> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Blues Rock Rhythm, Lesson By Stephane Lucarelli
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Folkyringo
Jan 16 2016, 09:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Blues Rock Rhythm by Stephane Lucarelli

Hello again, here is my take for Blues Rock Rhythm. Thanks Volker

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 17 2016, 12:59 PM
Instructor
Hey man! You need to set your vid to "not public" or "public". Currently it has a "private" status so only you can see it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 18 2016, 01:08 PM
Instructor
Hello Volker, this is a good take. I like your tone here, it's really tasteful and is perfect for this type of music.

Overall, your rhythm playing is good. The only time you veer off tempo is when you play the more complex riffs, the ones that use single note lines. Here you have a tendency to slightly rush them so I would focus on the all the licks (not the main chords) and set up a metronome to work on them until you have the timing sounding a lot tighter and more natural.

Apart from that, a very good job - keep it going smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jan 18 2016, 02:08 PM
Instructor
My impression is similar to Ben's. When you start to play we hear confident and tight rhythm playing with properly matched tone. Things go a little off when single notes appear. It's mostly about the timming. There are no obvious reasons for this to happen. I think if you'll spend some more time and those licks will get more into musce memory, then you'll be able to 100% focus on the timming adn fix this issue smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 18 2016, 02:40 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

This is a good take, you are doing a good job with your rhythm training. During the next days of practice you should focus on:

- Dynamics: You tend to play everything soft. Check how the instructor tends to play stronger, and manages dynamics.

- Timing: You have little timing issues when combining single note riffing with chords. Isolate the trick parts and work on them.

Other than that, this is a good take. Please keep on practicing with these two things in mind and write me if you have questions.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Fran
Jan 19 2016, 09:32 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Pass: 6.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:34 AM