Did anyone catch Headbangers Ball Weekend?
Steelkonsum
Jan 11 2007, 03:57 PM
Now, Im normally not much for MTV..in fact I try to avoid it as it was a rabid dog with horns and a flamethrower. But last weekend they had a show called Headbangers Ball Weekend where they had the history behind metal and played a great deal of good ol' tunes and new ones as well.

I thought it was very entertaining and interesting. They also had a list with the 40 greatest metal songs of all times.. If any of you caught the show, did the right song "win"? wink.gif

I sure think it did!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 15 2007, 08:53 AM
GMC Founder
Didn't watch this one - but I remember the old headbangers ball show from the nineties - which was awesome. Pehaps the best stuff on mtv ever..?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jan 15 2007, 12:57 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Saw parts of it but I didn't see who won. To me they are all winners rolleyes.gif

If Ozzy won I bet it right! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 15 2007, 11:55 PM
The winning song was Iron Man by Black Sabbath, well deserved imo.

And yea, it was definatly the best thign ever shown on mtv

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 16 2007, 09:15 AM
GMC:er
Headbangers Ball isn't as good as it used to be, nothing against Jaime(the host), but he's just boring sometimes.
I don't know about the whole Greatest Metal Songs Ever thing, because there are so many great metal songs that choosing just 40 would leave out alot of awsome songs. Plus lists of "Greatest" musical whatever rely alot on opinion. But I think that list was pretty good, but left out TONS of great songs! How can you make a list of greatest metal songs without Holy Wars!!! And where was Death!?

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 16 2007, 10:51 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 16 2007, 09:15 AM) *
Headbangers Ball isn't as good as it used to be, nothing against Jaime(the host), but he's just boring sometimes.
I don't know about the whole Greatest Metal Songs Ever thing, because there are so many great metal songs that choosing just 40 would leave out alot of awsome songs. Plus lists of "Greatest" musical whatever rely alot on opinion. But I think that list was pretty good, but left out TONS of great songs! How can you make a list of greatest metal songs without Holy Wars!!! And where was Death!?

Agreed. I also missed fantasy/speed metal but hey, for being as commercial as mtv is I thought it was pretty entertaining. The list 20-1 was pretty accurate but the 40-21 was a tad off imo tongue.gif

+Quote Post
RIP Dime
Jan 16 2007, 11:04 AM
GMC:er
Wasn't the 40 Greatest Metal Songs on VH1? But yeah, for such a mainstream channel the list was pretty good.
There was also the whole thing where they had Def Lepperd(spelling?), GnR, and AC/DC in the list. I think those bands are heavy rock, even though they influenced alot of metal bands.
I always thought Black Sabbath(the song) by Black Sabbath was the best metal song ever, just because it was the first. Victim of Changes, Painkiller, Beyond the Realms of Death, and The Hellion/Electric Eye by Judas Priest are other songs that are AWESOME!! But weren't on the list.

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
Steelkonsum
Jan 16 2007, 11:08 AM
QUOTE (RIP Dime @ Jan 16 2007, 11:04 AM) *
Wasn't the 40 Greatest Metal Songs on VH1? But yeah, for such a mainstream channel the list was pretty good.
There was also the whole thing where they had Def Lepperd(spelling?), GnR, and AC/DC in the list. I think those bands are heavy rock, even though they influenced alot of metal bands.
I always thought Black Sabbath(the song) by Black Sabbath was the best metal song ever, just because it was the first. Victim of Changes, Painkiller, Beyond the Realms of Death, and The Hellion/Electric Eye by Judas Priest are other songs that are AWESOME!! But weren't on the list.

OFF-TOPIC: forum trolling on work are we? tongue.gif

Well the list may be on VH1 but here on sweden VH1 kinda blend into MTV so I didnt even have to change channel, which was sweet 'cause Im sure the remote was several inches away.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 10:29 AM