Neo Classical Beginner Video
chast
Sep 22 2007, 02:44 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC'ers

I just was in the mood to record a video, and yes, nothing to add tongue.gif
It isnt perfect, timing, vibrato, but its getting better, maybe I can post a new video in 2 weeks or something to see my progress smile.gif
Well, here you are, and be scared, when I show my freakin face in the end!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iluha
Sep 22 2007, 03:06 AM
GMC:er
Still need to work on it but you'r getting there, Couldn't see you it was too dark smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 22 2007, 03:18 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Iluha @ Sep 22 2007, 04:06 AM) *
Still need to work on it but you'r getting there, Couldn't see you it was too dark smile.gif

Hm, yeah it was too dark wink.gif
Maybe its better like that tongue.gif

This post has been edited by chast: Sep 22 2007, 03:25 AM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 22 2007, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (chast @ Sep 21 2007, 08:44 PM) *
Hey GMC'ers

It isnt perfect, timing, vibrato, but its getting better, maybe I can post a new video in 2 weeks or something to see my progress smile.gif

Your rhythm and timing is pretty good. you did well there. However you need to work on your bends and vibrato.

edit: also the sweep at the end, you did not play it like a sweep.

my 2 cents, others feel free to disagree. I think you should continue to share your progress with us, that was worth posting.

yes, the new and better fkalich still lives.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 22 2007, 03:31 AM

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 22 2007, 03:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 22 2007, 04:26 AM) *
Your rhythm and timing is pretty good. you did well there. However you need to work on your bends and vibrato.
my 2 cents, others feel free to disagree.

Yeah, I argree with you, I only can bend the G-string (2 meanings...) to pitch^^
And I started to work on the vibrato only 2 weeks ago or something, becuase I recognized it didnt sound good, and its very hard to get a good vibrato :/
And thanks for your feedback =)

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Sep 22 2007, 03:35 AM
QUOTE (chast @ Sep 21 2007, 09:31 PM) *
Yeah, I argree with you, I only can bend the G-string (2 meanings...) to pitch^^
And I started to work on the vibrato only 2 weeks ago or something, becuase I recognized it didnt sound good, and its very hard to get a good vibrato :/
And thanks for your feedback =)

you probably read mine before I edited. I got to thinking that I was sounding a bit negative, which I had not intended. you did fine, keep up the progress.

edit: vibrato and precise bends take time. that is something that not many really master, not in my opinion. guys tend to work on the effects, the echo and reverb, backing tracks, and that really covers up the fact that they are not hitting things precisely. but they still sound less than the best because of that. the really really good players hit that stuff very precisely.

I have been working on that, and have become very unforgiving if I don't hit it precisely. if it is not perfect, as far as my playing is concerned, it is crap. I have given up on the "oh it is pretty close and that was hard" attitude. either it is there, precise, or it is crap, at least that is how I look at my playing.

I like this song. Actually i like it better than his intermediate and advance. sometimes simple is better to me. marcus does a good job getting the yngwie sound.

This post has been edited by fkalich: Sep 22 2007, 03:42 AM

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Sep 22 2007, 03:37 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (chast @ Sep 22 2007, 03:44 AM) *
Hey GMC'ers

You did it quite well!! smile.gif

Try to get better pedal/processor/preamp/amp,with more drive and sustain(optional delay) it'll sound even better!!

Thanks for posting this tho. wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Sep 22 2007, 04:59 AM
QUOTE (fkalich @ Sep 21 2007, 10:26 PM) *

edit: also the sweep at the end, you did not play it like a sweep.
my 2 cents, others feel free to disagree. I think you should continue to share your progress with us, that was worth posting.

yes, the new and better fkalich still lives.

Exactly what i was going to say biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 22 2007, 09:18 AM
Instructor
Great job!! smile.gif Thanks for sharing!

You've come a long way, and if you keep practicing I'm sure you'll play this perfect in no time!
As Muris said, try to increase the drive/gain in your amp. That will make it sound cooler, and I bet you'll find it easier & more fun to play.

Looking forward to hear you play this again in a couple of weeks! smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
chast
Sep 22 2007, 09:34 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey thanks for the feedback smile.gif
Increasing the gain is no problem, I going to try it.

That sweeping problem I dont understand, could you tell me what I am doing wrong, I dont get it ^^

@ fkalich: You didnt sound negative. Dont worry about it, you said nothing that would disappoint me smile.gif You are just helping me to see my mistakes, and you are right, with that "perfectness" I think. But if you never share what you are playing you cant get better in my opinion. Sorry, if I understood that wrong, what you said, it shouldnt be any negative comment on you. It is always better to tell the truth smile.gif
Im going to work on it and post in 1 or 2 weeks again.
So, stay tuned biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:19 AM