A judgement over time
A dream may revive your past
but where your heading, you know
It isn't shining so bright
A lantern in the mist
A hymn sounding your last dawn

Copyright © 2007-2008 Paul Butcher

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Feb 14 2008, 02:49 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 15)
Nemanja Filipovi...
Feb 14 2008, 02:50 PM
Singing Instructor
wow..man you can wrote some lyrics:)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 14 2008, 03:04 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Nemanja @ Feb 14 2008, 01:50 PM) *
wow..man you can wrote some lyrics:)

Thanks. It means a lot to me. I'm going through a bit of a dry spell with lyrics and song ideas at the minute. Those are the last lyrics I wrote. I have another song called Desolate Wasteland that I just wrote which is about my hometown of Blackpool.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 14 2008, 04:19 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Now you may find in the black
A deeper sense of who you are
A judgement over time
A dream revive your past
A lantern in the mist

I like that part man, awesome stuff smile.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 14 2008, 06:32 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 14 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Now you may find in the black
A deeper sense of who you are
A judgement over time
A dream revive your past
A lantern in the mist

I like that part man, awesome stuff smile.gif

Their are maniacal chants under that section that sound like people murmuring a hymn. It's a cool a bit smile.gif Oh and I missed one word tongue.gif A dream may revive your past smile.gif

I'm glad you like as your lyrics are very good smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 14 2008, 09:20 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
May i ask what your song name means? Its seems to be french, and i know Oh so little french tongue.gif

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 14 2008, 09:40 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 14 2008, 08:20 PM) *
May i ask what your song name means? Its seems to be french, and i know Oh so little french tongue.gif

It means literally the Hymn of Death. Hence the chanting of a hymn in the chorus. It's about the run up to the end of life basically. When you are just passing to the other side.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Gen
Feb 14 2008, 09:42 PM
Did you use an translation site? Because its actually wrong, if you wanna say the Hymn of Death, it would be "L' hymne de la mort". biggrin.gif
Really cool lyrics man

This post has been edited by Gen: Feb 14 2008, 09:51 PM

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 15 2008, 09:40 AM
QUOTE (Gen @ Feb 14 2008, 08:42 PM) *
Did you use an translation site? Because its actually wrong, if you wanna say the Hymn of Death, it would be "L' hymne de la mort". biggrin.gif
Really cool lyrics man

Is that definite? How would you say Death Hymn or would that be the same? I actually used my old French skills lol. biggrin.gif Well at least we haven't released it yet. I will change the name smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Gen
Feb 15 2008, 12:31 PM
Yeah, it would actually be the same biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 15 2008, 12:36 PM
From now I want trust my old French skills smile.gif Thanks for the input. I will change the name of the song for when we release it on the upcoming album smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 22 2008, 01:51 AM
Very cool lyrics. I've been working on some myself, but I'm NOWHERE as close to the level of you pros tongue.gif

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 22 2008, 01:54 AM
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Feb 22 2008, 12:51 AM) *
Very cool lyrics. I've been working on some myself, but I'm NOWHERE as close to the level of you pros tongue.gif

haha. Far from pros but I have learnt from the absolute rubbish I wrote when I was younger biggrin.gif I may post lyrics to the first song I ever wrote tomorrow. They are awful but interestingly its one of our bands fan favourites. Annoyingly as we hate it smile.gif

You should put up some lyrics and we can try and offer help on improving. Or they may be awesome instantly and you're hiding them from the world biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Feb 22 2008, 01:55 AM
Instructor
Great lyrics mate! smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
SLASH91
Feb 22 2008, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 21 2008, 06:54 PM) *
Or they may be awesome instantly and you're hiding them from the world biggrin.gif

Haha, doubt that. laugh.gif But maybe I will after I finish some of them.

--------------------

"Remember to live, eat, sleep and breathe music for the mind, play from your heart and never be swayed by the current trends"-
Rusty Cooley

My gear:

Marshall Valvstate
Digitech Distortion Factory
Jackson RR24 (Randy Rhoads)
Ibanez RG2550e
A ripoff brand acoustic guitar
and a Yamaha Classical guitar :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 22 2008, 02:00 AM
QUOTE (Toni Suominen @ Feb 22 2008, 12:55 AM) *
Great lyrics mate! smile.gif

Cheers man. This song is going on our album that we start recording on Monday smile.gif So when it is complete I will be able to upload. The song has been written and it has got some crazy riffs in it. So crazy in fact that I can only just play them biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:41 AM