Reb Beach Style
bingefeller
Oct 8 2014, 10:38 AM
GMC:er
Hi Ben,

Was watching your new shred video yesterday and your Reb Beach section stood out to me.

What about a Reb Beach style lesson from you? I'd like to see more of those mixolydian sounding tapping lines smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 8 2014, 01:04 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bingefeller @ Oct 8 2014, 10:38 AM) *
What about a Reb Beach style lesson from you? I'd like to see more of those mixolydian sounding tapping lines smile.gif

Yeah why not ? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Oct 8 2014, 01:17 PM
I know it was a popular thing to bash Winger, but honestly, image wise, they were no worse than most of the hair metal bands of that era (and certainly nowhere near as glammed up as Britney Fox, or Cinderella et al), but they really had talented musicians - Rod Morgenstein on drums is a monster player (just check out his work with Steve Morse and the Dixie Dregs).

I always enjoyed Reb's playing, and thought he brought a lot of originality to the tapping thing, and would enjoy seeing a Reb style lesson, both for lead and rhythm.

This post has been edited by Hexabuzz: Oct 8 2014, 01:18 PM

+Quote Post
krakou
Oct 8 2014, 01:50 PM
Learning Roadie
Winger album Karma (2009) is fantastic.

+Quote Post
bingefeller
Oct 8 2014, 03:39 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Oct 8 2014, 12:04 PM) *
Yeah why not ? smile.gif

Sweet!! biggrin.gif:D Thank you!!

QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Oct 8 2014, 12:17 PM) *
I know it was a popular thing to bash Winger, but honestly, image wise, they were no worse than most of the hair metal bands of that era (and certainly nowhere near as glammed up as Britney Fox, or Cinderella et al), but they really had talented musicians - Rod Morgenstein on drums is a monster player (just check out his work with Steve Morse and the Dixie Dregs).

I always enjoyed Reb's playing, and thought he brought a lot of originality to the tapping thing, and would enjoy seeing a Reb style lesson, both for lead and rhythm.

Yea the Winger bashing thing sucked. I think that, out of all the hair bands of that era, they were one of the most talented.

Reb's solo album called Fusion Demos is fantastic. Really great playing on it.

QUOTE (krakou @ Oct 8 2014, 12:50 PM) *
Winger album Karma (2009) is fantastic.

Gotta be honest with you, I didn't like this one that much. IV is my favourite Winger album as of late.

This post has been edited by bingefeller: Oct 8 2014, 03:40 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:32 PM