2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Merry Christmas From Uncleskillet, Trond And Smells, A song we hope you will enjoy. Dokken style!!
UncleSkillet
Dec 20 2008, 10:14 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hello to everyone here at GMC. All around the world this time of year we all celebrate something and for me here in the USA it is Christmas. It’s supposed to bring out the best in everyone and create a sense of good will, sharing and giving between others. Unfortunately I have seen this holiday bring out the worst in some as well.

Several weeks ago I started with an idea working with Steve (skennington) and it has made a dream of mine come true. I think I can speak for everyone whom participated in the creation of this song when I say we believe this conveys what the Xmas spirit is all about. How people, all of use on completely different sides of the world can come together musically and create something like this with the intent of good will is a very humbling experience to say the least.

It was truly a blast working with you guys on this project and I thank you for all your help.

The piece we put together is an Xmas cover recorded by Dokken called “Santa Claus is Coming to Town”. So we should probably thank them first for the great tune and ask that you please not sue use. biggrin.gif laugh.gif

Credit and thanks go to:

Steve (skennington) – Steve’s playing isn’t in the song but his spirit is through my playing. Thanks for your friendship and motivating me to do this. smile.gif

Trond – Drums, Bass, Ending solo and final mixing. You got mad ninja skills brother. wink.gif

Smells – Vocals and the acoustic part in the middle. I new you could pull this off. I think you may of even surprised yourself little buddy. huh.gif wink.gif

UncleSkillet – Rhythm guitar and main solo in the middle.

Enjoy it everyone and have a Merry Christmas.

Attached File  Dokken___Santa_Claus_is_coming_to_town.mp3 ( 5.37MB ) Number of downloads: 679

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Dec 21 2008, 06:43 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tolek
Dec 20 2008, 10:23 PM
Learning Rock Star
There´some really cool playing, guys! smile.gif Thanks a lot for this surprise. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 20 2008, 10:49 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Your quite welcome man! smile.gif Sorry for the time restraints on my part and I had a blast practicing with it. You guys did a phenomenal job with this cover! Merry Christmas to all of you! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 20 2008, 10:57 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Dec 20 2008, 09:14 PM) *
Smells – Vocals and the acoustic part in the middle. I new you could pull this off. I think you may of even surprised yourself little buddy. huh.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif yea your right!! one of the very few tracks I can listen to my vocals without cringing laugh.gif

It was an absolute pleasure to do this, and a real honour to be asked, thanks Jeff!, awesome mixing and producing from Trond, and of course the playing from you guys was awesome as well! I was blown away with the first track you sent me! smile.gif

Happy Christmas everyone !! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 20 2008, 11:16 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
WOW!

You guys are awesome from beginning to end, this track rocks so much!, everything from riffing, vocals, solos, production... speechless.

Hats off guys, truly amazing smile.gif
I'll add a piece of news about this in the Journal asap!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
jer
Dec 20 2008, 11:25 PM
GMC:er
Nice!

\m/ \m/

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Dec 20 2008, 11:39 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Very good guys, I love it biggrin.gif

I heard a sneak-peek yesterday, and was impressed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Dec 20 2008, 11:41 PM
Instructor
This was a really fun project to be apart of! biggrin.gif
The high quality tracks you guys sent me made mixing this really easy smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 20 2008, 11:42 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
The song is now featured article of the GMC Journal
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/index.php/Portal:GMC

I also added it to the Wiki main page, this is too good to go unnoticed guys smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 21 2008, 12:00 AM
Instructor
This is an awesome project guys! biggrin.gif I'm really proud to be a member of such a great community as GMC is and to have the privilege to work with you guys. Thumbs up and hats down! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 21 2008, 12:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks everyone. I am glad you are enjoying it. Putting this project together was like we were in the same room and did it in one night. That's how smooth everything went. It was turely an honor to work with you guys.

@Fran
Thanks bro for the cool listing in the Journal!! I didn't know that was there laugh.gif I guess I need to stay out of the forums and check other things out more often.

@Ivan
Thanks for your kind words mate smile.gif . The advice you gave me from your collab I joined a while back has helped quite a bit. I am no pro but I do the best I can do with what I got at the time. Bends + Vibrato, I'm getting better I think. Went back to 9 gauge instead of 10 gauge strings and it is much easier wink.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Dec 21 2008, 12:31 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 21 2008, 12:28 AM
Instructor
Great job with Christmas project!
I am very happy for all of you guys smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
opeth.db
Dec 21 2008, 01:51 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome. GMC Rules.

--------------------
My Gear
Ibanez RG570 Silver
Jackson Ofset V Randy Rhodes Signature
Mitchell Acoustic
Custom Ibanez S series (Currently working on)
X2 XDS95 Digital Wireless system
Line 6 MKII
8 Channel USB Roland Mixer

My Site
www.shredwork.com

Learn how to count. It's what separates the hack and the pros IMHO. -LCSDDS

+Quote Post
skennington
Dec 21 2008, 01:56 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
One tiny note I would like to add... This cover was completely done by ear. There are no tab's available for this song so just another testimonial to how talented you guys are... cool.gif

The more I listen, the more I like it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Dec 21 2008, 02:19 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks man. smile.gif That's how we had to do it back in the day before technology, computers and GMC. laugh.gif

Rocken it old school bro and you will get there to. If I have to take a road trip and give you a kick in the pants I will. I also fight and compete in the UFC so don't make me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (skennington @ Dec 20 2008, 07:56 PM) *
One tiny note I would like to add... This cover was completely done by ear. There are no tab's available for this song so just another testimonial to how talented you guys are... cool.gif

The more I listen, the more I like it! smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Dec 21 2008, 02:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 21 2008, 03:35 AM
Experienced Rock Star
Really neat...should be in one of those cds of metal christmas biggrin.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Dec 21 2008, 03:46 AM
Instructor
just awesome guys!!! exellent work!!! congrats and thanks for this gift! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 21 2008, 10:26 AM
GMC Founder
Wow this was a suprise! ohmy.gif it was all top notch quality... I guess we have an official gmc Christmas song now! biggrin.gif Amazing!

--------------------

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Dec 21 2008, 11:04 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This was so coool! Great work guys, and your vocals Chris, they are very very good! did you double them and then panned them?? Sounds cool wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 21 2008, 11:15 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Dec 21 2008, 10:04 AM) *
This was so coool! Great work guys, and your vocals Chris, they are very very good! did you double them and then panned them?? Sounds cool wink.gif

they are doubled yes, but no idea what Trond did to them afte that smile.gif all I know is that he made them sound good laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:06 PM