3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Quick Licks!, Bring Your A Game!!! :)
fzalfa
Oct 31 2017, 10:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Here

This is my fxxkin take... no vids because people are around....

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/tapedeck-2-oct-31-22-21-45

Turn up the volume and enjoy

Cheers

Laurent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 1 2017, 02:43 AM
GMC:er
NICE!!! I like what you did with it! I can hear the lick in there. You are holding on the not changes which gives them
a bit more emphasis. It works out really well when done that way. I can hear that your still picking the B string quite briskly which gives it a nice counterpoint. I like the rest of the solo as well. Congrats on integrating this in to actual playing. I know this lick is a lot to ask of anyone. I plan on making the next one a bit more simple. KUDOS on being first out of the gate and the FIRST EVER GMCER to make it to ROUND 2!!!! Also, the only GMCer to have complete every existing Quick Licks (even though there are only two so far, you are still the only one to do them all) so I've added the Star of Merit to your badge. Well done!!

Attached Image

Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 31 2017, 05:30 PM) *
Hi Here

This is my fxxkin take... no vids because people are around....

https://soundcloud.com/dizy-laurent/tapedeck-2-oct-31-22-21-45

Turn up the volume and enjoy

Cheers

Laurent

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
sidthekid
Nov 25 2017, 04:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi Sarge! This is my stab at at the first 2 quick licks together, over the british metal backing track. It was fun! The first section is about lick 1, just played it along with random blues/chromatic notes. The second section is lick 2, had a tune in my mind so tried to follow that.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 25 2017, 08:40 PM
WELCOME TO QUICK LICKS!!!! Great to have you on board!!! Also great to see you using the skills you have been gaining through practice and bootcamp to create solos!!! After all, that's the whole point of all of this smile.gif These two bits are challenging to play on their own, and even more so in a solo context. You managed to get both licks in and then expand on them and make them your own which is GREAT. I love seeing folks taking these licks and making them something unique to each player. Well done there!!! I'm working on QUICK LICKS #5 right now and it wraps up the BRIT COLLAB licks. You can put 3,4 and 5 together in one solo and badge up for all three if you stick the landing!! Well played on this and a bit of good news smile.gif you just....

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (sidthekid @ Nov 25 2017, 11:40 AM) *
Hi Sarge! This is my stab at at the first 2 quick licks together, over the british metal backing track. It was fun! The first section is about lick 1, just played it along with random blues/chromatic notes. The second section is lick 2, had a tune in my mind so tried to follow that.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 25 2017, 08:41 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 25 2017, 09:40 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=754012

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 26 2017, 03:55 AM
I hate to sound like a broken record, but ... smile.gif It's really important that you don't let yourself get too hung up on speed. It's something that takes a great deal of patience and practice. That's probably what's so frustrating about it. learning to wait for speed to happen is something can only be done by doing it. Along the way it requires enormous faith in oneself that eventually, it will happen, and in spite of painfully slow gains, to keep pushing ahead. Having put in a couple of decades or so of non stop practice, I have a bit of an advantage in that I've already taken the slow path. Your seeing me closer to the end than the start. So when I post something at speed, it's to let you know what it will look like after years of work. If you can play the bit in a precise manner, at any speed, that's a victory. After that, it's time for patience, persistence and the slow path. smile.gif If you can play the quick licks at any speed, with consistency, then you are ready to share them. I don't give any extra points at all for speed. They are graded pass fail based on individual effort. Nothing more. if I can see you are trying, and playing with precision, you pass smile.gif Simple as that. I suspect you could pass them all in one go if you wanted.

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 25 2017, 04:40 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 26 2017, 09:57 AM
Thanks Todd,

I thought that we had to be at least somewhere near the speed you're playing it at. Apologies for misunderstanding. rolleyes.gif

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 27 2017, 02:15 AM
I take full responsibility. I should have been more clear. There is zero speed requirement smile.gif Just want to see you playing with some degree of precision, striking and fretting at the same time, in synch and in time. That's all smile.gif Do that and you win!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 26 2017, 04:57 AM) *
Thanks Todd,

I thought that we had to be at least somewhere near the speed you're playing it at. Apologies for misunderstanding. rolleyes.gif

Phil

+Quote Post
sidthekid
Nov 29 2017, 04:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Sarge!! Here are my next round of quick licks, 4 and 5, over the british metal collab. I love quick licks, it lets me be creative and learn some licks for later use as well!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 30 2017, 11:04 PM
Well done! It's great to see folks taking these lick and making them their own. You did some very creative work on that first lick in adding something to it each time you went through a new rotation. I also like what you did with the ascending scale! You are using very good technique in terms of your picking and fretting. Also, you are playing on a 22 fret guitar, so you don't have the same amount of fret board that folks with 24 fret guitars have. Quick question, what gauge strings are you using? It looks like your having to use a good bit of force. Are those .9 or .10 gauge? I've often swapped between .9 and .8 gauge sets just to see what feels best on a given guitar. On some guitars I end up liking the .08 sets better. They are certainly not for everyone, some folks feel that using light gauges strings makes your hand weaker. I've found the opposite to be true in that it allows me to play for longer with less fatigue but to each his own. If you have not tried a light set, might be worth a go next time you change strings smile.gif As for this one, you nailed and you just won the STAR OF HONOR For completing all of the Missions thus far. Congrats you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (sidthekid @ Nov 29 2017, 11:39 AM) *
Hey Sarge!! Here are my next round of quick licks, 4 and 5, over the british metal collab. I love quick licks, it lets me be creative and learn some licks for later use as well!

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 12 2017, 07:23 AM
Learning Rock Star

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 12 2017, 08:11 AM
NAILED IT!!!! Also I have to take a moment to just GAWK at that Ibby. My God. What an instrument. Only a handful made it to Europe and BEN is one of the lucky few on the entire continent that can say he owns one. There are HUGE rock stars in Europe that don't have one of these because BEN pulled the trigger a little faster and BAM!!!! Nice!

As for the lick, BAM! Just what I want to see. Quick in, quick out. Doesn't go nuts over it, just gets the vibe and makes a take. Well done Ben, you have knocked out ALL Of the remaining quick licks!!!!!!! And in grant form I might say!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 12 2017, 02:23 AM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 19 2017, 09:22 PM
Hello Sarge,

My first take at the very very tricky #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1pb-M0PdmE

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 20 2017, 04:40 AM
Great to see you digging in to these Phil!!! This one was probably unduly difficult to be honest. I sometimes get excited about a given lick and don't take in to account that it's nearly impossible to play. The good news is that you got it!!!
You have good form here, solid technique and good timing. This lick can get very confusing in the picking pattern. Also, it's partially an open string lick, but it traverses strings as well, so yet another spot that can easily cause one to stumble, but not you! Solid as a rock. You have a good handle on the picking, and the string traverse. In short, you KILLED IT!!!! and just..

LEVELED UP!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 19 2017, 04:22 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

My first take at the very very tricky #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1pb-M0PdmE

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 20 2017, 08:12 AM
Thanks Todd,

I wanted to get it down one way or another. Honestly, I can't see me ever using anything like that with the kind of things I play, it seems maybe more suited to high speed metal rather than melodic hard rock, maybe I'm wrong though and one day it might suddenly appear in a jam wink.gif

Cheers buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 21 2017, 01:18 AM
You are spot on smile.gif It's well suited for tech/death/prog metal. I do hope you can find a way to work it in to future solos! Shoot me a link when you put it in something so I can check it out!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 20 2017, 03:12 AM) *
Thanks Todd,

I wanted to get it down one way or another. Honestly, I can't see me ever using anything like that with the kind of things I play, it seems maybe more suited to high speed metal rather than melodic hard rock, maybe I'm wrong though and one day it might suddenly appear in a jam wink.gif

Cheers buddy.

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 22 2018, 12:17 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Hey Sarge so here is Quick Lick No1...I tried to crank up the speed a little bit!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2018, 12:35 AM
Welcome to QUICK LICKS!!! You can do these in any order you like. Also, once you play the written bit once, you can do anything you want with it and feel free to record what you end up doing with it if you like smile.gif You did a great job on this one. This is a Paul Gilbert style "Shred" lick and it can be a bit of a finger twister as most of Paul's licks can be smile.gif You have good hand synch, solid alternate picking and very good palm muting. Also very fine precision/speed. All in all you made short work of of a difficult bit!!!

In other words you just..

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (George Hlio @ Feb 21 2018, 07:17 PM) *
Hey Sarge so here is Quick Lick No1...I tried to crank up the speed a little bit!

+Quote Post
George Hlio
Feb 22 2018, 12:41 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Thanks Todd! New to the quick licks realm...
Cool logo!!!! Very tasty licks I might say!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Feb 22 2018, 12:54 AM
Thanks!!! I had a fun time making up the logo/badge smile.gif Folks like to put their badges in their signature so that other folks can see where they are in each challenge. Just a way to have pride in what you've been working on smile.gif

Glad you like the lick as well! There are many more ahead of you and I hope you can put each one in to your back of tricks!

Todd
QUOTE (George Hlio @ Feb 21 2018, 07:41 PM) *
Thanks Todd! New to the quick licks realm...
Cool logo!!!! Very tasty licks I might say!

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 08:38 PM