M-audio Audiophile 192, any info about it..
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 12:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hi guys! I have recently purchased this audio card. As it was a fast buy (on a very good deal) I haven't managed to do some research about it... Do you have any info on it, is it good? In what "class" is it and are there any special things about it I should know...So far I have noticed that it doesen't have any routing abilities or I can't find them, to be able for example to output both PC sounds and input 1 etc etc and different mixes of them... I was really hopeing this part would be more versatile.But it sounds good so far smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 2 2010, 01:41 PM
Instructor
I found some info here. Looks like you can do pretty good recordings with this one and also you can have 4 of these installed if you want more ins and outs. There is a big review worth reading but they complained about routing and some features.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 2 2010, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the link Emir! I will study it. I wonder how do they connet multiple sounds cards to one PC, then in record software in audio settings do they have only one audio card (asio driver) to choose or multiple (in order to record all those channels available)...

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Apr 2 2010, 02:41 PM) *
I found some info here. Looks like you can do pretty good recordings with this one and also you can have 4 of these installed if you want more ins and outs. There is a big review worth reading but they complained about routing and some features.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 2 2010, 06:56 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
The old 2496 on which the 192 is based was always well regarded Bogdan and was considered as a major rival for the EMU cards when they first came out.
The 192 is good and sits probably at the higher end of the consumer/lower end of the pro-sumer cards. It should be fine for most home recording/project studio work. Main caveats I can think of at the consumer level are that its a pci card and that M-Audio have a reputation for being a bit slow in releasing driver updates - neither of these are major issues particularly as the card is a 'mature' one so drivers etc should be stable by now anyway. Pro-sumer wise - bass lift on the reported frequency spectrogram and noise could be better but ok for the price range.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Apr 2 2010, 07:33 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 2 2010, 05:03 PM) *
Thanks for the link Emir! I will study it. I wonder how do they connet multiple sounds cards to one PC, then in record software in audio settings do they have only one audio card (asio driver) to choose or multiple (in order to record all those channels available)...

You just plug all of them into your PCI slots and the system recognises ins and outs automatically. Plus you have more processing power.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Aleksander Sukov...
Apr 4 2010, 07:03 PM
Instructor
I use that card for 3 years now.

impressions:

hardware - great;

driver - not so great (the sound sometimes crackles, or even stops working at all)

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 4 2010, 10:50 PM
Thanks a lot for info guys! This is exactly what I needed to know! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:41 PM