6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
World Of Warcraft Players..
Zsolt Galambos
May 4 2010, 11:07 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
I used to play Wow, had a lvl 70 BE rogue named Fairyn ( a chick of course ) and she was pretty unbeatable, I owned about 90% in PVP. I loved hunting in major cities and towns soooo much. But when WOTLK came out, Blizz nerfed rogues so much that I started lvling other chars but got tired and angry, so I quit. Playing good music in a band is much more fun now biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
quadrium
Feb 16 2011, 01:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
Got a lvl 85 hunter named Pointér on Ravenholdt.Feel free to join me smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by quadrium: Feb 16 2011, 01:03 AM

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 16 2011, 03:51 AM
GMC:er
I don't play it but I know wads of folks who never stop playing it. I hear it's the video game version of Crack smile.gif I know a few "Gaming widows" as well. But I guess I also know several "Guitar Widows". The term GAMING WIDOW came in to wider use after WOW got popular. Meaning just women who get neglected as their man "Grinds" for gold and xp.

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 7 2011, 02:48 PM
Does anyone have some expirience with rogues nowadays? Lvl 85?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 7 2011, 05:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 7 2011, 06:48 AM) *

I chat in an IRC channel daily with a bunch of friends who have played/raided (and still do) since the beginning of Warcraft. I can ask them if you have any questions. They're totally into stats on all the classes/races, etc.

Cheers
Chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
bill95
Apr 7 2011, 06:54 PM
I have been playing wow since vanilla came out. Stopped after 4 weeks since arenas of s9 opened.Used to play mage in cata but have high exp on all classes except hunters.. hate them... Used to play on Sunstrider. before i quit i was on top of 3s 5s ladders, actually #2 on 5s on Rampage Battleground

QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 7 2011, 01:48 PM) *
I can help u out Zsold , if u have any questions about talents , glyphs, speccs, team combos and stuff

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 13 2011, 08:58 AM
Just wanted to know if the majority still feels that the rogue is nerfed? Or has it been improved?

--------------------

+Quote Post
bill95
Apr 13 2011, 02:51 PM
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 13 2011, 07:58 AM) *
Just wanted to know if the majority still feels that the rogue is nerfed? Or has it been improved?
I'd never say that rogues are nerfed. a sub rogue isnt known for his damage anyhow, he has tones off cc and sick mobility, basicly thats what u mostly need in a 3v3 team.About assasination now, i can say it still does a fair amount of dmg , but i cant help u further since i dont know ur specc and the combo u play.

This post has been edited by bill95: Apr 13 2011, 04:24 PM

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 13 2011, 06:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 13 2011, 12:58 AM) *

From my raiding guild

[10:07:49] <BastilleBehindU> So how are rogues these days in comparison to how they were at lvl 80 cap in raids?
[10:10:22] <pantsninja> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX9Sc88qreg
[10:10:29] <mechaGnome> YouTube - Aperture Investment Opportunity #4: "Boots"
[10:10:39] <pantsninja> I donno.. you'd have to ask Aner. We don't have any rogues raiding with us atm
[10:10:51] <pantsninja> We do have about 50 bazillion palis and druids, though!
[10:11:11] <Aner> BastilleBehindU: in what way?
[10:11:51] <pantsninja> mothoc: http://blogtorwho.blogspot.com/2011/04/imp...ay-of-moon.html
[10:12:42] <BastilleBehindU> raid value I guess. I mean are they considered "nerfed" from the previous era, stronger or valued about the same in a raid setting?
[10:13:12] <BastilleBehindU> as they used to be, from a rogue perspective
[10:13:46] <BastilleBehindU> dps, survivability standpoint?
[10:14:16] <Aner> in general, melee got hosed in cata raids, a lot of the encounters are focused around movement, target switching and lots of AoE damage, so ranged is bit more favourable
[10:14:53] <Aner> but there survivability has improved greatly with recuperate, and DPS is still competitive
[10:15:03] <Aner> when compared to other melee anyway
[10:15:12] <BastilleBehindU> is assasination still the preferred ?
[10:15:25] <BastilleBehindU> in terms of maxing dps
[10:16:17] <Aner> both combat and assassination are pretty equal, subtlety is better, but has an insanely hard rotation
[10:16:41] <Aner> there's still a lot of assassination rogues around, but for a few encounters, combat is much better at
[10:16:47] <BastilleBehindU> orly? subtelty has a higher dps if you can figure out the rotation?
[10:18:01] <Aner> even if you can nail the rotation, it's still slightly behind the other too, so it's still being used a the PvP spec

--------------------

+Quote Post
quadrium
Apr 13 2011, 07:29 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hey guys,

I'm going to ask you something. It's a bit unrelated to recent topic.(rogues smile.gif ) I used to play wow until 4 months ago. I have a 85 lvl hunter currently cata heroic geared. I have reached the required item level to enter heroics than i quit smile.gif But i want to go back now. And i want to join a good raiding guild. And it'd be great if i can be in a same guild with one of the members here. So if you interested let me know smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 13 2011, 11:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 13 2011, 12:58 AM) *

Check this out - lists DPS of classes based on recorded metrics. Interesting stuff.
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/

--------------------

+Quote Post
bill95
Apr 14 2011, 01:53 PM
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 13 2011, 10:07 PM) *
Check this out - lists DPS of classes based on recorded metrics. Interesting stuff.
http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
I expected more from ur rogue tbh, even tho i have to be in the pve stuff since Wotlk.After our guild downed lk hc i stopped raiding and rolled to pvp.Btw do u play arena?

This post has been edited by bill95: Apr 14 2011, 04:53 PM

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 14 2011, 05:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bill95 @ Apr 14 2011, 05:53 AM) *
I expected more from ur rogue tbh, even tho i have to be in the pve stuff since Wotlk.After our guild downed lk hc i stopped raiding and rolled to pvp.Btw do u play arena?

Well keep in mind too that the metrics in that table are skewed. i mean if everyone is under the impression that certain classes are better, they tend to gravitate towards those, so the samplings will reflect that, hence the "take this with a grain of salt", but it is interesting to see the cross section break downs for each sample. Also, the leader of my guild has played his rogue and does great with his rogue, but they are melee so their overall dps is going to reflect that depending on the number of simultaneous fights and how quickly those targets go down.

I played Arena a short while - never got above 1600, but I really didn't devote much time to it as I really started focusing on music so I stopped my wow account. I plan to re-up my account this summer sometime - but I do keep in touch with my guildies in IRC chat every day so I'm fairly up to date on all the latest patches, and of course I watch Azeroth Daily smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/show?p=khQKo9g2dPE&...tracker=show_av

Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post
mabuti
Apr 14 2011, 07:43 PM
QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 13 2011, 08:58 AM) *

Hi Zsolt,

the rogue is pretty powerful still. It's got a healing over time skill that you can upgrade to give you also energy over time. 12 energy every 3 seconds, and average 5% of your life healed every 3 seconds (with all talent points related). Now imagine that a 85 rogueis average 120k health points, that'll give you a 6k every 3 seconds! Activated with 5 combo points, its a 30 secs buff that also remove 6% of the damage you are taking.

You can also stealth in 4 seconds now, which makes it pretty convenient! I've heard that in the coming patch (anytime), the stealth skill will be instant and the speed wont be lowered when in stealth mode, but increased of average 15%.

Instant stealth, faster speed, heal over time, damage reduction... the rogue is still pretty strong and definitly a pleasure to play smile.gif

Oh yes, not the least of the improvments :the RESILIENCE doesn't reduce the probability to be hit by a critical strike anymore!! It just reduces the amount of damage that you'll take! Which means that a 40% critical rogue is not nerfed anymore, he'll keep is critical chances all along smile.gif

I would say that the main thing that changed for rogues, is that you cant kill instantly or quickly someone. Everybody can heal somehow, everybody has 120k health, so the fights are quite long...

I personnally just quit playing today because it was taking too much of my time...

Rogue power!

ciao
mabuti

This post has been edited by mabuti: Apr 14 2011, 08:04 PM

+Quote Post
bill95
Apr 14 2011, 08:20 PM
QUOTE (mabuti @ Apr 14 2011, 06:43 PM) *
Hi Zsolt,

the rogue is pretty powerful still. It's got a healing over time skill that you can upgrade to give you also energy over time. 12 energy every 3 seconds, and average 5% of your life healed every 3 seconds (with all talent points related). Now imagine that a 85 rogueis average 120k health points, that'll give you a 6k every 3 seconds! Activated with 5 combo points, its a 30 secs buff that also remove 6% of the damage you are taking.

You can also stealth in 4 seconds now, which makes it pretty convenient! I've heard that in the coming patch (anytime), the stealth skill will be instant and the speed wont be lowered when in stealth mode, but increased of average 15%.

Instant stealth, faster speed, heal over time, damage reduction... the rogue is still pretty strong and definitly a pleasure to play smile.gif

Oh yes, not the least of the improvments :the RESILIENCE doesn't reduce the probability to be hit by a critical strike anymore!! It just reduces the amount of damage that you'll take! Which means that a 40% critical rogue is not nerfed anymore, he'll keep is critical chances all along smile.gif

I would say that the main thing that changed for rogues, is that you cant kill instantly or quickly someone. Everybody can heal somehow, everybody has 120k health, so the fights are quite long...

I personnally just quit playing today because it was taking too much of my time...

Rogue power!

ciao
mabuti
That's exactly why i love rogues so much smile.gif

Athough Zsold, tell us about ur talents and ur combo's u play. Then ill be able to help u further

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Apr 14 2011, 08:46 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (bill95 @ Apr 14 2011, 12:20 PM) *
That's exactly why i love rogues so much smile.gif

Athough Zsold, tell us about ur talents and ur combo's u play. Then ill be able to help u further

Here's the latest PTR 4.1 notes for rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/patchnotes=4.1.0-ptr#rogue

--------------------

+Quote Post
bill95
Apr 15 2011, 12:09 PM
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Apr 14 2011, 07:46 PM) *
Here's the latest PTR 4.1 notes for rogue
http://www.wowhead.com/patchnotes=4.1.0-ptr#rogue
gg buff rogues more xD

+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:30 AM