> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

K1r - Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 4
Grade
Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 4
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 3 ] ** [75.00%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [25.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 4

K1R
Dec 28 2010, 05:13 PM
Learning Rock Star
Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 4
Guitar: Samick Royale 3
Effects: Boss ME-25
DAW: SONAR 8.5 LE

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Jan 14 2011, 03:50 AM

--------------------

Guitar Altamira M01D, Samick Royale 3, Musima Lead Star 1
Effects Boss ME-25
Amp Stagg 40 GA DSP
DAW SONAR LE

YouTube | Facebook | Last.fm
“One day you pick up the guitar and you feel like a great master, and the next day you feel like a fool. It’s because we’re different every day, but the guitar is always the same…beautiful.” ~ Tommy Emmanuel
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have a whole collection of musical ideas and thoughts that you’ve accumulated through your musical history plus all the musical history of the whole world and it’s all in your subconscious and you draw upon it when you play” ~ Joe Pass
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 2 2011, 07:12 PM
Instructor
I think this take is better that the one of the previous lesson. You should work more on the second part, starting from 0:40. Bends on this section are out of tune.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 8 2011, 10:15 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Good to see you're working on these vibrato lessons. Key here is to take it slowly. That way you'll have more space to concentrate on the vibrato itself (and bending etc).

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Jan 13 2011, 02:12 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Nice take.

After you've corrected the bendings, try to experiment with the vibrato and try to change it the way it suits you. Widen it, shorten it etc, just experiment till you have the vibrato you like the most, that will be your own.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 13 2011, 04:31 PM
GMC:er
Better wink.gif Much improvement. One thing I see you doing is letting your thumb ride up over the top of the neck. While this is perfectly valid if it suits your style, relying on the thumb to provide leverage for you bend can mask weakness in the fingers themselves. As a practice idea, try this same thing but keep your thumb planted in the middle of the neck and rely on finger strength for the bends. It will give you a really good idea of where you fingers are in terms of strength and control.

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 14 2011, 03:50 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
So close man, 7.25..One more take on this one and I'm sure you will have it!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:24 AM