2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Is This Headphone Mod Possible?, In a reliable way
Phil66
Nov 7 2017, 09:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello folks,

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600 headphones. Is there a reliable gadget that can make them wireless? I don't mean a full conversion, just something I can plug into my Focusrite heaphone socket and then something I can plug the headphones into that is small enough to allow me to coil up the cable and hang it down my back?

I've browsed the www but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I've found bluetooth adaptor things but I don't think that's what I want. I'm a bit of a numpty with these things rolleyes.gif

Cheers

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Nov 7 2017, 10:38 PM
GMC:er
Yeah I also made a search and seems everybodys aim for this is for smartphones. I'd consider a headphone extension cable if possible.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 8 2017, 04:44 AM
Here is a nice conversion kit that is high quality. It's not cheap though at $70.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 7 2017, 04:15 PM) *
Hello folks,

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD600 headphones. Is there a reliable gadget that can make them wireless? I don't mean a full conversion, just something I can plug into my Focusrite heaphone socket and then something I can plug the headphones into that is small enough to allow me to coil up the cable and hang it down my back?

I've browsed the www but I'm not really sure what I'm looking at. I've found bluetooth adaptor things but I don't think that's what I want. I'm a bit of a numpty with these things rolleyes.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 8 2017, 10:00 AM
QUOTE (Mertay @ Nov 7 2017, 09:38 PM) *
Yeah I also made a search and seems everybodys aim for this is for smartphones. I'd consider a headphone extension cable if possible.

Thanks but the cable is plenty long enough. I usually put my headphones on first so I can take off the guitar and work on my track in Reaper. Sometimes I forget and put them on after the guitar, I then forget I've done that and take guitar off first. It's nothing major but a minor niggle when the cables get took around the guitar stand rolleyes.gif

Cheers

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 8 2017, 03:44 AM) *
Here is a nice conversion kit that is high quality. It's not cheap though at $70.

Thanks Todd,

I'll look into that and see if it is available in the UK when I get home. smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Nov 9 2017, 10:37 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 7 2017, 08:15 PM) *

Just a warning...latency might be a problem with bluetooth. Some amp emulator apps specifically block usage of bluetooth audio output for that reason.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 9 2017, 07:26 PM
Thanks, I didn't know that. I wonder if there's a WiFi version?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 10 2017, 03:40 AM
Very true! this is a good point. Bluetooth can introduce lag in to your system. This can cause a variety of issues depending on how the lag shows up. Senheiser makes a pair for a couple hundred bux, maybe 100 onsale on line, that use their own wireless tech so there is no lag. But then you are buying all new cans. Getting a longer extension cable is probably the cheapest and best bet for recording/mixing work using your existing phones..
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-audio...-digital-rs-160

Todd

QUOTE (Rammikin @ Nov 9 2017, 05:37 AM) *
Just a warning...latency might be a problem with bluetooth. Some amp emulator apps specifically block usage of bluetooth audio output for that reason.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Nov 10 2017, 03:41 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 14 2017, 08:18 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 10 2017, 02:40 AM) *
Very true! this is a good point. Bluetooth can introduce lag in to your system. This can cause a variety of issues depending on how the lag shows up. Senheiser makes a pair for a couple hundred bux, maybe 100 onsale on line, that use their own wireless tech so there is no lag. But then you are buying all new cans. Getting a longer extension cable is probably the cheapest and best bet for recording/mixing work using your existing phones..
https://en-us.sennheiser.com/wireless-audio...-digital-rs-160

Todd

Thanks

Cable length is fine, the I usually put my headphones on first so I can take off the guitar and work on my track in Reaper. Sometimes I forget and put them on after the guitar, I then forget I've done that and take guitar off first. It's nothing major but a minor niggle when the cables get took around the guitar stand by the strap.

I was hoping to find a wi-fi solution really, I'll just have to focus more, if I put them on first it isn't an issue taking the guitar on and off.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 14 2017, 08:19 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 15 2017, 05:31 PM
Here are the best wireless headphones of 2017. One of them should do it smile.gif None are cheap but all are nice.

Todd

https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2406182,00.asp

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 14 2017, 03:18 AM) *
Thanks

Cable length is fine, the I usually put my headphones on first so I can take off the guitar and work on my track in Reaper. Sometimes I forget and put them on after the guitar, I then forget I've done that and take guitar off first. It's nothing major but a minor niggle when the cables get took around the guitar stand by the strap.

I was hoping to find a wi-fi solution really, I'll just have to focus more, if I put them on first it isn't an issue taking the guitar on and off.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 16 2017, 08:33 PM
Thanks Todd but I paid around £300 for these not long ago, there's not much around that touches them for sound quality. I don't want to change them, I will just have to deal with it and get into the habit of putting them on first.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 20 2017, 07:05 AM
You are pretty much looking at getting a blutooth adapter kit then. Bottom line. And yes, it will add a pinch of lag. sad.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 16 2017, 03:33 PM) *
Thanks Todd but I paid around £300 for these not long ago, there's not much around that touches them for sound quality. I don't want to change them, I will just have to deal with it and get into the habit of putting them on first.

Cheers smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 20 2017, 08:26 AM
I can't handle lag, that's why I am all hardware for effects, I'll be more disciplined with my headphones I think biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking anyway cool.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 20 2017, 08:38 AM
Sure thing smile.gif For recording work, wired really is the way to go. Wireless does introduce lag so it sorta ruins things for real recording work IMHO. There are some wireless options that don't introduce lag, but none that I know of that are add ons for existing headphones. So if you like the cans you've got, it's wired time : )

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 20 2017, 03:26 AM) *
I can't handle lag, that's why I am all hardware for effects, I'll be more disciplined with my headphones I think biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking anyway cool.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 7 2017, 07:35 PM
How about something like a Line6 G10 with a double ended female to connect headphone plug to transmitter?

Thanks

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 8 2017, 02:57 AM
Sure smile.gif Bit pricey just to have wireless headphones but if it's in the budget, why not?

quote name='Phil66' date='Dec 7 2017, 02:35 PM' post='754392']
How about something like a Line6 G10 with a double ended female to connect headphone plug to transmitter?

Thanks
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Rammikin
Dec 8 2017, 03:40 AM
Experienced Rock Star
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 7 2017, 06:35 PM) *

Connect your headphones to the transmitter? That no work. You've got things backwards there smile.gif.

Here are your wireless options:

1) Digital: Bluetooth. The problem is latency. For listening to music that's ok. For playing the guitar, that's not ok.
2) Analog wireless headphones. Some good IEM's will be expensive, but simple RF headphones can be reasonably priced. These will generally have low latency, but the problem is your audio quality will suffer. Coming from Sennheiser HD600's, you'll likely be disappointed by the comparison. And they are prone to interference problems.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 8 2017, 08:14 AM
laugh.gif Yeah, I hadn't really thought about it, it was something that popped up in an advert on a web page and I jumped on it. In my haste I must have just thought it was a two way comm. I now see what you're saying. I might still get a G10 for my guitar though.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 9 2017, 06:39 AM
You would have to connect your audio source to the transmitter, not the headphone. Whatever the output sources is that you are plugging the headphones in to, you'd need to plug the transmitter in to that. The headphone woujld have to be connected to the receiver unit. So in theory it could work. However, the receviever unit is NOT small. It's a bit of a brick. Not to meantion the entire thing would set you back about $200, and the transmitter has a batter that needs recharging after several hours.

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 8 2017, 03:14 AM) *
laugh.gif Yeah, I hadn't really thought about it, it was something that popped up in an advert on a web page and I jumped on it. In my haste I must have just thought it was a two way comm. I now see what you're saying. I might still get a G10 for my guitar though.

Cheers

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Dec 9 2017, 06:41 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 9 2017, 09:32 AM
Yeah Todd, I realised as soon as Rammi said . I've ordered s GT100 anyway now,. Just for convenience. Bit of a luxury but you're only here once eh? Arriving Monday.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Dec 9 2017, 10:02 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 11 2017, 04:16 AM
let us know how it goes smile.gif could be a good solution for folks!!

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Dec 9 2017, 04:32 AM) *
Yeah Todd, I realised as soon as Rammi said . I've ordered s GT100 anyway now,. Just for convenience. Bit of a luxury but you're only here once eh? Arriving Monday.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:34 AM