn when I want to learn it. Shoot for a half hour lesson you just start getting warmed up and then it's time to go. Love this site!

--------------------
Ibanez AS73-TCR, Esteban American Legacy Starlight Limited Edition,
Esteban Granada Classical, Esteban Midnight Steel Limited Edition
Line 6 Spider III 15w

Buy AS73 at Musiciansfriend.com

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jan 11 2008, 08:51 PM
Well, people who see that GMC is not completely free and leave because of this reason should really leave and never come back again because i guess they are all ***** ****!!! I find the GMC fee is nothing. Actually I really like to pay this little amout of money because it's very very well invested for me. It may sound strange but I really like to pay those guys because they are not only professional guitar players but they also know how to teach things and that is definetely the keypoint. I used to have a private "real instructor" and he taught me almost nothing at all even though he was a damn good player. But he was a complete loser in teaching things and I paid 55 Euros a month ! So keep providing us with great stuff GMC instructors !I'Ve been learning ten times more for those 2 month since I am a member with gmc than in almost 3 years in my "real" guitar lessons.
All of those guys should take this into consideration!!!!!!

As Muris sais - thanks for the great words but please watch your language.--Kris

This post has been edited by Kristofer Dahl: Jan 11 2008, 09:31 PM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 11 2008, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jan 11 2008, 08:51 PM) *
cheap jerks

Thanks for great post but please watch out for words like this,ok?

Thanks once more!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Nighthawk1
Jan 11 2008, 10:00 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 11 2008, 08:56 PM) *
Thanks for great post but please watch out for words like this,ok?

Thanks once more!! smile.gif

Oh, ok yes I will !!!
Cya

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 11 2008, 11:53 PM
QUOTE (Nighthawk @ Jan 11 2008, 08:51 PM) *
Well, people who see that GMC is not completely free and leave because of this reason should really leave and never come back again because i guess they are all ***** ****!!! I find the GMC fee is nothing. Actually I really like to pay this little amout of money because it's very very well invested for me. It may sound strange but I really like to pay those guys because they are not only professional guitar players but they also know how to teach things and that is definetely the keypoint. I used to have a private "real instructor" and he taught me almost nothing at all even though he was a damn good player. But he was a complete loser in teaching things and I paid 55 Euros a month ! So keep providing us with great stuff GMC instructors !I'Ve been learning ten times more for those 2 month since I am a member with gmc than in almost 3 years in my "real" guitar lessons.
All of those guys should take this into consideration!!!!!!

I have to say something you:

You say your guitar teacher teached you less that gmc but was more expensive.
You have half an hour or an hour a week with your guitar-teacher while you can practise gmc the whole day. How could he ever teach you as much in less time. one hour vs. 15 hours??

In fact gmc can not replace my guitar-teacher because it's a different kind of learning and communicating.
A "real" teacher can provide you more than you may think. F.e. tell you how to adjust the guitar and stuff like that.
At gmc it's almost only learning lessons (I know the collaborations, but I don't like to record and transfer via internet).
With a teacher you can jamm, you learn how to improvise the right way and it's more straight fortward, I think.

Instead of gmc you could also use the tabs from ultimateguitar and learn songs from bands you like. Sorry for saying this but it's true.
A friend of mine did so and he got sooooo fast on guitar in such a short time. I was damn jealous and because I'm lazy I decided to join gmc.

Don't get me wrong I like it here, the lessons offer me more styles than I would ever find on UG, but if you are just about to improve speed etc than it's just learning. No matter where.

So what I finally want to say is: You learn the most with teacher AND gmc (UG, or whatever) because you're not only sitting alone in your room in front of the pc to practise.
That would drive me insane by the time.

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 12 2008, 02:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 11 2008, 11:53 PM) *
A friend of mine did so and he got sooooo fast on guitar in such a short time. I was damn jealous and because I'm lazy I decided to join gmc.

Don't tell us THIS is the issue? blink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 12 2008, 02:14 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 12 2008, 02:06 PM) *
Don't tell us THIS is the issue? blink.gif

You may dislike me for saying that.
Ok I also wanted to learn tapping and stuff but seriously I'm too lazy learn the whole song from tabulature.
I need something visual.

And I think that's what almost all people want here.
If I request a lesson "In style of ..." couldn't I just download a tab and learn a song from that band? Would be the same effect.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 12 2008, 02:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 12 2008, 02:14 PM) *
You may dislike me for saying that.
Ok I also wanted to learn tapping and stuff but seriously I'm too lazy learn the whole song from tabulature.
I need something visual.

And I think that's what almost all people want here.
If I request a lesson "In style of ..." couldn't I just download a tab and learn a song from that band? Would be the same effect.

I'm sorry to hear all this so no further comments from me on the subject,sorry.

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 12 2008, 02:27 PM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 12 2008, 02:25 PM) *
I'm sorry to hear all this so no further comments from me on the subject,sorry.

It's okay for me, cause we all have our own opinions.
Mine seems to be unpopluar but however I will always tell.

You could tell us, what you think gmc provides that tabulators can't, instead of being upset.

This post has been edited by Constie: Jan 12 2008, 02:32 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 12 2008, 02:32 PM
Get to da Chopper!
GMC as a last resort. interesting.

Was a first choice for me cool.gif

edit: you'ce gotta remember that GMC offers advice such as the though process and theory behind each lesson- something that isnt explained in a tablature. Also you are paying for a helpful community that stay patient and always want to help.

Fine you cant jam- but there are collaborations with helpful feedback on each entry (and there are many many different styles to choose from) but back to jamming, iv seen NINJAM mentioned a few times and i wouldnt mind checking it out smile.gif

Unfortunatley my minds all ready made up about the benefits of GMC, maybe i've just got too loyal over the past year, maybe it is how you see it? Either way, GMC works for me and i plan on staying for atleast a half-decade biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Jan 12 2008, 02:38 PM

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:41 PM