Cubase - No Audio Output
RobK87
Apr 23 2010, 04:38 AM
Learning Tone Master
So I decided to try out Cubase to see if its any better than Ableton. (both are limited versions)

But when I play my guitar through Cubase, there is an audio input activity but no output. In simpler terms I cannot hear my guitar.

I have already read some stuff, and no matter what I do there is still no output.

Any help is appreciated. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Berglmir
Apr 23 2010, 07:24 AM
GMC:er
Funny thing is, that I tried to switch from Reaper and Ableton Live to Cubase also just yesterday.
I know that I had the same phenomenon at some stage but could solve it somehow.
The only problem is that without knowing all your settings it´s very difficult for me to help you. (Apart from asking: Did you activate the track/speaker output? happy.gif)
I had to install it twice actually to get it to work "properly" (I went to bed after I recorded one track, it was far too late by then to tweak around some more).
So the first thing to do is to post a screenshot of your main cubase workarea - maybe we can help you better then.
Next thing would be a screenshot about your device set up - where all the driver stuff, In- & Outputs are managed.

Heads up - I´m sure this great community will & can help you! biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Berglmir: Apr 23 2010, 10:32 PM

+Quote Post
RobK87
Apr 23 2010, 01:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
Well I have completely default settings just to say that.

And I don't really know how to post screenshots...never done it before. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 23 2010, 03:49 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You need to turn on the track monitoring to hear the guitar. Make an audio track and on it (to the left where mute/solo buttons are) you will find a small speaker icon. Turn it on. You should hear your guitar.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 23 2010, 09:27 PM
Instructor
Press F3 to open the main mixer. TO the left you will see input channels. You can enable monitoring (speaker icon) on that channel, or you can open new audio track, choose that input channel as input, and enable monitoring there. You can also record there then.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
RobK87
Apr 23 2010, 11:07 PM
Learning Tone Master
It's still not working.... even after turning monitoring on. The only thing I can think to do is to have Guitar Rig open separately to hear my guitar. Because it still records, just no output.

EDIT: Ok I got it to work!!!!

This post has been edited by RobK87: Apr 24 2010, 12:39 AM

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 24 2010, 05:12 AM
GMC:er
What was then?

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 26 2010, 05:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RobK87 @ Apr 24 2010, 12:07 AM) *
It's still not working.... even after turning monitoring on. The only thing I can think to do is to have Guitar Rig open separately to hear my guitar. Because it still records, just no output.

EDIT: Ok I got it to work!!!!

Glad you got it solved smile.gif I remember I had lots of issues with these tiny little things about Cubase. Official Video Tutorial called Internal Mixing help me greatly with every aspect of Cubase/Nuendo. I definitely recommend to anyone who is willing to put some time aside for learning the DAW. Not only you learn from advanced multimedia content, but tutorial is exceptionally well made so you will probably enjoy (instead for reading a book for example) wink.gif

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/legac...ngtutorial.html

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:24 PM