> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Loveboat - 80s Hard Rock Lesson, First REC submission
Grade
80s Hard Rock Lesson
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

loveboat
Jul 30 2011, 11:46 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hi

Just joined the other day and thought I'd try this out.

Lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...rd-rock-lesson/

Gear: Gibson SG, Garage Band / Guitar Rig, Guitar Rig Kontrol 2

Make sure to view it in HD.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 13 2011, 05:13 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 31 2011, 12:42 PM
Instructor
Well played, and great tone, gotta love SG smile.gif

As far as playing goes, I think most problems here are with timing. Everything else is OK, but timing needs to be tighter. Make sure you get into the groove a bit more and tap your foot while practicing and playing. This can help.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 31 2011, 01:24 PM
Instructor
Good take! You should focus on your timing. Try to be as precise as possible when thinking of the pulse. The only way to develop that is through practice.

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 31 2011, 01:25 PM
Instructor
Great take.. maybe not perfect but still very cool. Ivan's right about the tone - very nice ! cool.gif

Ok, to follow on from Ivan's comment about timing.. more specifically I would say you're slightly rushing ahead during the twiddly bits. During the chord playing you're fine.. it's just the more intricate parts. Nothing a bit more practice of the piece won't cure.

What helped me develop good timing is a lot of strumming... with or without backing. The more strumming rhythm you do, you begin to synchronise with your own inbuilt metronome. The better you get at it, the easier it becomes to apply this sense of timing to more intricate guitar techniques. So, in a nutshell.. techniques like strumming that use big movements are good for developing rhythm and timing.. so this can later be applied to smaller movements like alternate picking.

I liked your use of classical vibrato 0:28. That was very well executed.. some of the very best I've seen on GMC in fact. Using your other fingers to bolster the finger that is fretting the note is the best way to play this type of vibrato - it's the way I teach it. If you can apply that approach to every time you use it then that will become a very strong asset in your playing.

For the more regular vibrato (normal 'up, down' wrist vibrato) - that needs some work to make the motion more from the wrist not the finger. The 'U' shape formed between your thumb and first finger is like a fulcrum that pivots on the guitar neck. The combination of your wrist strength and pivoting is what actually makes the vibrato happen, not the finger. The finger just provides a stable and strong grip on the string but it's the other factors that make the technique work. I hope that makes sense smile.gif

Watch some of my videos, or Marcus Lavendell's (just search the names in the search bar at the top) and study the way our hands move when using vibrato and hopefully it will help my point make more sense, visually.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 31 2011, 09:32 PM
Instructor
Nothing more to add over the guys, stick to the advice and you'll nail it for sure!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 1 2011, 11:11 AM
Instructor
Very correctly played smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 5 2011, 05:09 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
7.6 on this one..pass!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:10 PM