4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
New Gmc Instructor : Daniel Realpe!
Chris Evans
Nov 9 2009, 09:14 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
hi guys!

time for a new Instructor ! biggrin.gif

All the way from Bogota, Colombia .........

Daniel Realpe

Attached Image

A couple of youtube clips from Daniel

my personal favourite clip here is the second clip "El idioma del rock"! cool.gif

I was going to post another youtube clip from daniels page, but all of them are so great I ust couldnt decide which ones to showcase laugh.gif

Here is his page, please check out his other videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/danielrrjd

His instructor profile vid is also well worth a watch too! check it out HERE!

Daniel - it gives me great pleasure to be the first to welcome you to GMC! your an awesome player, I really love your playing style!

please tell us a little more about yourself, what made you pick up the guitar & who influenced you the most during the early years

once again welcome to GMC!! biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Chris Evans: Nov 10 2009, 08:53 PM

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Nov 9 2009, 09:18 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Wow! Welcome Daniel, some Serious chops there man, I think you will fit in quite nicely here at GMC. Again, welcome man! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Nov 9 2009, 09:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
\m/ all the way tongue.gif Cool clip Daniel!! Can't wait wink.gif Nice emotive solos!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 09:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Nov 9 2009, 09:21 PM) *
\m/ all the way tongue.gif Cool clip Daniel!! Can't wait wink.gif Nice emotive solos!!

Thank you so much! it´s nice to be part of this amazing site! I hope to be of great help.

QUOTE (skennington @ Nov 9 2009, 09:18 PM) *
Wow! Welcome Daniel, some Serious chops there man, I think you will fit in quite nicely here at GMC. Again, welcome man! cool.gif

Thank you for the great welcome! and thanks for the comment

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Chokehold
Nov 9 2009, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
Welcome to GMC, looking forward to see your lessons. smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Hellraiser C-7, Epiphone SG, Some old fake Strat, and an acoustic of unknown brand.
Amp: Marshall MG 30DFX.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 09:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Nov 9 2009, 09:14 PM) *
hi guys!

time for a new Instructor ! biggrin.gif

All the way from Bogota, Columbia .........

Daniel Realpe

Attached Image

A couple of youtube clips from Daniel

my personal favourite clip here is the second clip "El idioma del rock"! cool.gif

I was going to post another youtube clip from daniels page, but all of them are so great I ust couldnt decide which ones to showcase laugh.gif

Here is his page, please check out his other videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/danielrrjd

His instructor profile vid is also well worth a watch too! check it out HERE!

Daniel - it gives me great pleasure to be the first to welcome you to GMC! your an awesome player, I really love your playing style!

please tell us a little more about yourself, what made you pick up the guitar & who influenced you the most during the early years

once again welcome to GMC!! biggrin.gif

Hi Chris and hi everyone at GMC! smile.gif

It´s great to be part of this great site! There is so much talent in here and so many things to learn, I´m catching up!

The "November Rain" videoclip from Guns N Roses is what made me pick up the guitar. Slash just looked so cool there, and his solos and tone are just perfect, I couldn´t understand it back then, but I surely felt it,

He is definitely an influence, and of course Kirk Hammett from Metallica, I considered him like the best player in the universe for 5-6 years, when I was like 12, his playing has so much personality. Brian May was also one guitarist I really enjoyed, but his playing was so alien to me, I didn´t even bother trying to play some of his stuff at that time.

Then I was introduced to Dimebag Darrell, and again I felt like it was impossible, so much expression in his solos. By that time I realized the guitar had something very special and a very important roll in Rock n Roll, hehe. So I started looking for solo guitarists. I then found Yngwie, Marty Friedman, Jason Becker, Vinnie Moore, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani. And I just thought that this was the perfect music, it had everything.

Since then I´ve been listening to different guitarists and styles of music. I even joined an excellent university in Bogotá to study music, Universidad Javeriana.

This career opened my mind to other genres, styles and music eras and also cleared my mind theorically to what was going on. I ended up realizing that rock n roll was not really that complicated, there are far more complex types of music. But it´s definitely my favorite genre. I think it´s the fact that it is so daring and always breaking rules.

In the end, it´s all about creating, and that means breaking something sometimes. Ok, but you have to know what you are breaking. Anyway, I´m on that path for now.

Thanks for reading, take care, and let me know of anything that I can help you with,

Cheers,

Daniel Realpe smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Nov 9 2009, 09:48 PM
Instructor
Impressive technique, welcome to GMC Daniel smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 09:53 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chokehold @ Nov 9 2009, 09:40 PM) *
Welcome to GMC, looking forward to see your lessons. smile.gif

Thank you! Looking forward to have them published,

The graphic you have on your signature, I had a discussion about those types of things the other day...

If you perceive it like it is moving then it´s moving, isn´t it?

it´s imposible to perceive it still,

Makes you think on what´s real and what isn´t,

QUOTE (Dejan Farkas @ Nov 9 2009, 09:48 PM) *
Impressive technique, welcome to GMC Daniel smile.gif

Thank you very much!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
arctic1234
Nov 9 2009, 09:56 PM
Learning Tone Master
Wow! You are truly a great player, and I'm really looking forward to your lessons! cool.gif

Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

--------------------

"Fake it ´til you make it"

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 09:59 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (arctic1234 @ Nov 9 2009, 09:56 PM) *
Wow! You are truly a great player, and I'm really looking forward to your lessons! cool.gif

Welcome to GMC! smile.gif

Thank you very much!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Nov 9 2009, 10:12 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Daniel Realpe @ Nov 9 2009, 08:43 PM) *
and of course Kirk Hammett from Metallica, I considered him like the best player in the universe for 5-6 years, when I was like 12, his playing has so much personality.

Excellent post!! smile.gif

how old were you when you first started playing, 12?

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Nov 9 2009, 10:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Welcome to GMC Daniel! Looking forward to your lessons! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
vampire18
Nov 9 2009, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
i love you style and you influences, really up my alley, looking forward to lessons from you
welcome to gmc

--------------------

+Quote Post
del-4fr53e3
Nov 9 2009, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome here! Looking forward to your lessons smile.gif

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 10:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Chris Evans @ Nov 9 2009, 10:12 PM) *
Excellent post!! smile.gif

how old were you when you first started playing, 12?

My parents put me and my older brother to acoustic guitar lessons when I was 9, so I learned the basic chords with a teacher. C-D-E-G-A (and the minor ones), but he was teaching us to play some traditional songs and christmas carols that we didn´t really enjoy mad.gif . Then my dad bought an electric guitar, and I couldn´t play at all, and I didn´t have distortion, I didn´t even know what it was!

so I got tired of it and quit. Then, after like two years of intense football playing, I watched this Guns N Roses video, "November rain" and I was like: "hey, I do have an electric guitar sitting down somewhere in the house" and I picked it up, dusted it a little, put strings on it and started making noise again.

Someone in the neighborhood spoke about distortion and how rock bands used it, and I remember listening to one for the first time, it was like "oh, that´s how they do it!". So I went and bought a multieffects pedal with distortion on it, and then things started to sound a lot more close to the original recordings of bands, at least for me, so I really got motivated from there, and haven´t put it down since!

Just the feeling of being able to sound like someone I admire is amazing!

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Nov 9 2009, 10:18 PM) *
Welcome to GMC Daniel! Looking forward to your lessons! smile.gif

Thank you! looking forward to help out!

QUOTE (Sollesnes @ Nov 9 2009, 10:23 PM) *
Welcome here! Looking forward to your lessons smile.gif

Thank you! Looking forward to share them

QUOTE (vampire18 @ Nov 9 2009, 10:20 PM) *
i love you style and you influences, really up my alley, looking forward to lessons from you
welcome to gmc

Thank you! Looking forward to share some lessons. Let me know if you need any help

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Tolek
Nov 9 2009, 10:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Daniel, welcome to GMC! smile.gif
I remember when I first saw your GI entry. I was like: "Wow, great wah-lick!" And now, you´re here! Awesome! biggrin.gif I´m looking forward to your lessons. wink.gif

Have a good time here!

+Quote Post
Sergio Dorado
Nov 9 2009, 10:48 PM
Flamenco Instructor
Impressive technique! It looks that I will enjoy a lot your lessons. Welcome! Bienvenido

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
newguyatgmc
Nov 9 2009, 10:52 PM
GMC:er
Holy Guitar!!! Those were some awesome chops.....Welcome to GMC my friend.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Nov 9 2009, 11:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Nov 9 2009, 10:47 PM) *
Daniel, welcome to GMC! smile.gif
I remember when I first saw your GI entry. I was like: "Wow, great wah-lick!" And now, you´re here! Awesome! biggrin.gif I´m looking forward to your lessons. wink.gif

Have a good time here!

Thank you very much! Yeah, I really enjoy playing that one live. Thanks man!

QUOTE (Sergio Dorado @ Nov 9 2009, 10:48 PM) *
Impressive technique! It looks that I will enjoy a lot your lessons. Welcome! Bienvenido

Thank you Sergio! Nice to be part of GMC! I hope to be very helpful,

QUOTE (newguyatgmc @ Nov 9 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Holy Guitar!!! Those were some awesome chops.....Welcome to GMC my friend.

Thanks for the warm welcome! I´m already liking it here very much!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

Gustav Mahler

+Quote Post
Artemus
Nov 9 2009, 11:22 PM
Learning Tone Seeker - CHALLENGE STAR!
Very nice introductory post. I can relate to some of those eye-opening (or should I say ear-opening) moments in our guitar adventures when you hear new artists and continually become inspired.
Nice chops you displayed there too! Great to have you around and welcome to GMC biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Myspace site here
My YouTube channel here

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 11:55 AM