> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Lovtscho's Composition Workout, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 2 2012, 06:44 PM
Instructor
Hi Lovtscho!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lovtscho
Nov 3 2012, 03:35 PM
GMC:er
Hey Gabriel,

thanks for adding a thread for me here.

Well to tell a bit more about me, I am a real lazy guy when it comes to guitar playing. I am 37 now and I have guitars for almost 20 years, but my playing level, regarding your system is between 2-3 I think. Maybe worse... wink.gif

I have a lot of work (office job as a design and marketing guy, plus some programming for web and stuff like this) and I am into functional training which takes a lot of time here, too. But I try to play guitar at least 2-4 times a week and watch the videos here.

In the past I wrote some music, but more on keyboards and then I recorded and mixed some tracks for friends. My skills seem to be much higher in the fields of mixing and engineering.

My musical taste is very versatile: I like rock, soul, metal, some hiphop, some chart stuff, reggae, blues, singer songwriter... well a lot. Regarding rock and metalstuff that I would like to play and more important would like to write songs I like the following bands most: Danko Jones, Daughtry, Nickelback, Ozzy Osbourne, Pearl Jam (The Old stuff), Seether, Shinedown, Stage Dolls. Hmm maybe some more in future posts.

What I really liked to understand is how to composed riffs based on the chordprogressions and scales you wanna use. Most of the time I start with a melody line in my head and want to find the right scales, chord progressions and than build my riffs and licks on that. But I struggle with that a lot. Especially on finding the right chords on the scale. I would also like to build riffs on scales just as a creative tool when you do not have an idea. Just as an creative tool!

Regarding video, I never recorded myself on video when strumming on my guitar. I will do asap and upload to a secret network, so noone but you can laugh about my crappy skills hahaha!

Take care and have an awesome day!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Fender Telecaster, Fame PRS Style Guitar, Ibanez S-450 (I think)
Bass: Status with graphite neck
Amp: Blackstar 5 Watt, Kemper Profiler, Yamaha THR10x.
Pedals & co: STRYMON TimeLine, EHX Soul Preacher, EHX Tone Tattoo, EHX Holy Grail Plus, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Super Ego, TC Nova System, TC Polytune, TC Dreamscape, Ibanez TS 808, Digitech Distortion Factory DF-7, CIOKS Powerunit, more to come...
Studiotechnique: Steinberg CSX interface, various mics and outboard, including Alan Smart, Audix, Beyerdynamic, CAD, Chandler, Charter Oak, Empirical Labs, Great River Electronics, Kush Audio, Lexicon, Peluso...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 3 2012, 09:04 PM
Instructor
Thanks for your info mate! You can share the "secret links" via PM with me. wink.gif

Regarding composition, the first thing that we must clarify are the concepts that we starting discussing in the Vchat session. Tonalities and harmonizing the major scale. This is your first job to do. Learn this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Triads..._Series_Part_1/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lovtscho
Feb 1 2013, 12:19 PM
Hey Gab,

I worked and still work on that one. So far I understood that the notes of the key I am writing the song or songpart in must belong to the 7 notes of the key. RIGHT?

My question is: Let's say I use the following shord sequence: C / C / F / G, When I am in my C-chord area, which notes outside of C E and G? Can I use all notes inside of the scale the song is written in (which is based on the three chords I am using)? Usually rightnow I start with a melody in my head, play it on the guitar and then I need countless hours to find the right chords. Usually I end up with powerchords, because it is easy... wink.gif

--------------------
Pedals & co: STRYMON TimeLine, EHX Soul Preacher, EHX Tone Tattoo, EHX Holy Grail Plus, EHX Big Muff Pi, EHX Super Ego, TC Nova System, TC Polytune, TC Dreamscape, Ibanez TS 808, Digitech Distortion Factory DF-7, CIOKS Powerunit, more to come...
Studiotechnique: Steinberg CSX interface, various mics and outboard, including Alan Smart, Audix, Beyerdynamic, CAD, Chandler, Charter Oak, Empirical Labs, Great River Electronics, Kush Audio, Lexicon, Peluso...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2013, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Well, that chord progression (as well as the triads from the lessons) is in C major, so you can use all the notes from that scale over each chord but you should focus on the notes from the chord (triad). The exercise could be divided in two parts, first you just follow the progression with triad notes and then add notes from the C major scale to connect this notes... experiment with this to visualize all the triads and to train your ear.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lovtscho
Feb 1 2013, 04:41 PM
Okay, thought so, thanks for clearing it up. I will work on that one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 1 2013, 07:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lovtscho @ Feb 1 2013, 12:41 PM) *
Okay, thought so, thanks for clearing it up. I will work on that one.

Ok! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lovtscho
Sep 29 2013, 04:43 PM
Hey Gab,

I still practice these a lot.

Do you have any additional ideas what I can train and what to read or do regarding songwriting?

Do you have a basic approach on singwriting, like I have a melody in my mind, now how do I find the right chords and how to create riffs for it? Any good books or tuts on that?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2013, 09:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lovtscho @ Sep 29 2013, 12:43 PM) *
Hey Gab,

I still practice these a lot.

Do you have any additional ideas what I can train and what to read or do regarding songwriting?

Do you have a basic approach on singwriting, like I have a melody in my mind, now how do I find the right chords and how to create riffs for it? Any good books or tuts on that?

Hi mate, let's do it here! Please post the melody here.. maybe in guitar pro and we can work on it. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lovtscho
Oct 14 2013, 09:08 AM
Sounds great,

I will post a melody soon. Guitar Pro sounds good.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2013, 12:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lovtscho @ Oct 14 2013, 05:08 AM) *
Sounds great,

I will post a melody soon. Guitar Pro sounds good.

Ok, I'll wait for it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2013, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! I'm back. What have you been doing this week? Do you have any new idea / melody / composition to start working?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Lovtscho
Nov 21 2013, 08:45 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 12 2013, 02:43 PM) *
Hi mate! I'm back. What have you been doing this week? Do you have any new idea / melody / composition to start working?

Hey Gabriel,

wow, just saw your PM. My computer did not tell me about it. I was off for some days doing business. But I played guitar as often as I could. I used the videos here and wonder why I did not see your PM before...?

My musiccomputer is broken rightnow. I will do my best to put something up within the next weeks, but I must fix the machine first.

Thanks for your patience!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2013, 12:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Lovtscho @ Nov 21 2013, 04:45 AM) *
Hey Gabriel,

wow, just saw your PM. My computer did not tell me about it. I was off for some days doing business. But I played guitar as often as I could. I used the videos here and wonder why I did not see your PM before...?

My musiccomputer is broken rightnow. I will do my best to put something up within the next weeks, but I must fix the machine first.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi mate! Nice to hear from you! smile.gif Don't worry about the message. I'll be waiting for your ideas!

Cheers,

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:50 PM