Roland Cube 30
shredmandan
Aug 3 2007, 01:50 AM
GMC:er
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Sep 8 2008, 06:27 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lurgen
Aug 3 2007, 03:16 AM
Nice review. I use the Roland Cube 60, and love it. It too suffers from the problem of limiting you to two effects at a time (one from each category) which is a little annoying. I grabbed the footswitches as well, which (as you say) should have come with the unit.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars: Fender American Vintage 1957 Stratocaster, Fender American Highway One, Maton MS2000 Deluxe
Amps: Fender Hotrod Deluxe, Roland Cube 60, Fender Frontman 25R
Effects: Boss BD-2, OS-2, DD-20, TU-2

+Quote Post
erik
Aug 3 2007, 03:18 AM
Great amp, I've got the 60 watt version.
You can actually make your own footswitch tongue.gif just connect a guitar cable to a light switch and plug it in

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 3 2007, 03:44 AM
QUOTE (erik @ Aug 2 2007, 10:18 PM) *
Great amp, I've got the 60 watt version.
You can actually make your own footswitch tongue.gif just connect a guitar cable to a light switch and plug it in

I didnt know they made a 60 watt version.Dude tell me alittle more about how you make that footswitch biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
erik
Aug 6 2007, 12:56 PM
You just take a guitar cable and cut off one of the plugs with a knife. Then inside the cable there is two smaller cables. It should be a light switch that you can step on, so not one of theese:

This works better:

Then you take the two cables from inside the guitar cable and connect them so that when the switch is on, the two cables are connected to eachother. If you dont know how to do that, just use trial and error. Or you can get someone to do it for you.

The one side of the switch should be pressed down all the time, so that it goes back to the position after you have pressed it. Just use a rubber band or something.

Then plug it into one of the footswtich inputs on the amp smile.gif

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Aug 6 2007, 01:44 PM
Lets go fishing!
Great reveiw, I have the Roland 60 watt and its very good! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
TheReturnFC-Iban...
Sep 30 2007, 06:31 AM
I owned 30x cube which has some difference feature but sound is the same.
I feel this Amp is good to be with beginner. It contains 8 amps modeling which can make up beginner's mind up what they like. Personally, I love Mesa bookie!..

It contains 4+2 effects and indepent EQ.

This a good choices for beginners. Second hand would be fine it's quite cheap to get to your pathway!

QUOTE (erik @ Aug 6 2007, 03:56 AM) *
You just take a guitar cable and cut off one of the plugs with a knife. Then inside the cable there is two smaller cables. It should be a light switch that you can step on, so not one of theese:

This works better:

Then you take the two cables from inside the guitar cable and connect them so that when the switch is on, the two cables are connected to eachother. If you dont know how to do that, just use trial and error. Or you can get someone to do it for you.

The one side of the switch should be pressed down all the time, so that it goes back to the position after you have pressed it. Just use a rubber band or something.

Then plug it into one of the footswtich inputs on the amp smile.gif

I laughed when I saw the picture!

I will try out tomorrow dude!!

+Quote Post
Moon Boots
Dec 19 2007, 07:57 PM
I've got the Cube 30x and I love it to bits; the R-FIER model is absolutely fantastic for the heavy stuff that I play. The only thing is that most of the effects seem way too over powering even on the lower settings. But considering it's price I'd still have to give it a 9/10 though.

This post has been edited by Moon Boots: Dec 19 2007, 07:58 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 19 2007, 08:58 PM
Instructor
Great review, I have heard before that Cube's are great amps! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 19 2007, 10:50 PM
Instructor
Nice review man, it would be nice to have picture tough, but still very nice reviewed. Keep rockin' smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
steve25
Dec 21 2007, 12:16 AM
Good amp though i don't use it as much anymore. The metal sounds were good when i first got it however now that i've got a PODxt when i compare that to the amp sound it cannot compete at all but good for practicing.

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 25 2007, 08:16 AM
QUOTE (erik @ Aug 7 2007, 12:56 AM) *

biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Tomy Jeon: Dec 25 2007, 08:17 AM

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
BIGD2
Mar 9 2008, 10:52 PM
I just have gotten a 30x and was wondering how to rig up a switch.......thanks Erik.

On the tech side does the switch need to keep the circuit closed (or open) for the switching to take effect or just make momentary contact?

Thanks........BD

+Quote Post
Xranthoius
Mar 9 2008, 10:59 PM
Aye, nice review man.

--------------------
IPB Image IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 9 2008, 11:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (TheReturnFC-Ibanez @ Sep 30 2007, 06:31 AM) *
I owned 30x cube which has some difference feature but sound is the same.
I feel this Amp is good to be with beginner. It contains 8 amps modeling which can make up beginner's mind up what they like. Personally, I love Mesa bookie!..

It contains 4+2 effects and indepent EQ.

This a good choices for beginners. Second hand would be fine it's quite cheap to get to your pathway!

I laughed when I saw the picture!

I will try out tomorrow dude!!

I used similar switch on my good ol' 30W Marshall laugh.gif those were the days biggrin.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
erik
Mar 16 2008, 02:08 AM
QUOTE (BIGD2 @ Mar 9 2008, 10:52 PM) *
On the tech side does the switch need to keep the circuit closed (or open) for the switching to take effect or just make momentary contact?

Thanks........BD

momentary contact

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:54 PM